The Machinist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Machinist Reviews

½ January 28, 2018
What a waste (literally, for Christian Bale). Respect to him for this transformation, but what a crap movie. So, so predictable. That weird Marlon Brando dude, that awful music. I appreciate the nine inch nails visual aspect, themes, and tone of the film, but that's all there is to find here.
½ January 21, 2018
A riveting character study of a man who is wasting away, suffering from insomnia and bouts of paranoia, 'The Machinist' is an excellent psychological thriller that has you intrigued from the opening sequence and amazed by the revelation at the end. Christian Bale's outstandingly devoted performance really anchors the character and the film. Directing, cinematography and music are also spot-on, creating the perfectly tense, ominous and dark tone with an overwhelming sense that there is something dreadful waiting just around the corner.
January 5, 2018
Bale is one of the best actors ever and if you don't agree with that statement watch this movie. It likely would not work with any other actor.
½ December 27, 2017
Christian Bale in what is probably his best ever role
December 26, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Uno de las más memorables interpretaciones de Christian Bale en un thriller oscuro, que a pesar de mantener la tensión en el espectador, el final resulta decepcionante.
½ December 13, 2017
I found this to be too slow, with a plot that isn't very interesting. Bale does a fine job at portraying an insomniac, as he dives deep into the role.
December 7, 2017
Aunque la película no lleva a ninguna parte, es conmovedora la historia y la atmósfera de misterio en toda la película. El guión es bueno, la actuación, la fotografía, son muy buenas, pero no llevan a ningún lado.
December 5, 2017
Great performance by Cristian Bale. The cinematography is very well done.
November 16, 2017
film bikin penasaran
October 8, 2017
Creepy thriller that was well made with an amazing performance by Bale. The story was deep and kept you guessing what was going to come till the end. 4/5
½ September 4, 2017
The Machinist is one of Christian Bale's best career performances. It's also one of the best films of 2004, with an ominous tone, unsettling atmosphere and intriguing story. It's sure to become a cult classic. (4.5/5)
September 2, 2017
Christian Bale's performance and dedication to the role is amazing, but the story was stagnant as hell
½ August 29, 2017
Christian Bale was amazing. Can't say much about the rest of the film.
½ August 25, 2017
Christian Bale was haunting as his performance as Trevor a guilt stricken man that's suffering from insomnia and a horrifying physic. However, it seemed a waste of talent for Bale because the movie was pretty bad. It wasn't ambiguous like it should've been but more clear cut. Moreover, this makes it so the audience can't have a personal connection to the film by putting their on experiences in an ambiguous and carefully detailed plot so we can relate or sympathize to a very different character.
July 30, 2017
One of the best thrillers ever.
July 7, 2017
How can a human loose so much weight for a movie ??? Good job Christian !
May 17, 2017
Very slow and disappointing movie, waited for something interesting to happen throughout the whole movie. Still can't understand why it's got such a high rating.
½ April 21, 2017
Christian Bale did a superb job in portraying factory worker Trevor Reznik. This film gave me the chills; there were moments when I felt like I could not look and yet I could not look away. It had a creepy, after-life quality that just added to the film's suspense. Worth watching at least once.
March 11, 2017
Great acting job by Bale, held my interest even through slow parts
Interesting psychological mystery