Limitless - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Limitless Reviews

April 23, 2018
Ohne Limit (Du nimmst keine Drogen aber bei dieser im Film dargestellten Droge würdest du garantiert darüber nachdenken. Neil Burger der Regisseur hat sich mit diesem Drogen-Film unsterblich gemacht)
April 17, 2018
Limitless takes you for a mind trip with Bradley Cooper and you get hooked right away! A smart and entertaining thriller!
April 10, 2018
great concept. great acting. very good screen play
½ March 26, 2018
Although the movie had a creative premise, the execution was less than stellar. Bradley Cooper plays an uninspiring main character driven by greed and ego, and the multiple action scenes are unnecessarily vicious and predictable. The movie concludes with a scene which resolves nothing and suggests a sequel is in the works.
½ March 23, 2018
nice idea poor story
½ February 27, 2018
This film is complete nonsense and if you can suspend disbelief...is actually a pretty entertaining, if deeply hollow film.

Unfortunately there is no ending...if he woke up from a coma or was in a future like the Matrix it could have worked.
February 24, 2018
Very enjoyable film, sort of X-Files meets Wall Street. Fast paced and action packed.
Of course, if you were a killjoy, you might ask yourself why this cognitively enhanced, super switched on guy doesn't seem to devote much of his energies trying to find out where the next stash of NZT is coming from. He seems to go through the whole film running out of the thing. Or why he can't seem to free himself from the clutches of the Russian loan shark. I'm almost tempted to rename it Limited. 3 stars
½ February 15, 2018
Interesting concept (wish my mind was that focused). But Bradley Cooper's character is the hero of the story, but doesn't come off as one. He never gets his comeuppance or faces any real consequence for his actions (SPOILER - I think it's likely he murdered a woman, but he can't remember). He's kind of a creepy jerk. The drug might have opened up his mind, but it didn't help his judgment.
½ February 14, 2018
Although there are some clever moments here and there, and Bradley Cooper always is enjoyable, the plot is coon goofy at times. characters are dropped in an instant, and we're left with a totally unsatisfactory ending (really? The drug dealer is the climatic bad guy??)
January 27, 2018
I admit this is more like 3 to 3 and a half star on my standard, but Bradley Cooper. Yes, I'm biased.
½ December 5, 2017
interesting movie. fun and exciting. has its flaws but is overall entertaining. lots of cool uses of camera distortion. there is a lot to like in this movie (2 viewings)
November 1, 2017
Movie about a drug that makes you infinitely smarter than normal. I enjoyed the story. Bradley Cooper was okay sort of. Not a fan. The movie could have been done smarter but of course the producers didn't have an IQ drug like the character did. Enjoyed it though.
September 25, 2017
one of the best movies of 2011
September 8, 2017
Watching this, I'm thinking to myself "What a great movie so far.". By the time the first quarter has ended, it feels like the second quarter of the film has jumped back into the first, and when you get to the ending - in which not much of a plot to get to - it speeds things further into the future ending it so suddenly.
August 25, 2017
The story had great potential, but the movie lost momentum halfway through and became a big disappointment. An interesting plot that had endless possibilities ultimately became a typical drug movie about withdrawal and getting mixed up with the "wrong crowd." The TV show was actually better.
August 20, 2017
Clever, suspenseful, yet somewhat forgetful.
August 9, 2017
it was ok, different, hubby liked it
August 6, 2017
Really enjoyed this film. Great concept, very well acted by all concerned..especially Cooper. Loved the subtle visual switches when he is 'under the influence'...any more and I think it would feel like the filmmakers were trying too hard. The mix was just right. Nice twist/question/open ender as the film concluded too. Definitely worth a watch!
½ July 25, 2017
I guess some people like this film, that's fine. It does have decent performances and production values. But it commits a movie sin that is hard to get around: no character is relatable. Our 'hero' is a flake who turns into a drug addict and then a politician. Sure I am rooting for him...to die already so we can get on with a story.
I give this a 1 1/2 star simply for one scene: the hero's girlfriend takes a pill in the second act and 'thinks' her way out of the situation. This scene alone is worth the price of admission. Brilliantly written, filmed and edited. Unfortunately, it comes so late in the movie that it's almost impossible to care. The rest of the film is over-shadowed by this singular scene...
I rented this dvd to watch after I read the reviews for Lucy, another film with a similar plot. However with Limitless, I found myself incredibly bored from the beginning and had to pause it, and do something else. I went back again to try and finish it again...and again...and again. I did my best to not watch it on fast forward, which is the death knell for movies that I rent or stream. It took every bit of my 24 hour rental to get through this thing. I can't say I speak for everyone, but a movie experience should be a fun occasion, not a struggling ordeal.
Watch Lucy instead. That is another flawed film but it succeeds where Limitless fails: Lucy is at the very least funny, unintentionally so. I laughed my ass off watching Lucy, but Limitless gave my eyes a workout...they were either constantly rolling or watching the clock hoping it would all be over soon.
June 11, 2017