Lilo & Stitch Reviews

• Jan 07, 2021

LOVED. A great movie. Stitch is one of my favorite Disney characters.

LOVED. A great movie. Stitch is one of my favorite Disney characters.

• Jan 03, 2021

There is nothing to hate and everything to love about this charming and honest masterpiece. P.S. Bring some tissues because you are going to cry, I guarantee it.

• Dec 24, 2020

A completely serviceable family film with a nice subtext, but honestly nothing that special

• Nov 25, 2020

One of my favorite childhood movie of all time.

One of my favorite childhood movie of all time.

• Nov 21, 2020

Funny enough to qualify as a comedy, but also absorbing enough to work on a dramatic level, Lilo and Stitch is a Disney classic.

• Oct 26, 2020

This is Disney at it's best. Honestly "Lilo & Stitch" tells the touching story of a lonely little Hawaiian girl, named Lilo, who meets and befriends Stitch, an escaped refugee alien who poses as a dog at the pound. I wasn't expecting much when it first came out, not being to interested in it. Well, after seeing it at the theater, I can now say it is Disney's best film. Ever. It's better than classics like "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Little Mermaid," both of which I adore. Many will not feel the same way as I do but I thought "Lilo & Stitch" was one of Disney's most inventive and involving scripts with fleshed-out and well-written characters. We are set in Hawaii, a tropical background that gives the movie a great feel. Setting it in Kansas, as originally planned, would not have had the same effect. The animation is simply beautiful, with pink fluffy clouds and wonderfully drawn characters. However, it's the story that "Lilo & Stitch" tells, along with many other great elements, that makes this film so outstanding. Not only is the film very funny (in fact, it's hilarious!) with pure moments of comic genius that can appeal to older audiences as well as kids, it's one of the most touching films I have ever seen. The whole middle of the movie is one that gives us spectacular scenes in a row that move me to tears each time. ***SKIP THIS NEXT PARAGRAPH, TO AVOID MILD SPOILERS*** I don't wanna say too much, but Nani's fight for custody of Lilo, tossed in with Stitch's touching character arc and search for the one place he does belong, and Lilo's loneliness, and a broken family, and cherished and beloved friendship with Stitch make this movie a surprisingly heartwarming and touching feature. One of the film's strengths is that it can be, at times, so sad. ***END SPOILERS*** The direction is solid, as is the animation. The water, and backdrop of Hawaii is desirable. The characters are developed, unlike most Disney classics, and lovable. You can identify with these characters and feel for them, and yes, Stitch does qualify in that category. His battered emotions, as well as the also adorable Lilo, are part of what makes this film so moving. This is an original, funny, and extremely heartwarming film that I highly recommend to families. "Lilo & Stitch" was wonderful characters that I instantly fell in love with. More captivating than previous, sub-par Disney releases such as "Hercules," "Hunchback of Notre Dame," or "Tarzan," this movie makes me laugh, cry, and moves me immensely. While it didn't break any new ground or anything, it thankfully returned audiences back to Disney's roots in terms of quality.

• Oct 09, 2020

The best film of the Disney slump period of the early 2000s, and one of Disney's best, period. A sci-fi comedy with a lot of heart.

• Sep 27, 2020

I love this movie and everything about it.

I love this movie and everything about it.

• Sep 08, 2020

Beautiful movie and message!

Beautiful movie and message!

• Sep 08, 2020

It's fresh and funny. Stitch is adorable, but Nani's character arc really steals the show.