Lost In Translation Reviews

• Feb 21, 2020

This is one of the best films I have seen. It's a timeless masterpiece that takes you on the ride of a lifetime.

• Feb 16, 2020

One of my favorite movies of all time! For those who don’t like it, it is because they have low sensitive and humor level or never traveled to an exotic country.

• Feb 15, 2020

This is simply one of my favorite films of all time (I'll try not to be too biased). Not only was it filmed in my favorite country, Japan. But it has an unusual and quirky feel that makes you question what you're watching. A Drama? Maybe. A Romance? Kinda. A comedy? In some parts. A midlife crisis? In one storyline, it could be, and more. But that's why it intrigues me and keeps me coming back to watch at different points in my life. It's essentially 2 people who are lost, emotionally, spiritually and physically. They find themselves in a country where they're unfamiliar and then find comfort in their lost lives, with each other. Something everyone finds themselves to some degree in their life at some point. I think this could be the underlying genius in this film, it's simply about how we as humans are complex, we're always trying to find a purpose, direction or motivation in life. And this is shown marvelously by the older Bill Murray's long term married, slightly comical and slightly sad character Bob Harris. Then On the juxtapositioned, we have a young and newlywed Charlotte played by an extremely young (17) Scarlett Johansson, who is intelligent, witty and recently graduated university, newly married to a man with a well-paid job. And realizes she has no direction whatsoever. Of course, the intelligently written and directed story by Sofia Coppola is intriguing, thought-provoking and deeply interesting. I'd love to ask her if this was based on personal experience or part of her creative mind? Some quotes seem to point to a bit of both, and in my experience, Tokyo can definitely be easy to get lost in. The deeply real and human way the story unfolds is fantastically written, it makes me immersed in their world as if it's a real-life story.

• Feb 14, 2020

Just watch the movie.

Just watch the movie.

• Feb 14, 2020

i have a personal relationship with this movie ! feels like i was in the moment!

• Feb 05, 2020

I’m kind of shocked at how little happens in Lost in Translation. It is a movie where an unlikely pair of people become friends and hang out around Tokyo. They don’t talk much, and it feels like most of their activities are rather uneventful. I tried hard not to be bored, because I know this film has a great reputation. Occasionally Bill Murray would open his mouth and say something funny, or he’d mug for the camera, which helped put some life into the film. But most of the way through the boredom got the best of me. I can say that I was charmed by the personalities of the actors, and I appreciated the less traditional relationship, because typically this would just be a star-crossed lovers’ story (where they fall in love when away from their spouses and get into a torrid affair.) Not that an affair never happens, because that comes up as well. At that point, the film completely lost me, because it removed the small amount of likability from Bill Murray’s character and fell into the exact cliché that I thought they were cleverly avoiding. Other than that, there was nothing annoying or unpleasant about Lost in Translation. It was simply a bland experience. It is the kind of movie that, years from now, I might forget if I even saw it because nothing stuck with me. I’m sure there’s some deeper meaning that others are drawing from this, or some more powerful emotional truth that people see. I hope there’s something I’ve missed, because there must be a reason that a movie which feels so slight has been lauded by so many.

• Jan 27, 2020

Incredible movie about loneliness and finding meaning in what we can.

Incredible movie about loneliness and finding meaning in what we can.

• Jan 26, 2020

Most Overrated Film of the Last 20 Years. So boring. What's wrong with Japan in this film anyway ? It's a nice country.

• Jan 14, 2020

A good movie, but tough to watch because you really feel the pain of the characters.

• Jan 11, 2020