Man on a Ledge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man on a Ledge Reviews

½ September 25, 2016
This movie had so much potential but the way it was delivered actually ruined everything. The plot was what ruined the whole movie,it could have been much more profound, but in the end it was reduced in sheer action and nothing more. There was an epic-scale failure in the last half where it revealed what it really stands for. The dialogue was really poor. The actions scenes were nothing but cliches of the genre. I'm completely disappointed.
August 27, 2016
Man on a Ledge has a intriguing premise and the movie start fairly good. As the film treads along though, it falls apart and leaves you wondering what happened.
½ August 5, 2016
Great suspense at times , good story ...fine twists in this movie . Cool ! SOMDVD
June 22, 2016
Amazing movie. Constantly didn't see what was coming. Constantly wtf moments. Didn't see the ending coming.
May 28, 2016
Interesting heist film. I watched this film and didn't expect most if not all of it to be a silent film. Was it a silent film in theaters? I'll never know but an interesting perspective nonetheless.
½ May 1, 2016
So... Interesting even the story behind what happened is really good... =] !!!
April 24, 2016
Taken with a pick of salt it's a decent ride
March 28, 2016
Fairly good plot which makes it a fairly exciting thriller..could have been much better
March 16, 2016
Man on the Ledge is a very decent popcorn movie, it spends the first 10-15 minutes setting your expectation about what the film is about then as it progresses it slowly alters that view.

What you end up with is a fairly formulaic and somewhat predictable storyline, but it's also a highly entertaining thriller.
March 9, 2016
First of all even though the idea was pretty good it is so over the top and not really necessary and the more the film goes on the more silly it gets, The acting wasn't great and the ending was pretty poor, But it gets three stars for trying something different.
March 1, 2016
Asger Leth brings us Man on a Ledge starring Sam Worthington. A ex con man is threatening to jump from a Manhattan Hotel rooftop while the police struggle to bring him down unharmed but meanwhile the biggest diamond heist ever committed is in motion behind him.
The film is slow and boring at times, it's uninteresting and just not worth your time.
February 24, 2016
Took a while to see the point.
February 2, 2016
A much better flick than the poorly put together movies we're seeing today. You have creative writing, great directing, it's creative ,actors are assume!! Keeps you watching!
½ January 3, 2016
This movie isn't as bad as the critics hit it with. There's an actual pretty good pace throughout the film, but I would say the first half holds up much better than the second half of the film. A man named Nick Cassidy (Sam Worthington) is on the run after escaping from prison. Nick is an ex cop who was framed by David Englander (Ed Harris) a businessman who made it look like Nick stole a precious diamond years back. Nick hashes a plan to make it look like he's going to kill himself while his brother Joey (Jamie Bell) and his girlfriend Angie (Genesis Rodriguez) attempt to break into Englander's vault to prove the diamond is still there. The movie also features Elizabeth Banks as a negotiator named Lydia Mercer, Anthony Mackie as Nick's old partner and friend Mike, and Edward Burns as a fellow negotiator named Jack (who is so underused in the film might I add). The movie has some good moments in it especially before you realize what the real plan is, but it falls flat on a few too many spots. Sam Worthington's Australian accent kicks in and out and it kinda gets annoying. We have some characters that don't do much like Jack and even a reporter played by Kyra Sedwick. There just there to be there. Also the pot in the last 20 minutes gets ridiculous when you think about it. The crime itself seems very dumb that Nick is framed for and in today's society I can't imagine anyone getting away with it. Overall, a decent rent, but don't buy it!
December 21, 2015
Nice trick and team work.
December 5, 2015
Take away the idea of a man on a ledge, it's a standard heist and man clearing name film. The performances are alright, the film's okay. It's perfect on TV when there's nothing else to watch on TNT.
December 2, 2015
this is a good movie!
½ December 1, 2015
very interesting, with lots of great twists and turns.
½ December 1, 2015
If you're going to be this implausible and stupid you at least need to be real fun and engaging. Some bloke with a mullet occasionally whispering via radio-link to Billy Eliot what to do is not going to cut it I'm afraid. Once they resort to Rodriguez showing off her pink pants you know they've lost the plot. It's not a terrible, terrible this will make me angry's just rubbish.