The Matrix - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Matrix Reviews

December 3, 2016
way ahead of its time.. this movie is made perfect. actors/directors/edit/ soundtrack all come together to make this epic
December 3, 2016
Terrific special effects. Mind-blowing.
½ November 13, 2016
For some reason, I just don't like this movie.
November 10, 2016
Some great kick-ass action coupled with some deep philosophical questions. What's no to like!
October 31, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: The Matrix is not just full of incredible themes and concepts, it's also a very creative way to portray them. It's done excellently too, to the extent where you genuinely feel immersed in this perception of 'reality.' Once your there though, it could have easily been boring, but luckily this is a hugely fun piece of film as well thanks to some mind-bending action and great visual effects.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: The characters are less in themselves, and more tools for telling this imaginative dream-story. This means you can't get too attached to the events that unfold.
VERDICT: It's something that's aged well yet that was completely fresh in its time - 'The Matrix' is quirky, clever and sits on a whole new level of cool.
October 30, 2016
Neo, a young computer genius, is searching for answers although not quite sure what, always having believed that something wasn't right with the world we live in. His search is fruitless until one day a message appears on his computer screen, telling him to follow the white rabbit.

Gripping, explosive and imaginative, this film goes for the jugular and never lets go.
October 22, 2016
161022: Considering the age of this film, it's still pretty damn good. Entertaining action, beaucoup martial arts and firearms galore. The special effects show well and I didn't mind Keanu Reeves as much as the first time. Still absolutely love Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving). He makes this film fun.
October 18, 2016
Agent Smith approve this review:
Second best 90s action movie behind Terminator 2!!!! Sequels suck!!!
½ October 15, 2016
Ingenious with it's creative and complicated premise and an original hero story. "I Would Quote This Movie"
October 6, 2016
I jus remember I love it
½ October 1, 2016
Instant classic that brought filmmaking into the 21st century. It's philosophy is not as deep as some would have liked to pretend, but it's clever, and used to create a thrilling action film with some great characters, themes, technological innovations.
September 30, 2016
Best action movie of all-time alongside Raiders Of The Lost Ark. The Matrix is such a revolution on its own, that is is hard to describe such a phenomenon. It will go down in history as an equal to Star Wars in terms of influence, when it comes to filmmaking and special effects.
September 27, 2016
Classic sci fi movie. Very imaginative idea. I loved this film. Well done.
September 25, 2016
You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind.
September 25, 2016
Violent, but stylish mindbending Sci-fi film. It set a landmark for special effects thereafter.
September 21, 2016
I feel I am being very generous with my 3 Star rating. The concept is great and could have made for a much better movie. Though once you combine the subpar plot with the 20 year old special effects, the film becomes increasingly more difficult to genuinely recommend.
September 18, 2016
A movie with all of the action, character development, plot twists, and depth that you could ask for in a sci-fi flick. Overall, the perfect movie.
September 7, 2016
From the costumes, to the music, to the slow motion sequences, The Matrix is one of the most iconic movies of the 90s because it is one of the best.
½ August 23, 2016
This movie is just great and an instant classic. Mysterious, mind-boggling and very original: it set the stage for many other movies who felt inspired by it. I'll take the red pill for this one.
½ August 21, 2016
Sure, it's got great action, direction, and story--but it's characters are shoddily written cardboard cutouts.