The Matrix - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Matrix Reviews

October 22, 2016
161022: Considering the age of this film, it's still pretty damn good. Entertaining action, beaucoup martial arts and firearms galore. The special effects show well and I didn't mind Keanu Reeves as much as the first time. Still absolutely love Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving). He makes this film fun.
October 18, 2016
Agent Smith approve this review:
Second best 90s action movie behind Terminator 2!!!! Sequels suck!!!
½ October 15, 2016
Ingenious with it's creative and complicated premise and an original hero story. "I Would Quote This Movie"
October 6, 2016
I jus remember I love it
½ October 1, 2016
Instant classic that brought filmmaking into the 21st century. It's philosophy is not as deep as some would have liked to pretend, but it's clever, and used to create a thrilling action film with some great characters, themes, technological innovations.
September 30, 2016
Best action movie of all-time alongside Raiders Of The Lost Ark. The Matrix is such a revolution on its own, that is is hard to describe such a phenomenon. It will go down in history as an equal to Star Wars in terms of influence, when it comes to filmmaking and special effects.
September 27, 2016
Classic sci fi movie. Very imaginative idea. I loved this film. Well done.
September 25, 2016
You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind.
September 25, 2016
Violent, but stylish mindbending Sci-fi film. It set a landmark for special effects thereafter.
September 21, 2016
I feel I am being very generous with my 3 Star rating. The concept is great and could have made for a much better movie. Though once you combine the subpar plot with the 20 year old special effects, the film becomes increasingly more difficult to genuinely recommend.
September 18, 2016
A movie with all of the action, character development, plot twists, and depth that you could ask for in a sci-fi flick. Overall, the perfect movie.
September 7, 2016
From the costumes, to the music, to the slow motion sequences, The Matrix is one of the most iconic movies of the 90s because it is one of the best.
½ August 23, 2016
This movie is just great and an instant classic. Mysterious, mind-boggling and very original: it set the stage for many other movies who felt inspired by it. I'll take the red pill for this one.
½ August 21, 2016
Sure, it's got great action, direction, and story--but it's characters are shoddily written cardboard cutouts.
August 21, 2016
A really good movie, I loved it.
August 20, 2016
All time best movie!
August 18, 2016
Breakthrough movie, initiated a new order for sci-fi, action, thriller, drama and all movies wanting to do anything with CGI. Made you wonder if life was real when you walked outside. Incredible.
August 17, 2016
96% - The Matrix is one of the best Sci-Fi action movies of all time. It is a film that is so consistent with its story and action that there is nothing much more to ask for. The film's stylized action sequences and top-notch visual effects make it a true masterpiece.
½ August 16, 2016
Stunning effects , good acting and directing , the story very entertaining
August 14, 2016
Thrilling action, impressive visual effects, pulse-pounding fight scenes. All combine to make the best Sci-Fi movie of the 1990's. This movie also showcases Keanu Reeves at his best, after this movie, he was no longer America's favourite bad actor, he was Neo. This movie is clearly Awesometacular.