Lilo & Stitch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lilo & Stitch Reviews

September 18, 2017
a different Disney film that had a kinda real feel to it
September 10, 2017
10 out of 10:

With colorful animation, funny humor, and an important lesson about family, Lilo and Stitch marks a modern landmark in Disney history.
½ August 27, 2017
Lilo and Stitch (2002) - tackles a great deal of thought provoking themes while also being a cute and endearing movie for all. The movie came out during a period where Disney was struggling to adapt to the modern changes coming from the rise of CGI films, but it came out as a success and has gained a large cult of fans ever since.
The Story Idea came from a man named Chris Sanders who would later go on to "Dreamworks" to create "How to Train you Dragon" and "The Croods". Most of the setting takes place in modern day Hawaii and it incorporates many of the unique cultural aspects regarding the setting. I also like how it's set in a Modern day. It's actually sort of refreshing to see Disney to try and step out of their usual Fairytale comfort zone and try something different. The thing everyone seems to praise over and over again is how great the story between the two sisters works. It's actually handled almost realistically and they do a great job in showing the pain of the tragic situation they both have to face. There's also the plot about the aliens and while some parts can sidetrack the movie a little bit, I do think they still work and the flow in decently with the main plot.
The Characters are enjoyable as well as given loads of personality. Lilo is young and very sweet but she's also very troubled and it's great how well they handled her immatureness without being to cringy. Nani is very simpatic and you really do feel her love for her sister and the stress she goes through to becoming a parent. Stitch is adorable and his character works well with the two sisters. Not to mention that he can be a real funny thanks to Chris Sanders voice work. Cobra Bubbles is quite the tough guy. I like how he keeps his strong face with dealing on Nani's problems while also showing sympathy for the tragic situation. The side aliens can get a laugh every now and then and all the other characters can have their moments of shining. Whether big or small role all the characters have a great amount of time dedicated to making them interesting.
The Animation is colorful and pretty to look at. The backgrounds are painted with watercolor to get more of a tropical soft feeling which helps bring out the beauty of Hawaii's atmosphere. The characters designs on the aliens are very creative and the human designs do have more of a chubby look with their round noses. It was also really cool to see some common modern day objects such as cars to be in an animated Disney film.
The Music embraces the feeling of being in Hawaii while also incorporating some songs by Elvis Presley. The original songs are great especially "Hawaiian Coaster Ride" which I find very joyful and a great way of capturing the feeling of surfing in Hawaii. The Elvis songs do help give the movie an identity and they use it as a means of knowing Lilo's Character.
It has been a while since the Disney Renaissance since they made another classic. A lot of the other Disney films around the time weren't turning up as good as people wanted to them to be but this movie proved to be the rare exception. With a heartfelt story, Fun Characters, Beautiful animation and some very lovely music this is a movie that should never be left behind or forgotten. (A)
August 26, 2017
It's such a heartwarming story! How can you not love it!
½ August 7, 2017
This has to be verging on classic by now
½ August 4, 2017
Would've been a 10/10 if it had been entirely about Lilo and her sister Nani. Not to say I hate Stitch per se, but it feels like a distraction from a truly great story.
August 3, 2017
|It's a 7,3 out of 10|
July 28, 2017
This Air Bud movie was so weird? I mean i feel like the writers really captured North Korea perfectly with this film however it does not make up for the weird incest at the end of the credits...also Elvis sucks so yeah you know. Ice cream cone guy was obviously a figure of god that was ever omnipresent within the construct of the story. This film was made in the post-9/11 mindset with some scenes heavily mirroring the twin towers.. this movie is for kids....my Nigerian son pluqueelaye was mortified and constipated.
July 15, 2017
An enjoyable Disney. Not at all as you expect it to be. In fact, I avoided this one due to the belief that it would not be my thing.
It seems I was wrong and i found that I really enjoyed myself. The humour is very silly and delivered brilliantly, visual gags and comic lines alike. It's also a nice story but it's the characters that make it.
A final point to note... the soundtrack is awesome!
½ June 24, 2017
My favorite Disney movie because of Stitch.
½ June 18, 2017
Fresh and rainbowy as a midday Hawaiian sun shower.
June 16, 2017
Surfs up see this funny movie that takes place in Hawaii and the scenery looked good as well as the animation. I found it a bit funny
June 12, 2017
I really love this movie! The strongest suit of this film has to be the relationship between Lilo and her older sister Nani. You can tell this is what carries the emotions of this movie, and it delivers a good message about family. I do feel like the alien stuff is targeted for the younger audience, and there could have been a little less focus on that element, but I don't mind it so much to the point where it detracts from my overall viewing experience. I still love Lilo & Stitch regardless.
½ June 1, 2017
A fun-hearted film that delivers a good message about family...not bad for an alien-experiment centric film.
½ May 27, 2017
Lilo And Stitch does have a lot to offer with an emotional story, Great animation and characters that are either well developed or funny.
However, the tone doesn't know if it wants to be a cute family comedy or a serious drama, also resulting in characters that don't get as much screen time as they should.
I can easily make three recommendations:
1.Sci-Fi fans.
2.People who love the islands(Hawaii or Guam, your pick.)
3.Disney fans.
Story:6|10
Animation:10|10
Characters:7|10
Overall:7.2|10
½ May 22, 2017
This movie is amazing and it had an amazing plot to it and it is also pretty funny whoever had the idea to make this was awesome because the movie is full of creativity
May 16, 2017
Lilo & Stitch has weaker dialogue despite a couple of instantly recognizable lines and its pacing is all over the place as the beginning is overly extended and the ending is rushed. However, this is still one of Disney's best 2000s efforts owing to very good characterization with interesting and different main characters than usual, fun sci-fi elements, pleasing watercolor animation, good score and a heartfelt, well explored family drama.
May 12, 2017
A great movie for the whole ohana
½ May 9, 2017
Not your typical Disney and better for it
½ May 6, 2017
The otherwise great story may be a little disjointed and unfocused at times, but the relationship between the two sisters in the movie is extremely engaging and may even leave a tear in your eye, the rest of the characters are a lot of fun to watch, and the animation is the absolute most beautiful and respectful representation of Hawaii ever displayed on film. Undoubtedly one of Disney's greatest products from the 2000s.