Mars Needs Moms - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mars Needs Moms Reviews

June 15, 2017
Wow this was really really bad
May 26, 2017
LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate the main character! He said his life would be better if he didn't have a mom at all. That alone is enough to make me hate him. Some of the visuals can look good, but the motion-capture animation on the humans look unnatural.
½ May 15, 2017
The plot is embarrassingly stupid and follows an incredibly tedious story structure, the character designs are all hideous and unintentionally terrifying, the dialogue is laughably inept, the main character is a detestable brat who's almost as unlikable as Caillou, and the rest of the characters are either really bland, dumb as hell, or both. Worst motion capture movie ever made!
½ May 13, 2017
A movie that massively bombed for Disney, and you can see why. The animation looks awful and even creepy at times. The story isn't very good and the whole idea is stupid. It's not the worst Disney movie I've ever seen, but it's pretty bad. (First and only viewing - 11/22/2011)
January 3, 2017
boring and useless from start to finish
December 22, 2016
A bit of a let down.
October 29, 2016
Bad and Forgettable. Watching this is disturbing.
September 3, 2016
The movie was ok. It would have been better if they hadn't portrayed the men as disposable dancing monkeys. I had a hard time overlooking that story line choice. I'm all for showing strong intelligent females, but we don't need to debase our males in the process. I regret not asking the dad with his kids sitting beside me what he thought. Anyways - I will never watch this film again.
½ July 31, 2016
Mars Needs Moms tem uma ótima direção e efeitos visuais bem legais,mesmo assim sofre com um roteiro podre e bagunçado.
½ July 27, 2016
Not the worst but the could have done better
½ June 7, 2016
es pésima esta pelicula,las voces de seth green y joan cusack no estan mal pero lo malo de esta porqueria es que tiene una animación re pobre,simon wells y robert zemeckis son buenos directores, pero dirigiendo esta bazofia son muy malos directores.
½ March 28, 2016
Great idea, great characters, poorly assembled, but could have been so much better. Still enjoyed it for the idea and the characters.
March 20, 2016
I don't know about you guys, but the visuals from the photos alone just freak me out. They're some of the creepiest stuff I've seen in a while, and I'm almost tempted to gouge my eyes out after seeing them. I mean, I have no problems with scary material for kids, but if it's scary for the right reasons. The visual design of this movie is scary for all the WRONG reasons. They LOOK like they came from Mars, and that's not a compliment.

I may be counting on visiting Mars myself before I see this movie, and I will definitely visit Mars before watching this movie a lot, unless I die first.
February 7, 2016
Visually charming and thematically interesting, but narratively and spiritually moribund, Mars Needs Moms has plenty of eye candy, but it might be too depressing and emotionally shocking for it's younger audience.
January 26, 2016
160126: This is a unique film. I loved the animation as it came to everything except the living creatures. Gribble was the exception, his characterization being the best. I've always struggled with these films that try to closely animate human beings. It always looks off to me. Yes, I know, that sounds funny. Mars Needs Mom reminds me of the animation on The Polar Express (2004). I did not cotton to the alien art either but the story of their relationships, male and female, was fun. Perhaps, because of similar life experiences, found the overall story a bit harsh for my ten-year-old son. Having had to deal with a unique maternal relationship I can see why my he did not want to watch this film again (he had seen it earlier). Single parent children may find certain aspects of this film...difficult. Fogler, again Gribble, was fantastic and have always had a place for Cusack since Grosse Pointe Blank (1997). This film will remain in my collection because of the animation strengths I mentioned but I do not anticipate it will get watched often for the similarly referenced weaknesses.
½ September 14, 2015
Not without its share of shortcomings and compromises, but all well-meaning enough. While the way that the performances are captured alone - well makes up for it. All in all, much better than its reputation implies.
September 6, 2015
The animation looks good.
½ August 9, 2015
One of Disney's lamest ever.
August 3, 2015
Uncreative, dull, and lacking heart, Mars Needs Moms delivers an unoriginal premise that fails to captivate the audience
July 19, 2015
This was just below kind of okay, it was pretty lazy actually, and I thought this movie could've done much better.