Little Red Wagon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Red Wagon Reviews

July 9, 2013
The melodrama is blown way out of proportion here, but I kind of expected that because I've seen several movies like this before. Despite that, it's a touching and entertaining film and I liked it more than I expected to. The acting is nowhere near as atrocious as some of the other inspirational films I've watched recently.
April 23, 2013
Even the cheesiest inspirational flicks have to be populated with characters who have something at stake. Conflict is the heart of good storytelling, and "Little Red Wagon" is conflict-free to the point of catatonia.
½ September 16, 2013
Wonderful heart-warming family movie that certainly gives you hope towards humanity and caring for one another based on a true story. A must see!
½ April 23, 2014
The homeless don't get a day off.

A little boy in Tennessee is taken back by the number of homeless families and children he sees in his city. He takes up an effort to walk around the neighborhood and collect donations to make care packages for the homeless. He then starts writing letters to major companies until Build-a-Bear finally responds. The boy's efforts begin getting recognized and he ultimately becomes the youngest boy to lead a non-profit organization.

"So far sixteen people are dead."

David Anspaugh, director of Hoosiers, Rudy, WiseGirls, Moonlight and Valentino, The Game of their Lives, Fresh Horses, and Two against Time, delivers Little Red Wagon. The storyline for this picture is above average and has a great sister-brother dynamic. The primary premise was good and the subplot of the homeless family was also very interesting. The acting as solid and the cast includes Chandler Canterbury, Anna Gunn, Frances O'Connor, Deena Dill, Dylan Matzke, and Daveigh Chase.

"Nice work, chick magnet."

The Little Red Wagon is a movie I decided to sit down and watch with my daughter. She definitely enjoyed portions of this movie, especially the walking scenes with the boy; but overall, this was just an above average family drama. I recommend watching this once but I wouldn't add it to my DVD collection.

"He makes me feel special."

Grade: B-
½ January 11, 2013
Very "after school special" like, and the characters aren't that great but the message is good. I wanted to punch the teenage daughter.