Manhunt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Manhunt Reviews

September 7, 2014
Very good documentary on the hunt for Osama bin Laden. I am sure the book has much more info not covered in the 2 video hours. Still, I found a lot of the footage used interesting and the thought process of the agents insightful. This covers many aspects of the story covered in the movie Zero Dark Thirty, which I thought was very insightful. This documentary as well as Zero Dark Thirty are highly recommended by me.
February 15, 2014
Interesting, stock-standard and fact based.
February 13, 2014
Good documentary, especially for folks who want to get the basic facts about the bin Laden hunt without watching all the other movies about the issue.
January 20, 2014
great watch full of informative info about a topic of our times. really interesting to see the inner workings of al quieda tracked down. might have had a slight American patriot slant.
October 26, 2013
Making use of primary source material and interviews with people who lived the event in first person, Manhunt is a documentary about the hunt for Al Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden based on a book by Peter Bergen. Greg Barker employs the same thrilling style and makes sure that his documentary unravel at an excitingly entertaining pace. It's hard to overlook its one-sidedness, as well as it's hard to ignore the fact that its focus on the investigation is much too two dimensional in a subject full of mystery that has spurred on an endless number of conspiracy theories. They simply don't seem to interest Barker, who faithfully sticks to his own vision, inevitably partially shaped by his own experiences as a former war correspondent, and makes sure that Manhunt never get dull.
TheDudeLebowski65
June 17, 2013
Manhunt is an incredible documentary about the hunt for Osama Bin Laden, a terrorist who murdered thousands of innocent men, women and children. The film takes a look at the beginnings of the hunt for Bin Laden from the year's he was fighting against the Russians to the year he was finally killed by US Navy Seals. The hunt for Bin Laden took two decades and a lot of hard work, and Manhunt is a compelling, in depth documentary about this interesting subject. This is one of the most thrilling documentaries that I have seen and anyone interested in the subject owes it to themselves to see this film. Featuring captivating interviews by those involved in the hunt for the world's most wanted terrorist, Manhunt is thrilling from beginning to end. This is a well executed documentary that should be seen by anyone looking for a good documentary to watch. This is among the finest films on the hunt for Bin Laden that I have seen, and it is quite in depth in its subject matter. I've seen plenty of documentaries on the subject, and this is by far the best one. This is a thrilling, exciting and above all important, because the hunt for Bin Laden and his ultimate demise was probably the most significant Military and espionage operation since 9/11. I really loved the documentary, and it is an entertaining ride from the first frame to the climactic end to the Manhunt of the most wanted man in U.S history. In terms of documentary filmmaking, this one accomplishes what it sets out to do, and gives the viewer something truly something great to watch.
May 25, 2013
Informative and deep account of the two decade hunt for Osama bin Laden. This should be required viewing for all American citizens.
May 12, 2013
I appreciate that the passion of these analyst are well propagated through the film. The effort and time required to achieve a feat such as capturing Bin Laden demands respect.
May 4, 2013
"Why is the enemy the enemy?"
April 10, 2013
It's deeply moving, informative and important. There are even a few laughs. I had a very good sense of the people who worked vigilantly and diligently in the CIA to provide information that was misused, abused, and correctly used and I felt all those people's frustrations and joys. The very last line in the film sums up the whole experience for me but since it's spoilery (not a word I know), I won't share. Thank you HBO for letting it be shown at the Full Frame Documentary Film Festival circa 2013.