The Machinist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Machinist Reviews

December 7, 2017
Aunque la película no lleva a ninguna parte, es conmovedora la historia y la atmósfera de misterio en toda la película. El guión es bueno, la actuación, la fotografía, son muy buenas, pero no llevan a ningún lado.
December 5, 2017
Great performance by Cristian Bale. The cinematography is very well done.
November 16, 2017
film bikin penasaran
October 8, 2017
Creepy thriller that was well made with an amazing performance by Bale. The story was deep and kept you guessing what was going to come till the end. 4/5
½ September 4, 2017
The Machinist is one of Christian Bale's best career performances. It's also one of the best films of 2004, with an ominous tone, unsettling atmosphere and intriguing story. It's sure to become a cult classic. (4.5/5)
September 2, 2017
Christian Bale's performance and dedication to the role is amazing, but the story was stagnant as hell
½ August 29, 2017
Christian Bale was amazing. Can't say much about the rest of the film.
½ August 25, 2017
Christian Bale was haunting as his performance as Trevor a guilt stricken man that's suffering from insomnia and a horrifying physic. However, it seemed a waste of talent for Bale because the movie was pretty bad. It wasn't ambiguous like it should've been but more clear cut. Moreover, this makes it so the audience can't have a personal connection to the film by putting their on experiences in an ambiguous and carefully detailed plot so we can relate or sympathize to a very different character.
July 30, 2017
One of the best thrillers ever.
July 7, 2017
How can a human loose so much weight for a movie ??? Good job Christian !
May 17, 2017
Very slow and disappointing movie, waited for something interesting to happen throughout the whole movie. Still can't understand why it's got such a high rating.
½ April 21, 2017
Christian Bale did a superb job in portraying factory worker Trevor Reznik. This film gave me the chills; there were moments when I felt like I could not look and yet I could not look away. It had a creepy, after-life quality that just added to the film's suspense. Worth watching at least once.
March 11, 2017
Great acting job by Bale, held my interest even through slow parts
Interesting psychological mystery
½ March 11, 2017
The Machinist is a very good physiological thriller that has an interesting plot and some unpredictable twists. Christian Bale is absolutely scintillating as Trevor and his incredible commitment to the role helped it sell his character. The film leaves some questions at the end and I think I will definitely have to see it again in order to gain a better understanding of the film. The direction is unnerving and the score is unsettling which builds the tension beautifully. If I were to compare this to other movies I would say it's like Fight Club meets Insomnia.
December 26, 2016
Una gran película con un final bastante bueno. Muy buenas actuaciones por parte del todos los actores.
December 9, 2016
phenomenal neo-noir psychological thriller
December 3, 2016
The best movie about psychosis ever!
½ November 30, 2016
This is a strange film to say the least. Christian Bale was excellent, actually scary good, looking as thin as a stick on a tree. It is lit with a very grey setting throughout the entire movie. Worth checking out for sure