The Matrix - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Matrix Reviews

June 22, 2017
This movie implicates many factors such as the numbers and what people are thinking when they are facing with hardships. It dealt with human natures.
I really liked that.
June 21, 2017
I'm usually not a fan of films with ensemble casts -- but this one makes it work!! The Matrix makes so many things that should never work, work. And they work so well. Blame it on nostalgia I don't care I can watch this movie so many times and it keeps getting better.
June 21, 2017
This movie has one the best storylines ever! I loved how it made me question if the Matrix is real and I loved the special effects used. It's a movie with a strong message about how society lives their lives believing that everything they see is real and there is nothing beyond our existence. They live without realizing there is something wrong in the world and there need to be changes. This is absolutely a must-see.
½ June 18, 2017
Great plot, great acting, and great action leads to one of the best action films of all time
June 17, 2017
The Matrix doesn't live up to the same sci-fi standards as Jurassic Park, Terminator or Total Recall. The movie makes it out that there's an incredibly great story to how machines have assimilated humans into a realistic stimulation of a world, but instead fills up a majority of the screen time with action, bullets and guns (stacks of thousands of guns I might add), and much of the premise is derivative of earlier sci-fi works. Overall, I suppose the movie's best strength is its special effects.
June 15, 2017
the best movie ever!!!
June 7, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: 'The Matrix' is mostly a success because of its beautifully innovative thematic story, but it also works because all of that is delivered with an edge and creativity to engage a whole range of audiences. Yes with the Wachowskis' wonderful innovation comes an all-consuming surrounding world that immerses you in the film's brilliant perception of reality to an extent that few other films manage - something that's all the more impressive when you consider how ambitious it really is. Once you're hooked though, it equally ducks any chances of losing you as it packs bags of hugely fun set pieces and truly mind-bending action and visual effects.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: The characters are less important in themselves, and more serve as tools for advancing this awesome thematic journey. That's all well and good, but it does mean you can't get too emotionally attached to the events that unfold
VERDICT: A thematic masterpiece that engages because it's just so innovative and down right cool - 'The Matrix' has aged well for all the right reasons
June 6, 2017
"I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you."
June 6, 2017
Kick-starting the mind-bending trilogy, The Matrix is one of the best action movies ever and will make you question everything around you to boot.
June 2, 2017
Just super cool, even today! Love the way both Fishburne and Weaving talk! Super cool! And the scene of Neo and Trinity in the lobby where Morpheus is being held is awesome! I could, and will, watch this again and again!
May 30, 2017
Best. Movie. Ever. 'Nuff Said.
½ May 28, 2017
Groundbreaking at the time of its release, The Matrix Still holds up today, save for a few effects here and there. Endlessly entertaining and one of Reeves' best films. Hugo Weaving's Agent Smith is one of my personal favorite movie villains.
May 27, 2017
i know, i cant believe i havent seen it either..lol
May 10, 2017
here is my number one here is the best what can i say fantastic
April 30, 2017
Back when The Matrix was released, people around the world were blown away from it by several different reasons. One being the plot. It is about a hacker named Thomas 'Neo' Anderson (Keanu Reeves) who is awakened to the truth when he learns about the matrix which is a virtual reality concept that us humans live in, so that we can give off energy to the AI system that it is ran by. Neo, throughout the movie, he is known as The One. The chosen one that is called to save humanity from the Matrix. So he must learn how martial arts to fight against Agent Smith. (Hugo Weaving) who a man who stabilizes the matrix. This movie is completely right on so many levels. The Wachowskis' knew what they were doing when they made it, and in a result, they broke grounds with 'bullet-time' and revived slow-motion. This masterwork also went into deep, philosophical references on many subjects as far as humanity. These ground-breaking filmmaking trends have dominated pop-culture. It came out in 1999 and it is just as iconic today.
Over all, The Matrix is one of the best sci-fi action films of all time. 5/5 stars
April 27, 2017
Apart from being a visually stunning action movie, few realize this film redefined and changed our perception of reality forever. In my opinion, this is the best cinema product ever made, hands down.
April 25, 2017
You can keep both pills ill just take my money back
April 24, 2017
While a not very well done performance is done by Keanu Reeves, The Matrix makes up for that in a film full of action, technological advancments in film
½ April 22, 2017
While I was still entertained by this film, I think it is a kind of overrated. I don't see it as innovative as many people say it is, because a lot of this stuff has been done in movies before this one, but in terms of entertainment, this is a fun film to watch. Also I wish Neo and Trinity had a bit more character and chemistry if they are going to be out main romantic leads. I see this movie similar to how I saw the first Star Wars movie. It's a film that payed homage to films before hand and tried to create their own entertaining world. (Though sadly this is no Star Wars for me)
½ April 19, 2017
Wooden acting, and some obvious effects shows, but after all these years, this flick still kicks ass!