Love Potion No. 9 Reviews

• Jan 21, 2021

Really good watch, could watch again, and can recommend. While this is a trip in the way back machine, it was surprising to see Sandra Bullock "She's All That" almost 10 years earlier, and it didn't work then either. While I think the mind control substance concept is great, there is an even better zombie movie to be had in this. But they do an excellent job presenting the story, and it's got a lot of good humor to it as well.

• Jan 07, 2021

Well done smart and tasteful silly sex comedy.

Well done smart and tasteful silly sex comedy.

• Dec 11, 2020

As a social scientist, I get a kick at how this playful movie about using a love potion also has some core behavioral truths about love. Plus, hello? Anne Bancroft as a psychic? Sandra Bullock and Tate Donovan as ugly nerds? what a hoot.

• Jul 10, 2020

One of Bullock's worst.

One of Bullock's worst.

• Sep 16, 2019

This movie is really good. Great plot, well shot and perfectly cast. Whoever doesn't like this movie probably preffers Miss Congeniality.

• Aug 23, 2019

Fun movie with a happy ending. A go-to movie when my husband and I have had a challenging day.

• Jul 06, 2019

Funny, cute, and a great distraction

Funny, cute, and a great distraction

• Jan 29, 2019

I recognize the flaws in this movie, but enjoy it nonetheless. Itï¿ 1/2(TM)s just plain cute.

• Jan 03, 2019

It's definitely a fun "what-if" movie, and despite about a 50/50 split on good performances and bad, as well as a poorer-than-average script, it's enjoyable. It's fairly apparent that it was produced on a small budget. So many of the songs are in the public domain (such as classical music in a movie that isn't ABOUT classical music). Sandra Bullock does a nice job, which I'm sure contributed to her increasing fame. Again, enjoyable, the kind of movie that if you were flipping channels and bumped into it, you'd probably watch.

• Jul 20, 2018

If there were potions like this, there would be millions of $ for it and against it, plus lots of lawsuits. The film works though.