Machete Kills - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Machete Kills Reviews

June 18, 2017
Cheesy but so entertaining. Three stars
½ April 25, 2017
2.5 Stars

Haven't seen the first movie but will do after this, they said its no where near the first one but I kinda like it.
½ April 21, 2017
Danny Trejo is back as the tough as nails Machete in this sequel to the first movie of the same name. This is even more hilariously campy and over the top than the first movie. Charlie Sheen plays the president of the USA and he is billed as Carlos Estevez. He calls on Machete to go on a special mission to go after an insane and violent Mexican crime boss who wants to launch a missile to destroy Washington DC. It turns out that the crime boss is being manipulated by a character akin to a Bond villain played excellently by Mel Gibson. Director Robert Rodriguez does an excellent job of giving the movie the feel of a 1970s exploitation film.
April 6, 2017
One of the funniest movies I've seen in years.
March 22, 2017
March 13th 2015
March 22nd 2017
March 9, 2017
What did you expect? Well you'll get exactly that. I enjoyed it well enough.
January 22, 2017
Insane, ridiculous, unconscionably stupid, and completely self-aware. As a whole, Machete Kills feels less inspired than its predecessor; a few jokes don't work or are played out for too long. But when Rodriguez hits his stride, it's a rollercoaster of hilarity. There are plenty of laugh-out-loud gags in here, upping the lunacy level of the first Machete times 100. You simply can't question this movie. It's great schlock.
December 30, 2016
In this day and age of movies trying to be realistic, it's just good to see a fun movie that does the opposite. Sure it's unrealistic, but like I said about the 1st one it's very entertaining. Watching this movie made me realize that these are parody films. The 1st parodies politically driven Action Movies. This parodies Comic Book/SciFi movies. The action, like the previous film, is top notch, the story can get convoluted at times, but it's not hard to understand. I like it and I can't wait for the Star Wars parody, Machete Kills Again; In Space.
½ December 10, 2016
I was saddened to see how poor this sequel was. I couldn't even finish it. So boring and not even funny. Too bad, the first was awesome!
November 23, 2016
Silly, kitsch, over the top and politically accurate (it has the wall between Mexico and USA)..Other than that, it's Machete with an all-star ensemble cast. Watch it with a few beers and have a few laughs.
½ November 11, 2016
Rodriguez has a habit of running things into the ground, Spy Kids, his Mexico Trilogy and now machete. The script is painfully unfunny and the lampoon of grindhouse camp is far too silly and far less satisfying the second time around.
November 5, 2016
I effing loved this movie. Just can't quite top the first but definitely outrageous fun.
October 23, 2016
Over the top craziness in the same mound as Tarantino but nowhere near as polished. Sequel to the first movie with the same gore and action and about the same enjoyment factor
½ September 8, 2016
Just Like The First one. A popcorn action movie.
September 7, 2016
I enjoyed the first Machete. I found it to be fun, sexy, badass, a cool throwback to grindhouse movies, and from the first fake 2007 trailer I thought this movie worked well. This not so much. I think Robert Rodriguez needs to move on from Grindhouse like Cinema. I never thought I would say this, but Sofia Vergara made this movie entertaining ( good job Sofia). I would just stick to the first one.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Even though it's not as good as the first i'm still giving it the same star rating, After reading some poor reviews I didn't expect it to be as good and it was, I still really enjoyed it, It's funny, Gory and full of action just what every growing boy needs, With a very star studded cast they all are under used but do well in their screen time although it's nothing really new from the first Machete, Turn your brain off, Ignore plot holes and smile at a film made for entertaining and doesn't take itself serious for one bit and you will like it just as much.
May 15, 2016
You have to be a fan to enjoy this genre. It is a comedy but filled with so much gore and violence that it ridicules. The narrative is meant to be partly parody and partly senseless. There are several cameo roles by famous actors and personalities: Lady Gaga, Mel Gibson, Antonio Banderas etc.
May 3, 2016
entertaining but not as fun as the first one !
May 1, 2016
Even more epically unhinged than the first one, and just as ridiculously fun. Mel Gibson may still be a pariah, but whether he deserves that or not, he's still got the goods that made him a megastar in the first place. Trejo is great as ever. Michelle Rodriguez cements her status as big boss queen of all the things.

Bring on part 3.