Machete Kills - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Machete Kills Reviews

October 11, 2016
Insane, ridiculous, unconscionably stupid, and completely self-aware. When the jokes hit, they hit. As a whole Machete Kills feels less inspired than its predecessor. A few jokes are played out for too long. But when Rodriguez hits the right beats, he nails the comedy, and there are plenty of hilarious gags in here, upping the lunacy level of the first Machete times 100. You simply can't question this movie. It's great schlock.
½ September 8, 2016
Just Like The First one. A popcorn action movie.
September 7, 2016
I enjoyed the first Machete. I found it to be fun, sexy, badass, a cool throwback to grindhouse movies, and from the first fake 2007 trailer I thought this movie worked well. This not so much. I think Robert Rodriguez needs to move on from Grindhouse like Cinema. I never thought I would say this, but Sofia Vergara made this movie entertaining ( good job Sofia). I would just stick to the first one.
August 12, 2016
I love these. Not quite as good as the first. Maybe a little more vulgar.
July 30, 2016
Even though it's not as good as the first i'm still giving it the same star rating, After reading some poor reviews I didn't expect it to be as good and it was, I still really enjoyed it, It's funny, Gory and full of action just what every growing boy needs, With a very star studded cast they all are under used but do well in their screen time although it's nothing really new from the first Machete, Turn your brain off, Ignore plot holes and smile at a film made for entertaining and doesn't take itself serious for one bit and you will like it just as much.
May 15, 2016
You have to be a fan to enjoy this genre. It is a comedy but filled with so much gore and violence that it ridicules. The narrative is meant to be partly parody and partly senseless. There are several cameo roles by famous actors and personalities: Lady Gaga, Mel Gibson, Antonio Banderas etc.
May 3, 2016
entertaining but not as fun as the first one !
May 1, 2016
Even more epically unhinged than the first one, and just as ridiculously fun. Mel Gibson may still be a pariah, but whether he deserves that or not, he's still got the goods that made him a megastar in the first place. Trejo is great as ever. Michelle Rodriguez cements her status as big boss queen of all the things.

Bring on part 3.
½ March 27, 2016
Seriously? I get its making fun of itself and its intended to be "bad" but it was brutal and lacked any real humour and fun. This was a painful 2hr movie.
½ February 22, 2016
A true disappointment. I enjoyed the first one so much, and this one does not compare at all. A few laughs, and the big celebrity cameos are fun, but it just tries too hard, with way too many one liners and cheesy cliches, and the special effects were not charmingly bad like in the first film, but were poorly done in CGI, which just looked bad. It was also super long and confusing, too many main characters due suddenly.
Watched on Netflix at home, February 21, 2016.
February 9, 2016
This is the kind of film when after viewing makes me feel cheap the next morning.
½ February 3, 2016
Don't take yourself or this movie too seriously! Over-the-top on purpose but a fun ride from beginning to end
½ December 8, 2015
As a comedy homage this is very well produced and directed. The various cameos, all with a licence to act badly are very welcome additions too.
November 30, 2015
Insanely obsurd with tons of fun, far surpassing insanity ofMachete"
November 18, 2015
Gloriously over the top and wonderfully tongue in cheek. Machete has been recruited to bring down a Mexican crime lord
November 16, 2015
'Machete Kills' is funny in the way that it doesn't take its premise too seriously. Sadly, the execution of said premise is not as good as it should be.
½ November 8, 2015
Not as good as the first one but had some great moments. Trejo was awesome again but it was the cameos that made it. The changing assassin was a great idea and I especially loved Lady Gaga, Gooding Jr and Banderas. A cool ending, setting up a trilogy finale.
½ November 7, 2015
Awesomely entertaining!
½ November 1, 2015
Nowhere near as good as the original.