Limitless - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Limitless Reviews

October 9, 2016
Bradley Cooper successfully manages to portray an highly sympathetic lead character, also helped by a dazzling script.
All in all, Limitless is a satisfying drama enlighted by the charisma of its cast.
September 24, 2016
Bradley Cooper impresses in Limitless. His character is both convincing and compelling. I'm not sure of the implications made about drugs in this film, but I do believe that Limitless provides interesting commentary about the potential of the human brain. What if we could use the entirety of it? Would we even want to know that much? Regardless, Limitless is a much watch for any Sci-Fi/Thriller fans.
September 8, 2016
One of the best sci-fi films I've ever seen. Every actor in this film played their role perfectly. A must see.
September 5, 2016
One of the most boring movies I've ever seen. I honestly wish I had that time back
August 26, 2016
The actors do a good job but some plot holes are too obvious to be ignored.
½ August 21, 2016
Outstanding direction from Neil Burger. It's stylish and unique, and I completely agree with the consensus. He shows that he's a director to watch out for. I love how it's gray and more dark when Eddie's off the pill, and more bright and colorful when he's on the pill. Bradley Cooper obviously gives an outstanding performance, but it was interesting to see him play a different character. The score is also excellent. There are some problems though. It's a little long, and once Eddie starts the stocks, it gets very messy the rest of the movie. There are three different storylines going on, and they're all used as a drive for the movie. That's due to the writing. Leslie Dixon was the wrong choice, especially when she's never done this genre before. The book already had too much going on, then Leslie Dixon added things and made it more messy than it would have already been. I found Robert De Niro's character annoying, and honestly, his performance wasn't as good as one would expect. But Neil Burger and Bradley Cooper really helped it not be as bad, and still worth watching. The unrated extended cut isn't different enough to be worth watching, it's just the R rated version/cut with more violence and swearing. But if you buy the movie, I'd still recommend getting the copy that has that cut because you will also get special features, unlike the one with only the theatrical cut.
August 19, 2016
I really like the premise and idea that this film was going for, but in the end it's a movie with an uneven script as well as pacing that doesn't fit as well as it should. Bradley Cooper still managed to give a great performance, but I think they could've done more with this one.
July 27, 2016
In short, Limitless is a brilliant thriller, with good direction, thought provoking themes and a great leading performance from Bradley Cooper.
July 15, 2016
I saw this with some one from my past. Good enough film that I'm watching it agains years later ??
June 1, 2016
Overused cinematography.
½ May 8, 2016
Above average flick about a miracle drug that turns a struggling writer into a super genius and the pros and cons that come with it.
May 5, 2016
Penso di amare tutto di questo film: la colonna sonora, la regia, gli effetti speciali, la performance degli attori, soprattutto quella del protagonista, interpretato da Bradley Cooper e quella di Robert De Niro.
La trama davvero avvincente, grazie alla quale non si riesce a staccare un attimo gli occhi dallo schermo per non perdere nessun dettaglio.
Che cosa sarebbe disposta la gente per fare in modo di essere la versione migliore di loro stessi, non facendo un minimo sforzo? Ecco la risposta a questa domanda, riassunta in un film di due ore circa.
April 13, 2016
Wow! Totally awesome movie with a brilliant terrific plot! Rarely do I give a movie a perfect five out of five stars but this movie gets it! It's everything "Lucy" wanted to be but failed miserably! Limitless is an awesome thrill ride with a star studded line up all the way down to the Russian Thug played by Andrew Howard! Brilliant!
April 11, 2016
The premise now had a clear shot to go where no movie had been able to take us before, instead of the multi-million dollar financial mogul we had seen before in movies like Wall Street. Eddie Morra could have become a new Steven Hawking, or cured cancer or invent a time machine. Limitless IS a really good flick in my oppinion with a premise that made me inspired of becoming the "enhanced Adam":P But as I said, it could have gone beyond the limit.
March 31, 2016
Surprised I liked the film.
½ March 27, 2016
Clever. That's the best way for me to describe this. Didn't have to go far out on the suspension-of-disbelief ladder. Great cast, script and acting. I can easily watch this flick every once-in-a-while and fully enjoy it.
½ March 26, 2016
A good film, Very different though, Strays away from things too easy and allot of the story just goes straight over your head, A nice idea but could of been allot better and used in smarter ways.
March 26, 2016
"Limitless" oozes with energy, both a pro and a con for me: it's really vivid although not in the aesthetically satisfactory way that an Edgar Wright film (eg Scott Pilgrim) is vivid. Cooper is agreeable but far from great and is backed up by a rather unremarkable supporting cast including Bob De Niro, who seems rather bored in a smaller part than the poster would indicate. Still there's plenty of solid action and both the strong main idea and the visual fervor keep things comfortably above par.
½ March 25, 2016
Limitless doesn't exactly live up to its title in terms of narrative, but it's a pretty fun time as a whole. The story here is pretty familiar, with plot points shared by and used in a more inventive manner in numerous other movies, but it's almost always entertaining. It certainly helps that Bradley Cooper brings his usual sense of charm and charisma to the lead role. The likes of Abbie Cornish and Robert de Niro are horribly wasted, but Cooper does a good job of holding the film on his shoulders. Limitless is also really visually pleasing: it's not particularly subtle, but the way the colors become more saturated when Cooper's Eddie Morra takes the mysterious drug is well done and adds some nice flair to the movie. It's not an intelligent mindbender like you might expect, but as an action thriller, it's a commendable effort that's perfect for sitting back and enjoying for 105 minutes.