The Matrix - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Matrix Reviews

January 16, 2017
I love this movie! One of my favorite movie series too. The Matrix makes the watcher us there mind and also give you loads of action at the same time!
½ January 11, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Evidentemente fue hecha muy bien, y se nota el esfuerzo de los hermanos Wachowski, que además de aportar un nuevo formato visual, también nos ofrece una historia efectiva, aún abordando una trama sobre tratada en la ciencia-ficción.
½ January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.6/10 - 4.6/5
½ January 10, 2017
I don't see it as innovative as many people say it is, because a lot of this stuff has been done in movies before this one, but in terms of entertainment, this is a fun film to watch. Also I wish Neo and Trinity had a bit more character but I don't think their awful. I see this movie similar to how I saw the first Star Wars movie. It's a film that payed homage to films before hand and tried to create their own entertaining world. (Though sadly this is no Star Wars for me)
January 10, 2017
The Matrix has two types of viewer. The one who asks loads of questions and the meaning of things and the one who just wants to switch off their brain and watch some action take place. Fortunately this is good for both.

Spawned clountless movie references and is easily the best out of the trilogy. Rewatch value is high
January 1, 2017
Just watched and it was great! Always will remember the "Matrix" move from Neo :) action scenes are well planned and the story plot is very creative!
December 29, 2016
It's rare that a movie will give a satisfying answer to a mysterious question. What is The Matrix? The answer they give is not half-assed or cheap, it's genuinely interesting. Aside from that, the film tells a good story with a unique atmosphere that I can't help but fall in love with. The only downside is that the acting is commonly pretty wooden. Other than that, it's a damn good time!
½ December 28, 2016
The Wachowski's are such talented movie directors and writers that it's no suprise that his best movie closes the 20th century nearly as good as Fight Club did.
December 23, 2016
I know that I am committing heresy among my generation but I never thought this movie was just ok. The action sequences are good but everything in between is just boring. The sequels are unwatchable.
½ December 22, 2016
En ole todellakaan mikään scifin ystävä, mutta onhan tämä yksi cooleimmista leffoista mitä on. En tiedä monennenko kerran näin, mutta edelleen tyylikästä katseltavaa. Ja Keanu Reaves senkun vain nuorenee.
½ December 19, 2016
Visually, I get the appeal.... but that's about it for me.
½ December 15, 2016
An intelligent plot and interesting concept makes this movie a classic. With great action and amazing visuals.
December 12, 2016
4 stars
This film is a must-see movie for people who love action movies and stay on the edge of their seats. It keeps you guesing the whole movie and has just the right amount of suspense. Possibly one of the best movies of the decade. The movie had excelent blocking, rule of thirds, and directing.
The blocking of this movie was truly fantastic. You can see the effort of the blocking and it all paid off. Every location was perfect for the scene and it all set the right tone. Especially in the antique shop when they're trying to get back but can't. The blocking there made it so much more dramatic. The subway is another great example. It's an epic fight and the blocking was great.
Rule of thirds was almost always there. Their use, or lack of use, set the perfect tone for the entire movie. When they used rule of thirds it made sense and direceted your attention to the right spot on the screen. When they didn't use it it seemed awkward but the scene was awkward or something was off. They also used filters and film shots to their advantage. High angle and low angle to show who is in power or a small tint to show something is off.
The dialougue was also very good and thought out. Nothing seemed out of place and they always seemed to say the right thing, the right way, and in a way that the tone matched it and intensified it.
You could tell the movie had tons of hard work poured into it and it all paid off. One of the best movies I've ever seen and now one of my favorites as well. Truly amazing.
December 3, 2016
way ahead of its time.. this movie is made perfect. actors/directors/edit/ soundtrack all come together to make this epic
December 3, 2016
Terrific special effects. Mind-blowing.
½ November 13, 2016
For some reason, I just don't like this movie.
November 10, 2016
Some great kick-ass action coupled with some deep philosophical questions. What's no to like!
October 31, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: The Matrix is not just full of incredible themes and concepts, it's also a very creative way to portray them. It's done excellently too, to the extent where you genuinely feel immersed in this perception of 'reality.' Once your there though, it could have easily been boring, but luckily this is a hugely fun piece of film as well thanks to some mind-bending action and great visual effects.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: The characters are less in themselves, and more tools for telling this imaginative dream-story. This means you can't get too attached to the events that unfold.
VERDICT: It's something that's aged well yet that was completely fresh in its time - 'The Matrix' is quirky, clever and sits on a whole new level of cool.
October 30, 2016
Neo, a young computer genius, is searching for answers although not quite sure what, always having believed that something wasn't right with the world we live in. His search is fruitless until one day a message appears on his computer screen, telling him to follow the white rabbit.

Gripping, explosive and imaginative, this film goes for the jugular and never lets go.
October 22, 2016
161022: Considering the age of this film, it's still pretty damn good. Entertaining action, beaucoup martial arts and firearms galore. The special effects show well and I didn't mind Keanu Reeves as much as the first time. Still absolutely love Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving). He makes this film fun.