The Matrix - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Matrix Reviews

½ April 14, 2018
Although the plot of this movie can be difficult to understand at first, The Wachowski Brothers crafted a sci-fi action beauty, with stunning action, spot-on setpieces and stellar effects.
April 13, 2018
This is the best film on the planet. Once you watch it , it will change you fundamentally for the better.
½ April 10, 2018
a sci-fi classic stemmed from the analogy of plato's cave, set in a dystopian civilisation of man where robots/a.i has come to be in dominion rivalry.
April 9, 2018
10/04/2018 - Yes there are some cheesy one liners. But you should expect that. As of writing this, The Matrix is almost 20 years old! The simple fact is, The Matrix is STILL the greatest science fiction film ever made, and doesn't look like it will be beaten any time soon.
April 4, 2018
IT IS A DOCUMENTARY!
March 31, 2018
Imaginative but extremely overrated.
March 19, 2018
Not the most original story, but still enjoyable and downright fun
March 12, 2018
My #1 Movie of All time!
March 4, 2018
2C the film is a masterpiece of science fiction, great effects and a script that leaves us questions and more questions about the future, an extremely memorable and grandly well-organized cast.
February 24, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
February 23, 2018
Morpheus is the one, Neo is just his prodogy. Boom'n movie!
February 23, 2018
There are movies, then there are good movies, then there are the greatest movies... and then comes The Matrix Trilogy!
February 6, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 4
Age/Originality: 3
Total: 19/25
½ February 3, 2018
Not a very character driven movie, but this film is sure to give a hard jolt of awesome sci fi action goodness.
February 2, 2018
To me, the Matrix is a perfect action movie. The premise, the action, and the visuals are all so captivating and executed so well. As the years go by, I'm more and more stunned that this movie was released in 1999 because it still surpasses so much of the big budget action shlock that comes out today. And while it may not be quite as philosophical as it wants to be, it's vastly more intelligent than anything that has mass appeal these days.
January 28, 2018
Sometimes this film feels like a philosophical economic treatise on the world of numbers.
½ January 27, 2018
lots and lots of guns in this amazing yet disturbing movie
January 22, 2018
good movie bad animation
½ January 14, 2018
Dull, depressing and unoriginal. The Wachowski siblings made one good movie. And it wasn't this one, it was Bound in 1996....
January 13, 2018
This is one of my favorite movies, and I just watched it for the first time today. I have always thought that I would never like this movie because I knew what happens and nothing would surprise me, I was happily wrong. From the fun action to the unique story this movie has it all. If you are an action Movie fan you will love this movie