Match Point Reviews

• Jun 09, 2019

So Woody Allen is a disgusting person, and I couldn't care less about any of his movies like "Annie Hall" or whatever other self-indulgent movie he did, but this movie is great. It's tense and just a nail biter throughout.

• Jun 01, 2019

The worst Ending Ever !

The worst Ending Ever !

• May 20, 2019

Definitely not your typical Woody Allen movie. Especially with the way the story played out. It was almost like a Shakespearean adaptation or opera or something. That twist towards the end was very unexpected, but I really liked it. It was different. While I really despised the color palette of the movie and the almost dreary and grim feel and look of it, the story was compelling to watch unfold and kept me interested the whole time. Never once was I bored or uninterested, and that's good writing right there. It was almost gut wrenching to see how out of control Chris was when it came to his lust over Nola and seeing how he could cheat on such a sweetheart like Chloe. I guess we never knew Chris all along. Something told me that there was something off about him almost like he was cold or a piece of him was dead inside. Now he has to live with what he did for the rest of his life. Being haunted and reminded of the crime he committed. It was painful to see the lengths that he would go, all the lying and disloyalty that he did, just to make sure things don't get messed up and he could have whatever he wanted. Overall, pretty compelling story. It makes you think and I love that.

• Dec 26, 2018

One of Woody's finest modern work, setting a clear eyed perspective on the consequences of infidelity and morphing a rather cliché love triangle into an intriguing depiction of luck and despair.

• Oct 21, 2018

It has its moments, but slowly it becomes a dead horse. I do love films that go over the class system in England and how one ascends/descends.

• Aug 03, 2018

Quite an interesting movie, ending whilst bit disappointing has a funny twist I guess

• Jul 30, 2018

A sick little film from a sick little director. Good acting though and steamy first act.

• Jul 17, 2018

it's good, a reinvention of Crimes and Misdemeanors

it's good, a reinvention of Crimes and Misdemeanors

• Apr 23, 2018

i'd rather be lucky than good.. Match Point The first half is spent on setting the obvious plot, twisted characters and dark tone of the feature and takes its time to kick in but when it does its enthralling, electrifying and brutal in its last hour. Woddy Allen's smart and finely detailed script is the real game changer in here along with his brilliant execution that makes you think twice. On performance level, the objective seems unsatisfied as the lead characters i.e. Scarlett Johansson and Jonathan Meyers and Emily Mortimer aren't as convincing as they should have been. Match Point seems like a normal rom-com with a predictable twist until its last act hits on screen that may shake the audience dreadfully for despite of its genre it goes into places where Woody Allen has never been.

• Mar 19, 2018

Overacting and nauseating performance from Emily Mortimer, quite unbelievable plot/narrative and Rhys-Meyers character simply not credible.