Lilo & Stitch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lilo & Stitch Reviews

March 5, 2018

"Lilo & Stich" de Dean DeBlois y Chris Sanders se aleja lo suficiente de lo establecido en la filmografía de Disney para construir una historia que resulta, por un lado graciosa y divertida, y por el otro, entrañable y emotiva sobre la importancia de la familia gracias a sus carismáticos y bien desarrollados personajes (Stich es toda una monada), su magnífica ambientación de Hawái, su efectivo uso de la música de Elvis Presley y su colorida animación.
½ February 19, 2018
As usual, Disney makes another impressively entertaining film about a hard topic, and turns it in to a kids movie that is a great family friendly movie
½ February 9, 2018
One of my favorite go ti Disney films. And enjoyable story that includes one of the most lovable and unique characters that Disney has come up with. He is also (as they say in the movie) so cute and fluffy!
½ January 20, 2018
I think it's one of my top 5 Disney movies. I could watch it everyday and I wouldn't have enough. It's energetic, goofy but also has some really strong moments which can make you cry
½ December 21, 2017
Emotionally moving and fun and the same time, Lilo and Stitch an amazing movie.
December 7, 2017
No matter anyone's age, this Disney movie will make anyone thankful for their family. This film is enjoyable for both children and adults due to differentiated perspectives. Children get a kick out of Stitch and Lilo's fun-filled adventure. Whereas, adults feel for Lilo's sister since she is struggling to deal with the sudden death of their parents. Lilo and Nani currently live together and have to deal with everyday activities such as: cooking, cleaning, working, and getting ready for school. Lilo's personality abruptly changes after her parents' tragedy. Do you blame her? She is a young child having to deal with the thought of never seeing either of her parents again. However, Lilo begins to act out and take her anger out on Nani. Nani becomes overwhelms with all of the responsibilities that were suddenly placed in her lap and takes her stress out on Lilo. Even though both siblings fought and bickered throughout the film, they soon realize that they both love each other very much because they are all they have left.
October 8, 2017
this is one of my favorite Disney Movie of all time ever, I really love this movie, Lilo and Stitch is one my favorite Disney Characters, Nani is one my favorite she totally okay, but I like her alots, but dont judge me, okay. but you Disney fan really like this movie about Girls/Women, Aliens, Dogs, and Elvis I just recommend
October 5, 2017
This movie will always hold a special place in my heart. Love the characters and the drama. This was probably the first Disney movie I ever saw that featured reality in it. The sister's dilemma is a good dilemma and even the though the side with the aliens is silly and out of nowhere, it somehow makes sense. The relationship between Lilo and Stitch is a good relationship. Kinda like a brother and sister relationship. What else can I say? It's just a beautiful movie. Definitely one of Disney's bests during the early 2000s and will always be my favorite Disney movie. Stitch is best alien!
September 26, 2017
Cobra Bubbles steals the show. Still a little disconcerted about the odd proportions the female characters are drawn in...
September 18, 2017
a different Disney film that had a kinda real feel to it
September 10, 2017
10 out of 10:

With colorful animation, funny humor, and an important lesson about family, Lilo and Stitch marks a modern landmark in Disney history.
½ August 27, 2017
Lilo and Stitch (2002) - tackles a great deal of thought provoking themes while also being a cute and endearing movie for all. The movie came out during a period where Disney was struggling to adapt to the modern changes coming from the rise of CGI films, but it came out as a success and has gained a large cult of fans ever since.
The Story Idea came from a man named Chris Sanders who would later go on to "Dreamworks" to create "How to Train you Dragon" and "The Croods". Most of the setting takes place in modern day Hawaii and it incorporates many of the unique cultural aspects regarding the setting. I also like how it's set in a Modern day. It's actually sort of refreshing to see Disney to try and step out of their usual Fairytale comfort zone and try something different. The thing everyone seems to praise over and over again is how great the story between the two sisters works. It's actually handled almost realistically and they do a great job in showing the pain of the tragic situation they both have to face. There's also the plot about the aliens and while some parts can sidetrack the movie a little bit, I do think they still work and the flow in decently with the main plot.
The Characters are enjoyable as well as given loads of personality. Lilo is young and very sweet but she's also very troubled and it's great how well they handled her immatureness without being to cringy. Nani is very simpatic and you really do feel her love for her sister and the stress she goes through to becoming a parent. Stitch is adorable and his character works well with the two sisters. Not to mention that he can be a real funny thanks to Chris Sanders voice work. Cobra Bubbles is quite the tough guy. I like how he keeps his strong face with dealing on Nani's problems while also showing sympathy for the tragic situation. The side aliens can get a laugh every now and then and all the other characters can have their moments of shining. Whether big or small role all the characters have a great amount of time dedicated to making them interesting.
The Animation is colorful and pretty to look at. The backgrounds are painted with watercolor to get more of a tropical soft feeling which helps bring out the beauty of Hawaii's atmosphere. The characters designs on the aliens are very creative and the human designs do have more of a chubby look with their round noses. It was also really cool to see some common modern day objects such as cars to be in an animated Disney film.
The Music embraces the feeling of being in Hawaii while also incorporating some songs by Elvis Presley. The original songs are great especially "Hawaiian Coaster Ride" which I find very joyful and a great way of capturing the feeling of surfing in Hawaii. The Elvis songs do help give the movie an identity and they use it as a means of knowing Lilo's Character.
It has been a while since the Disney Renaissance since they made another classic. A lot of the other Disney films around the time weren't turning up as good as people wanted to them to be but this movie proved to be the rare exception. With a heartfelt story, Fun Characters, Beautiful animation and some very lovely music this is a movie that should never be left behind or forgotten. (A)
August 26, 2017
It's such a heartwarming story! How can you not love it!
½ August 7, 2017
This has to be verging on classic by now
½ August 4, 2017
Would've been a 10/10 if it had been entirely about Lilo and her sister Nani. Not to say I hate Stitch per se, but it feels like a distraction from a truly great story.
August 3, 2017
|It's a 7,3 out of 10|
July 28, 2017
This Air Bud movie was so weird? I mean i feel like the writers really captured North Korea perfectly with this film however it does not make up for the weird incest at the end of the credits...also Elvis sucks so yeah you know. Ice cream cone guy was obviously a figure of god that was ever omnipresent within the construct of the story. This film was made in the post-9/11 mindset with some scenes heavily mirroring the twin towers.. this movie is for Nigerian son pluqueelaye was mortified and constipated.
July 15, 2017
An enjoyable Disney. Not at all as you expect it to be. In fact, I avoided this one due to the belief that it would not be my thing.
It seems I was wrong and i found that I really enjoyed myself. The humour is very silly and delivered brilliantly, visual gags and comic lines alike. It's also a nice story but it's the characters that make it.
A final point to note... the soundtrack is awesome!
½ June 24, 2017
My favorite Disney movie because of Stitch.
½ June 18, 2017
Fresh and rainbowy as a midday Hawaiian sun shower.