Limitless - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Limitless Reviews

September 25, 2017
one of the best movies of 2011
September 8, 2017
Watching this, I'm thinking to myself "What a great movie so far.". By the time the first quarter has ended, it feels like the second quarter of the film has jumped back into the first, and when you get to the ending - in which not much of a plot to get to - it speeds things further into the future ending it so suddenly.
August 25, 2017
The story had great potential, but the movie lost momentum halfway through and became a big disappointment. An interesting plot that had endless possibilities ultimately became a typical drug movie about withdrawal and getting mixed up with the "wrong crowd." The TV show was actually better.
August 20, 2017
Clever, suspenseful, yet somewhat forgetful.
August 9, 2017
it was ok, different, hubby liked it
August 6, 2017
Really enjoyed this film. Great concept, very well acted by all concerned..especially Cooper. Loved the subtle visual switches when he is 'under the influence'...any more and I think it would feel like the filmmakers were trying too hard. The mix was just right. Nice twist/question/open ender as the film concluded too. Definitely worth a watch!
½ July 25, 2017
I guess some people like this film, that's fine. It does have decent performances and production values. But it commits a movie sin that is hard to get around: no character is relatable. Our 'hero' is a flake who turns into a drug addict and then a politician. Sure I am rooting for him...to die already so we can get on with a story.
I give this a 1 1/2 star simply for one scene: the hero's girlfriend takes a pill in the second act and 'thinks' her way out of the situation. This scene alone is worth the price of admission. Brilliantly written, filmed and edited. Unfortunately, it comes so late in the movie that it's almost impossible to care. The rest of the film is over-shadowed by this singular scene...
I rented this dvd to watch after I read the reviews for Lucy, another film with a similar plot. However with Limitless, I found myself incredibly bored from the beginning and had to pause it, and do something else. I went back again to try and finish it again...and again...and again. I did my best to not watch it on fast forward, which is the death knell for movies that I rent or stream. It took every bit of my 24 hour rental to get through this thing. I can't say I speak for everyone, but a movie experience should be a fun occasion, not a struggling ordeal.
Watch Lucy instead. That is another flawed film but it succeeds where Limitless fails: Lucy is at the very least funny, unintentionally so. I laughed my ass off watching Lucy, but Limitless gave my eyes a workout...they were either constantly rolling or watching the clock hoping it would all be over soon.
June 11, 2017
Brilliant! I loved it
½ May 31, 2017
Limitless is a good movie that feels like it could have been a great movie. It under-utilizes its premise and the third act feels more sloppy than compelling.
½ May 20, 2017
The ambitions of a being
May 20, 2017
A) Why is he painted in a positive light when he accomplished nothing?
B) If the possibilities of what he could achieve with the drug were limitless, why didn't he just learn the chemical make-up and make his own so the situation never escalated? Clearly he wasn't that smart.
May 1, 2017
cool movie... but i left the theatre thinkin' it couldve been better
April 6, 2017
Great television, very original and fun. The humor approach and creative directing helps one to easily overlook the plot holes. I would love to see a season two.
½ March 23, 2017
Bit lacking in imagination and just sort of fizzles out.
½ March 6, 2017
Fascinating story and thrilling film. It took me a while to watch it because i had some many unseen films to catch up on but boy was i happy to watch this one. Very good story, great acting, plenty of action and food for thoughts throughout the film. Definitely a must see. Hooray
½ February 19, 2017
This is a real uptourmovie, as it has relations to reality in ways most does not know about, mostly because people abuse possibiilities and drungs and so lock down for exploring their absoloute poetential..
½ February 17, 2017
Awful crap for teenagers, in the same league as Divergent and Hunger Games.

Even De Niro can't save this...

1.5/5
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 15, 2017
Another Sci-Fi, and another success from my point of view so all is good in the Leonard mind right now. When Bradley Cooper gets writers block and sees his life spiralling out of control in a matter of minutes, he takes up a long lost acquaintances offer of a new drug that will allow him access to utilise 100% of his brain - I mean what could go wrong right? At first, it appears unbelievable as within seconds he is displaying knowledge and reactions he never new he had, allowing him to not only complete his book, but advance his career to the highest level, making millions in minutes. The only catch is that this is only as good as his last drug, so when he's ran out, it's game over - Not only will he lose his incredible thought process, but there's a fair chance he'll lose his life too given the unstable side effects of this new pill. Can he ensure a lifetime supply of happiness, or will it be a case of rags to riches, and riches to RIP? Only time would tell, and the development is quite an enjoyable journey. Wasn't really what I was expecting, but what I got was much better so what a bonus. For me the ending didn't answer all the questions posed, as we're left second guessing how things would ultimately pan out, and as that's the main question on everyone's lips, that's a tad disappointing. It's moderately action packed, avoids being predictable, and is of course well acted throughout so is more than recommendable to those seeking a good old thriller. It won't blow you away, but won't leave you short either. It's also not the greatest message to be putting out there in today's society, by suggesting that some drugs can bring you the ultimate success. Therefore, if there's any youngsters reading this, SAY NO TO DRUGS kids, and don't believe what you see here!
January 2, 2017
This is a PERFECT movie... to watch on cable... with commercial interruptions. I seriously cannot imagine enjoying this film any other way.