Lord of War - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lord of War Reviews

July 12, 2017
If the critics consider that "Critics Consensus: While Lord of War is an intelligent examination of the gun trade, it is too scattershot in its plotting to connect", I would say that if they knew history even on a mediocre level, I am certain they would connect the facts presented by each and every scene, the plot being of high historical accuracy.
April 10, 2017
I'm quite surprised to see this movie with a 61% rating. This is definitely one of my favorite movies of the last couple decades.
January 29, 2017
Very interesting and it shows Nicolas Cage can still delivery a good performance even if his movies lately haven't been well.......good except for this film. B
December 25, 2016
If only this movie had been directed by Quentin Tarantino, just Imagine the possibilities.
December 5, 2016
The last good film from Cage before he went sour. It's a one of a kind story. But somehow, whenever I watch this, there's a depressing feeling about it.
November 25, 2016
not a fan of cage. this is worth watching
½ November 18, 2016
great movie with a great story and good directing. lots of clever dialogue. makes you think about how things work in the world. good characters and some funny parts. reminded me of wardogs a lot (2 viewings)
September 20, 2016
One of the last great performances Nicolas Cage delivered before starting to act in crappy movies. Andrew Niccol is always a great certainty anyway.
August 29, 2016
best film nick cage has stared in since face off
August 16, 2016
This movie wasn't bad.
August 4, 2016
One of the best anti-hero films I have ever seen. Beat "War Dogs" to the punch by eleven years.
½ July 30, 2016
Typically I believe that Cage movies should be assessed in their own category, but given the substantial production value of this movie and the plethora of other stars participating, I will relent and consider this a non-Cage movie. That being said, it is awful. Despite having tons of spectacular Cage-isms like satellite phones, his and his brother's completely un-acted Russian ethnicity, a cover job as an art dealer, a scene where he asks an African prostitute if she has AIDS and perhaps the most ridiculous Cage scene of all in which he repaints the name of a ship in something like 23 seconds, this movie is an absolute abortion. I dare say, poorly acted by Cage; Hawke legitimately seems afraid to be in the film and Jared Leto performs a predictably pathetic and hapless brother to Cage. God bless you, Nicolas Coppola, but he did not bless this film.
July 19, 2016
Very underrated in it's rights, but Jaredo Leto should have been five times better in his performance.
July 18, 2016
Andrew Niccol delivers as he always does.
July 7, 2016
Didn't really think much of it, brillant story and ideas for a great film. The cast has it stars but not right felt fraudulent and at times just ridilicilous.
June 25, 2016
Pretty nifty story - don't know about the casting choices though.
June 20, 2016
I love this one! Funny, cynical, mad, beautiful. Nicolas Cage at his very, very best. The opening title sequence is epic.
½ June 18, 2016
Filme excelente. Não tem ação nenhuma e mesmo assim você não quer desgrudar. Bem pesado....a trilha sonora é fantástica.