Logan Lucky Reviews

• 2d ago

Soderbergh catches and keeps my attention from the word go! I found this movie quick, entertaining and fun. Driver always delivers and Craig is like you've never seen him before!

• Sep 11, 2019

Loved it . Very smart heist and lovingly put together . Great cast

Loved it . Very smart heist and lovingly put together . Great cast

• Sep 09, 2019

As to be expected by this director, this movie is well executed with a good script and a prime ensemble of actors, has humor and some suspense, but who needs yet another heist movie?

• Sep 03, 2019

I didn't expect to like this movie, and at first I didn't. It's different than I expected it to be, but it grows on you and I ended up really liking it. Oceans 11 meets O Brother Where Art Thou is the best way I can describe it.

• Aug 31, 2019

I really enjoyed this film and thought that the cast was fantastic - great characters and solid acting. I am surprised it didn't do better in theaters but may have just suffered from poor marketing. It could have been a little more fast-paced, but it is a quirky and fun film to watch!

• Aug 23, 2019

This movie is fantastic. Directed by Steven Soderbergh (dir. Ocean's 11) it's like what would happen if hillbillies pulled a heist. I was a bit worried it was going to be sardonic toward West Virginians but it's very much not, which I loved. It's actually really close to a 5/5 for me, but there is a small issue about who gets the money at the end and how it's divided that it would have definitely been a better movie if they had cleared up that point. But it's great, and if you like Ocean's 11 and West Virginia you should definitely go see it.

• Aug 19, 2019

Blu-ray, 2019/8 I think that the way of changing scenes and how to explain is smart, and the personality of the director has come out.

• Aug 18, 2019

Assured direction from Steven Soderbergh and a couple of standout performances elevate this heist thriller from the rest but, most of the time, it all just feels too familiar. The first half of the movie, in particular, I found to be really bland. I wasn´t invested in the story although I did appreciate the performances and cinematography meaning that there was hope yet. The film gets going when the heist actually starts and the rest of the movie is much more interesting. Still I felt the residue of the lackluster first act and, while it was fun, I didn´t particularly care about any of the characters. I wasn´t emotionally involved. It also borrows heavily from Oceans 11 - so much so that the news once calls the heist "Oceans 7/11". The whole style and presentation of the movie echo the 2001 film and for me it definetly added to the enjoyment. While it does get slower and tedious at times it is still a joy to see Soderbergh back doing a heist thriller and he shows that he is a master of the genre. Its a 3 for me.

• Aug 01, 2019

From director Steven Soderbergh (who also photographed and edited the film under pseudonyms) comes this redneck version of "Oceans 11" which he also directed. Down on their luck brothers Channing Tatum and Adam Driver decide they're going to pull off a heist at a NASCAR event. Like all good heist films, the story revolves around putting together a team of colorful characters, the most colorful of which is a Daniel Craig as an explosives expert named Joe Bang, who the brothers have to bust out of jail to pull off their heist, and as with nearly all heist films, things do not go as according to plan. To share more would ruin the fun of the film, which has less to do with the story and everything to do with the colorful characters and the snappy dialogue. Also appearing in the film are Katie Holmes, an unrecognizable Seth MacFarlane as a hilariously obnoxious NASCAR driver, and Hilary Swank as an FBI agent investigating the heist. There's also a peppy score by David Holmes, who scored all three of Soderbergh's Ocean films. I'm always fascinated by Soderbergh who easily goes between arthouse films like "Sex, Lies, and Videotape" "Kafka" and "King of the Hill" but can also deliver wonderfully entertaining mainstream films like "Magic Mike," "Out of Sight" or "Haywire" (Soderbergh is also for some reason a producer on "Bill & Ted Face the Music"). "Logan Lucky" falls into that later mainstream category, but in all of those mainstream of films Soderbergh brings an intelligence and wit to these formula films and makes them something special, avoiding lazy cliches. Although from the 30 second preview, you may have felt you've seen this picture before, know that Soderbergh is going to give you something different and special.

• Jul 28, 2019

Tomatometer 92%? Are these critics drunk? Or bought? I found it a real crap fest!