Limitless - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Limitless Reviews

½ January 15, 2017
Another Sci-Fi, and another success from my point of view so all is good in the Leonard mind right now. When Bradley Cooper gets writers block and sees his life spiralling out of control in a matter of minutes, he takes up a long lost acquaintances offer of a new drug that will allow him access to utilise 100% of his brain - I mean what could go wrong right? At first, it appears unbelievable as within seconds he is displaying knowledge and reactions he never new he had, allowing him to not only complete his book, but advance his career to the highest level, making millions in minutes. The only catch is that this is only as good as his last drug, so when he's ran out, it's game over - Not only will he lose his incredible thought process, but there's a fair chance he'll lose his life too given the unstable side effects of this new pill. Can he ensure a lifetime supply of happiness, or will it be a case of rags to riches, and riches to RIP? Only time would tell, and the development is quite an enjoyable journey. Wasn't really what I was expecting, but what I got was much better so what a bonus. For me the ending didn't answer all the questions posed, as we're left second guessing how things would ultimately pan out, and as that's the main question on everyone's lips, that's a tad disappointing. It's moderately action packed, avoids being predictable, and is of course well acted throughout so is more than recommendable to those seeking a good old thriller. It won't blow you away, but won't leave you short either. It's also not the greatest message to be putting out there in today's society, by suggesting that some drugs can bring you the ultimate success. Therefore, if there's any youngsters reading this, SAY NO TO DRUGS kids, and don't believe what you see here!
January 2, 2017
This is a PERFECT movie... to watch on cable... with commercial interruptions. I seriously cannot imagine enjoying this film any other way.
December 27, 2016
What if a pill could activate more of the marbles in your head? Is there anyone over 16 who doesn't understand the concept of Ying and yang? Anything earned from other than hard work has a cost must higher than readily perceived. It is exciting and dramatic with an unusual ending, just remember tht is not how it happens in real life.
December 16, 2016
An entertaining movie that you easily forget after seeing and whose curious premise runs out of steam too quickly, but this is compensated at least by a charming and charismatic Bradley Cooper who keeps you interested long after you had stopped caring about the story.
December 13, 2016
Don't you love movies that make you feel like you're reading a book? Coulda been better. But much better than what I expected.
½ December 6, 2016
What seems like a pretty obvious plot-line to me turned out to be a very well told and visually creative movie that kept my attention. It certainly made me want to be limitless.
December 4, 2016
The easy way out, the american way, take a pill and you will be insanely smart for a period. Climbing to the top of the chain, ignoring the depth and talent it takes. You may be able to cheat your way to the top, but you cant cheat a movie into a good one.
December 3, 2016
You people leaving negative comments are simply crazy..this movie is DOPE as fack. Piss off, pretentious turds. FIVE STARS.
½ November 6, 2016
Eddie Morra (Bradley Cooper) es un escritor viviendo un momento de gran frustración, cuando un antiguo amigo le muestra los poderes de una droga llamada NZT que permite alcanzar el potencial máximo del cerebro. Las destrezas de Morra en todos los campos se dispararán volviéndose un genio de Wall Street y llamando la atención de magnates como Carl Van Loon (Robert De NIro) quien quiere contar con el talento del nuevo genio. La droga encierra impredecibles consecuencias, indeseadas, que podrían ir en contra de los deseos de Eddie. Recomendable!!
October 9, 2016
Bradley Cooper successfully manages to portray an highly sympathetic lead character, also helped by a dazzling script.
All in all, Limitless is a satisfying drama enlighted by the charisma of its cast.
September 24, 2016
Bradley Cooper impresses in Limitless. His character is both convincing and compelling. I'm not sure of the implications made about drugs in this film, but I do believe that Limitless provides interesting commentary about the potential of the human brain. What if we could use the entirety of it? Would we even want to know that much? Regardless, Limitless is a much watch for any Sci-Fi/Thriller fans.
September 8, 2016
One of the best sci-fi films I've ever seen. Every actor in this film played their role perfectly. A must see.
September 5, 2016
One of the most boring movies I've ever seen. I honestly wish I had that time back
August 26, 2016
The actors do a good job but some plot holes are too obvious to be ignored.
½ August 21, 2016
Outstanding direction from Neil Burger. It's stylish and unique, and I completely agree with the consensus. He shows that he's a director to watch out for. I love how it's gray and more dark when Eddie's off the pill, and more bright and colorful when he's on the pill. Bradley Cooper obviously gives an outstanding performance, but it was interesting to see him play a different character. The score is also excellent. There are some problems though. It's a little long, and once Eddie starts the stocks, it gets very messy the rest of the movie. There are three different storylines going on, and they're all used as a drive for the movie. That's due to the writing. Leslie Dixon was the wrong choice, especially when she's never done this genre before. The book already had too much going on, then Leslie Dixon added things and made it more messy than it would have already been. I found Robert De Niro's character annoying, and honestly, his performance wasn't as good as one would expect. But Neil Burger and Bradley Cooper really helped it not be as bad, and still worth watching. The unrated extended cut isn't different enough to be worth watching, it's just the R rated version/cut with more violence and swearing. But if you buy the movie, I'd still recommend getting the copy that has that cut because you will also get special features, unlike the one with only the theatrical cut.
August 19, 2016
I really like the premise and idea that this film was going for, but in the end it's a movie with an uneven script as well as pacing that doesn't fit as well as it should. Bradley Cooper still managed to give a great performance, but I think they could've done more with this one.
July 27, 2016
****
In short, Limitless is a brilliant thriller, with good direction, thought provoking themes and a great leading performance from Bradley Cooper.
July 15, 2016
I saw this with some one from my past. Good enough film that I'm watching it agains years later ??
June 1, 2016