Love and Other Drugs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love and Other Drugs Reviews

August 22, 2017
I really enjoyed this movie but it is very flawed. The two leads are very good though. I'm battling between a 3 and 3.5 like its very my vibe but still somewhat tame in what it could have been.
July 7, 2017
Expected more but a very good performance by Anne,she didnt disappoint me as usual.
July 4, 2017
ok rom com but the plot doesn't flow that well
½ June 13, 2017
Meh this film is really bland and rather boring. Not a lot happens
December 14, 2016
I want us, you, this...
½ December 8, 2016
Was missing something. Not sure what. Didn't enjoy it.
½ November 8, 2016
This move was good. Jake acted well and looked his best. Anne overacted a bit and was a brat. Plus there was way too much of her boobs. The plot fell apart at the end.
½ September 17, 2016
A very good movie that could have been better if not for the formulaic ending.
September 6, 2016
A charming, unique, interesting and touching-not-maudlin story.
June 20, 2016
Damn it, this was really, really good... from start to finish... Gyllenhaal & Hathaway owned this film from the very beginning... so did not expect that... wish I could give it more than 5 stars.
May 21, 2016
Well developed. With some crap plot moves.
May 10, 2016
What a steamy rom-com it is! The plot is bland, but I love seeing the main actors.
½ April 22, 2016
Honestly, I found this movie interesting, dynamic, and positive. It starts as a already-seen-like-a-billion-times-comedy, but it then takes a sharp turn and the transition somehow still feels smooth.
This film is enjoyable and quick, with two explored and complex main characters who feel very realistic. I don't agree with who says that it wants to follow many leads (though their opinion is as good as mine, of course): to me, the goal of this movie is very clear, and I'd say it manages to achieve what it wants. It's not written anywhere that deep and heavier topics should be told through endless drama. This movie isn't shallow and isn't terribly sad either - on the contrary, is fun and hopeful, though it has its sad moments, which feel authentic.
Also, one of the two protagonists has ADHD, which isn't a common condition to see in TV. So yay for that!
Usually I'm not this moved by romantic comedies, because after a while they all seem the same and I'm often quite bored just after a few minutes, but this is something else and it's worth your time (imo). Not giving 5 stars because Jamie's brother is a bit of a cliché - though I headcanon him in the ace spectrum, but that could be me - and the ending, while not rushed, leaves out parts of the plot who could have been explored better, but it's really a lovely movie, and I'd 100% recommend it.
April 14, 2016
*Potential spoiler* As an at times chronically ill young (tiny bit younger than her character's age, I believe) woman, I related to the female protagonist's feelings regarding relationships, the medical world, and illness to an uncanny degree - so that, to me, means it was well-done. The sex scenes were, for the most part, great, and the love story was cute but super predictable. If you want a straight-up romcom this probably isn't the one (too much "sad" drama), but if you want a sexy movie with some romance and at least some substance, this one is pretty good. It contains at least a few parts that definitely made me LOL. Watch it with a date, but not a first date.
April 3, 2016
Ihan katsottava elokuva. ^_^
½ March 27, 2016
There's something a little beautiful about this film, but maybe that's just the cinematography, because the pacing and the narrative is kind of all over the place.
½ December 20, 2015
A chick-flick movie with very likeable characters played by Gyllenhaal and Hathaway. If the end doesn't get ya tearin', then your heart is made of stone. Having worked in a pharma company, I didn't appreciate all of the stereotypical pharma sales stuff, but still, worthy of a movie.
½ December 16, 2015
I disagree with the common feeling that this movie doesn't exactly know what story it wants to tell; in fact, it is a decent romantic comedy that balances well its different plot elements, with a great chemistry between the leads and a very hot Jake Gyllenhaal almost naked in several scenes.
½ November 17, 2015
ok I know its corny but so well acted and the chemistry is undeniable and it does become a heavy drama unexpectedly and its simply fantastic
½ October 25, 2015
Anne does her usual spectacular job in a movie that is interesting but maybe not for kids and young men prone to watching violent movies.