Lockout - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lockout Reviews

May 8, 2018
Lockout with Guy Pearce is a really annoying and uninspiring action film!
½ March 27, 2018
A movie so stupid and simple, and yet so hard to resist.
February 16, 2018
Guy Pearce pretending to be Hugh Jackman pretending to be something kinda like Deadpool. It's hilarious. He should get to do way more action movies. His arms are L.A.R.G.E.
January 22, 2018
Cheesy fun, total rip off of escape from New York/LA. Loved it!!
August 27, 2017
Absolutely a rainy day movie when nothing else is on. Joseph Gilgun is worth watching.$7.50
June 18, 2017
Lockout gira em torno de um argumento mal acabado por parte dos roteiristas. O filme não da liga, e falta muita coisa para ser intelectualmente aceitável, o motivo inicial chama muito a atenção e provoca uma grande expectativa, mas a seguir tudo começa a emperrar com cenas de ação preguiçosas e mal dirigidas, acabamento grosseiro e falta de detalhes, a direção é omissa e distante e demonstra uma grande falta de talento ou imaginação criativa.
April 9, 2017
This was a cool, violent, fast paced, futuristic action movie set in a space prison, but definitely could have been better.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 21, 2017
You can watch the first 4 minutes of this move and you will know if you are going to love the move or hate it. Over top dialogue and flashy CGi will either suck you in or make you laugh at the movie.

But wasn't that what Kurt Russell was in Escape from NY? I also enjoyed Guy Pierce's acting and was surprised by his character, especially being so different from my other memories of him. (Memento and LA Confidential). With almost all action movies these days, you have a certain level of acceptance from the audience in plausibility.

For me, this light humor action movie took me in and I enjoyed the Indiana wise crack remarks with FU personality of Snake Plisskin. Escape from NY fans, how can you over look that Kurt Russel name is Snake Plisssssskin! Same with Guy Pierce and Snow! You can enjoy or just walk away.

At least after the opening scene you will know where you stand.
January 5, 2017
The ending was really weird and the effects at the beginning was bad. Overall its not a bad movie but it could've been better.
December 18, 2016
Guy Pierce plays a sarcastic and witty character. While this is a somewhat cliche movie, it's fun and entertaining. It was well casted though the effects are, at times, a bit off. The story is solid, the villains are great, the lead actor is extremely well played. If you're expecting depth from an action movie, this isn't the one for you. If you want a good time, give it a try.
July 26, 2016
Guy Pearce is fantastic!!
July 25, 2016
Not reviewing total recall (The 2012 Remake), instead, i am reviewing this,
People don't have to see Lockout.
It's the same as total recall (The 2012 Remake) but less wooden acting.
Lockout is a movie people don't have to watch.
I Like this movie better than Total Recall 2012 because Total Recall 2012 I fell asleep in and just got more boring and more stupid each minute.

Score: 5/10
July 21, 2016
Guy Pearce and Maggie Grace and set in the near future, Lockout follows a falsely convicted ex-government agent (Pearce), whose one chance at obtaining freedom lies in the dangerous mission of rescuing the President's daughter (Grace) from rioting convicts at an outer space maximum-security prison.
June 29, 2016
This is not supposed to be a good movie. It is supposed to be a fun movie. And Guy Pearce delivers big time as the anti-hero (humor and all) stuck between the bad guys and the government trying to save the hostages. Similar to an 80s action film but upgraded with better visuals, story, and chock full of one-liners. You can't help but caught up in Snow's character and the 95 minutes will fly by.
June 29, 2016
Not bad as it seems for guy pierce but this one marks a outer space adventure with mediocre cast and acting but still enjoyable flick. 3 out of 5
June 29, 2016
Decent fast paced die hard inspired action fest despite a good badass performance from Guy Pearce it is let down by substandard action sequences and special effects that will make you want to rip your eyeballs out (look out for the chase scene near the start of the film)
June 29, 2016
When I saw the trailer for Lockout back in 2012, I thought, "oh, here we go again. Another CGI, messy, violent action movie with one liners and bad acting." Lockout proved a little bit of that to be true, but still exceeded my expectations.

Lockout is a fun movie for a party night or a couple of bros hanging out, but its not one to take your girlfriend to---- unless she can take that kind of stuff!--- and is not for your grandma either. It mixes a smart, but somewhat sluggish script, with a surprisingly well-thought out story line, and gets a solid B Actioner; but this movie thinks too highly of itself for what it is. Sometimes, it caves into itself, overstepping its boundaries, and the product is an adrenaline rush: the bad kind. More like a kid running around after having too much candy. Again, this is only at parts of it. Most of the movie is decent.

As awesome as ever, this movie has Guy Pierce, who has proved his talents as a character actor over and over again. From playing a geeky, by-the-books cop in L.A. Confidential, to an Irish evil-doer who wants to destroy the world in Iron Man 3. Now, he plays a bad-ass, flirty, lets-get-this-over-with man who was wrongfully convicted of Espionage against the U.S. He also needs a shave He's offered his freedom by rescuing the president's daughter from a prison she was visiting that got taken over by the prisoners. Trouble arises when he gets there, obviously, since this is a MOVIE, and nothing is simple and/or seems to go right.

I did, in fact, very much like one of the final scenes where they explained what happened to the whereabouts of the "package" that contained valuable information; the thing that got him arrested in the first place. I'm not gonna spoil it too much, but the way the writers played up the scene and its symbols was very creative. To find out what the hell I'm talking about, you'll have to see the movie (if you haven't already)! Overall, this movie is definitely worth a watch. Oh, and did I mention it takes place in 2079?
June 29, 2016
It was okay. Some of the action was cheesy though.