Lethal Weapon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lethal Weapon Reviews

October 19, 2016
What a movie. We're do I even start? The characters are lovable, the acting is some of the best. I think it shares first place with die hard for the best Christmas action movies of all time!
October 17, 2016
10/17/16 - This truly is a dynamic duo! Action at its finest! God please bring back the good old days! Help us move forward to better days! Heal this broken land of the United States of America and bring us back to you in Jesus Christ name!
October 12, 2016
The best installment in the franchise. A neat action/thriller flick with a great cast-member team up.
October 9, 2016
It's a classic '80s action movie in every sense.

Grade: A
½ October 2, 2016
An action classic that kicked off the movie series that defined the "buddy cop" genre
September 25, 2016
Mel Gibson and Danny make for a damn good team in this '80s action classic. With its heavy (and heady) saxophone soundtrack and handheld-stylized camerawork, Lethal Weapon stands tall as a tribute to its time and the late-great stuntman Dar Robinson. It should be no surprise that Mel Gibson broke out big with the two-hand punch of Mad Max and Lethal Weapon; here, he again plays a police officer struggling with a deep personal loss, but this time with a charm and swagger that explodes onscreen.
½ September 25, 2016
This is an example of marketing making a film iconic when it doesn't deserve it's status. There were loads of similar films with cliche detectives all through the 70's and 80's which fell between the cracks because it didn't have mad max in them. At the time this was released, he was still popular and was able to sell this rubbish to the masses very easily.
September 14, 2016
"I'm too old for this shit..." No, Mr Glover: you're never too old for this and it certainly isn't shit. "Riggs!"
½ September 10, 2016
The apex of the buddy cop comedy action thriller. It is such an influential movie to the action genre that I recommend everyone see it.
September 10, 2016
One of the best action movies ever made, which redifines, not only the buddy cop genre, but the buddy film genre itself. Directed by Richard Donner, it stars good old Danny Glover and Mel gibson, who make a great duo. Even part of the good musical score itself, was done by legend Eric Clapton. Well it's not a comedy movie, there is a bit of humor in this film. A good action movie. Recommended !!
September 8, 2016
Favorite Mel Gibson movie, action packed and funny and entertaining!
August 23, 2016
Lethal gave me a nostalgia trip, despite never having seen it. This was a movie that would be strictly off-limits to me as a child, but the style and feel of the film is reminiscent of the action movies my friends and I loved before our tenth birthdays. Glover and Gibson both submit wonderful performances, especially Gibson, who plays a complete maniac with a convincingness that was probably more revealing than people realized at the time. His mythical heroism here is fun because it's convincing - the insanity aspect covers for some more farfetched parts of his character. Having to see Gary Busey was the only real negative of this film, together with the idiotic final fight scene.
½ August 20, 2016
It really didn't take a lot to impress movie fans of the 80s. "Lethal Weapon" is the poster child of the buddy cop genre, but as beloved as it is, it's hardly masterpiece material.
August 14, 2016
The Front Lawn Brawl will always be a Classic Fight Scene. ???????????
½ August 11, 2016
I liked it, but I will admit I do prefer Die Hard (1988) to it, but that makes sense because I prefer Willis to Gibson in general. I liked Glover's performance too. I'm totally going to end up watching the rest of the Lethal Weapon movies I'm sure
August 6, 2016
I'm getting too old for this shit.
½ August 2, 2016
Never boring, never cheesy and always punchy, Lethal Weapon deserves its status as one of the all time classic action films. Lethal Weapon boasts quotable dialogue which is delivered brilliantly by Gibson and Glover. It refuses to partake in the modern day action cliche of shaky cam, favouring easy-watching well choreographed car chases, shootouts and fights. It's not the best Christmas action flick out there (thank you Die Hard), but it's certainly a complete package.
July 29, 2016
Mel Gibson is Martin Riggs and Danny Glover is Roger Murtaugh in the classic action film Lethal Weapon. Riggs is an explosive and lethal cop that is shoot first, as questions later. Murtaugh is the exact opposite and does things by the book and is calm. When heroine smuggling scheme case comes up and Murtaugh's daughter is kidnapped, it becomes nothing but personal. Lethal Weapon features and helped define all of the elements that are in many cop movies. The action is solid, and Gary Busey plays the classic henchmen top villain. The movie features solid characters and chemistry and holds up well for its time.
July 19, 2016
There's a reason this was the template for every action movie that followed for a long time.