Mars Needs Moms - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mars Needs Moms Reviews

October 29, 2016
Bad and Forgettable. Watching this is disturbing.
September 3, 2016
The movie was ok. It would have been better if they hadn't portrayed the men as disposable dancing monkeys. I had a hard time overlooking that story line choice. I'm all for showing strong intelligent females, but we don't need to debase our males in the process. I regret not asking the dad with his kids sitting beside me what he thought. Anyways - I will never watch this film again.
½ July 31, 2016
Mars Needs Moms tem uma ótima direção e efeitos visuais bem legais,mesmo assim sofre com um roteiro podre e bagunçado.
½ July 27, 2016
Not the worst but the could have done better
½ June 7, 2016
es pésima esta pelicula,las voces de seth green y joan cusack no estan mal pero lo malo de esta porqueria es que tiene una animación re pobre,simon wells y robert zemeckis son buenos directores, pero dirigiendo esta bazofia son muy malos directores.
½ March 28, 2016
Great idea, great characters, poorly assembled, but could have been so much better. Still enjoyed it for the idea and the characters.
March 20, 2016
I don't know about you guys, but the visuals from the photos alone just freak me out. They're some of the creepiest stuff I've seen in a while, and I'm almost tempted to gouge my eyes out after seeing them. I mean, I have no problems with scary material for kids, but if it's scary for the right reasons. The visual design of this movie is scary for all the WRONG reasons. They LOOK like they came from Mars, and that's not a compliment.

I may be counting on visiting Mars myself before I see this movie, and I will definitely visit Mars before watching this movie a lot, unless I die first.
February 7, 2016
Visually charming and thematically interesting, but narratively and spiritually moribund, Mars Needs Moms has plenty of eye candy, but it might be too depressing and emotionally shocking for it's younger audience.
January 26, 2016
160126: This is a unique film. I loved the animation as it came to everything except the living creatures. Gribble was the exception, his characterization being the best. I've always struggled with these films that try to closely animate human beings. It always looks off to me. Yes, I know, that sounds funny. Mars Needs Mom reminds me of the animation on The Polar Express (2004). I did not cotton to the alien art either but the story of their relationships, male and female, was fun. Perhaps, because of similar life experiences, found the overall story a bit harsh for my ten-year-old son. Having had to deal with a unique maternal relationship I can see why my he did not want to watch this film again (he had seen it earlier). Single parent children may find certain aspects of this film...difficult. Fogler, again Gribble, was fantastic and have always had a place for Cusack since Grosse Pointe Blank (1997). This film will remain in my collection because of the animation strengths I mentioned but I do not anticipate it will get watched often for the similarly referenced weaknesses.
½ September 14, 2015
Not without its share of shortcomings and compromises, but all well-meaning enough. While the way that the performances are captured alone - well makes up for it. All in all, much better than its reputation implies.
September 6, 2015
The animation looks good.
½ August 9, 2015
One of Disney's lamest ever.
August 3, 2015
Uncreative, dull, and lacking heart, Mars Needs Moms delivers an unoriginal premise that fails to captivate the audience
July 19, 2015
This was just below kind of okay, it was pretty lazy actually, and I thought this movie could've done much better.
½ July 10, 2015
odd film but a shame it's really all over the place Disney has always tried original stories which fall flat but its good to see non sequels being made. that being said, this film is too hard to follow and isn't as interesting as the film thinks it is
½ July 3, 2015
worst movie ever made
June 29, 2015
I sweet little story stretched to feature length and bastardized by creepy, inconsistent and pointless motion capture work leaving us with little but glimpses of what it could have been.
May 18, 2015
Unfortunately, one of those mass produced computer animated affairs (it seems like there's a ton of 'em) that finds actual storytelling a bothersome detail. What remains is a work that looks and sounds as if it were made for the kiddies but in actuality was made specifically for the moms of those kiddies, a little bit of encouragement for simply being moms (which, as I understand it, is a thankless job, or so I've heard), if not for only listening to toddler conversation for weeks at a time. If that was the case, why not actually write something for those moms with some meat in it instead of only breast milk?
May 12, 2015
This was relisee in theatres?!?
½ May 1, 2015
Surprisingly its a good animation. Rather sweet and simple. Great motion capture technique. Milo (Seth Green) is a boy who don't eat his veggie, don't like to take out trash. His mom (Joan Cusack) keep nagging at him and he says it will be good if he doesn't have a mom. Meanwhile, alien in Mars are locking in on her for her good mom quality. At night the aliens kidnap her and Seth chase, get tangle and stranded on the spaceship. An alien girl Ki (Elisabeth Harnois) somehow feel bad but the Supervisor (Mindy Sterling) rules with authority. Milo manage to escape the jail cell with the help of a voice. He jump into the rubbish chute and descend down to rubbish land, where he meet Gribble (Dan Fogler) the one who save him. He says he is a secret astronaut stranded. Gribble accidentally tells Milo his mom will be killed. The aliens are all females and bad mothers, so they want to extract the good mom quality out of human mom to transfer into their nanny bots. The males are dump into the rubbish land. He help Milo go up there again but knew it won't work. His plan to help him escape fail and Milo is on his own. The alien track down the comms and caught Gribble. Ki has been doing flower artwork on the building and bump into Milo who escape to the ledge. He fell and she save him. Milo go back to the rubbish and can't find Gribble. He find a capsule belong to Gribble and find out he is actually George Ribble and his mom was also caught by the alien. Gribble is to be kill by firing squad. Milo save him in time. Supervisor command Ki to kill them but she throw the gun to Milo and the duo escape. They fell to a sewer and reach another part of the below. Gribble tell Milo his story. He was a good boy and led to the capture of his mom. He try to save her but its too late. So he know how it ends. Ki track find them and want to help Milo. She saw a secret files of the elders about Earth and is mesmerize by the flower arts. She also like how Gribble blush when he is near Ki. They uncover a wall drawing of their race as a family. Supervisor has been lying that they are all been raise by nanny bots all along. They reach up there with Ki help. Gribble freed the male aliens. Milo go out there to save his mom. Ki accidentally start the spaceship. Gribble put on his rocket and give Milo a boost. The aliens are barging out and Gribble punch the lock system to prevent the aliens coming. Milo can't free the buckle and use the gun to do it. He manage to wake his mom up. The Supervisor stands in their way towards the ship. Ki shows the rest the drawing and says they should be raise by a complete family. Supervisor says the males just dance and do nothing all day hence she put up the new rules to raise the children with nanny bot and banish males to rubbish land. The others know the truth and refuse to obey Supervisor anymore. Peace is restore in the alien race. Milo and his mom return to Earth. Gribble continue to stay in Mars with Ki since its a new rule now.