Madea's Witness Protection Reviews

• Nov 02, 2019

Thought the crazy amount of cast members would bring more to this Madea installment - but it's pretty run of the mill

• Sep 20, 2019

Madea's Witness Protection, while it seems like a worthless comedy meant solely for entertainment, is actually a deep reflection on the decay of our Western Capitalist society. It is a layered masterpiece of comedy genius, which requires deep thought to comprehend even just one of the many levels of a single 'joke'. For example, George asks the titular character for WiFi, and she agrees to make George a waffle. While uneducated fools like Owen Gleiberman may see the line as a throwaway gag, it really is a statement on the disconnect between the wealthy suburban community and the urban lower class community. George, as a wealthy person, has a greater access to essential technologies such as WiFi. When he asks Madea for WiFi, Madea does not understand, and instead offers to make waffles. Madea represents the working class, who due to fiscal differences is culturally drifting away from the American upper class. Her offering of waffles, which creates a humorous misunderstanding due to the phonetic similarity between the words 'WiFi' and 'Waffle', demonstrates the intent of working class individuals attempting to move up in society, but are inhibited by their divide with the rest of society. This is also a beautiful allegory to the decay of Western society due to class divisions, which Tyler Perry masterfully wraps up with multiple allusions to Marx's works throughout the film. In conclusion, Madea's Witness Protection is in reality a beautiful allegory for our society, which is ingeniously disguised as a meaningless comedy film.

• Jun 04, 2019

This film feels like a bad Disney channel movie with sex jokes most of the time. Couple that with bad dialogue and average acting and a predictable story and this films not very good.

• May 02, 2019

Hilarious and it was really good

Hilarious and it was really good

• Mar 10, 2019

This was the worst Tyler Perry movie ever. The script was boring and predictable. Some of the acting and screens were terrible. The jokes were forced and didn't come across authentic. of I didnt know any netter I would say that this was a low budget film. A waste of my brain cells.

• Nov 22, 2018

"Madea's Witness Protection" has a number of effective jokes, although the plot as a whole feels a bit scattershot, predictable, and simplistic.

• Jan 01, 2018

Madea's Witness Protection is directed and written by Tyler Perry, and it stars Tyler Perry, Eugene Levy, Denise Richards, and Doris Roberts in a comedy film about an accountant whose business is not doing well because the charities that the business were giving the money to were part of a Ponzi scheme, and the family has to stay in Madea's (Tyler Perry) house for protection for a couple of months until the matter is settled. The character Madea I find to be funny in some movies, and she can be unfunny in other films that the character is in. So for watching something like this, I can say that this film is at best, all right. The acting is fine, and I did laugh at a lot of jokes, especially at the beginning where the family goes to Madea's house. It's not nearly as melodramatic as Tyler Perry's other films, and I did like seeing Madea bringing some goodness in the family, even though I knew that was going to happen in Tyler Perry's typical films. As for flaws, well it loses its steam by the end of it in terms of the jokes here as they were starting to become unfunny. The whole mob situation wasn't really as big of a deal as the movie was making it to be, even to the point that I think they don't even mention them by the end of it. The religion aspects sort of meanders the movie along and was kind of there to bring some of the Christian religion onto this film. The movie is just sort of there to exist for Madea fans who still enjoy them, and while Madea's Witness Protection is better than his recent ones like the Madea Halloween films, it's not funny enough for me to like it and wouldn't really bother watching this again for a while.

• Dec 12, 2017

I love this movie. I'm actually surprised to see the tomatometer so low - this definitely does not do the movie justice.

• May 10, 2017

Madea is unheard of in the UK and I don't think the films even get released. However I've just watched this one and it is so refreshing as I'm not normally a fan of American comedy movies or tv. The plot is meandering and there's no fast paced talking and wisecracking. Admittedly an acquired taste and far from perfect, but as soon as Tyler Perry appears as Madea the whole film lights up. Some genuinely really funny moments (all with Madea) and I look forward to more.

• Jan 01, 2017

This was a fun film . The Madea character cracks me up . Goofy but fun .

This was a fun film . The Madea character cracks me up . Goofy but fun .