The Matrix Reviews

• 3h ago

I love this movie. The general idea it's clear, even though the movie has a confusing vibe in the beggining, everything actually makes sense in the end. The acting is amazing, the characters are really well portrayed. The one thing I deslike about the movie it's how Trinity seens to fall in love out of nowhere. The love story between her and Neo never really develops and they barely talk, but they still fall in love with eachother somehow. Despite that, the plot is really amazing.

• 2d ago

20 years later, i still can't think of any movie quite as groundbreaking and stylish as this movie. At the time it came out, there was nothing quite like it. The story is so uniquely original, that many who lean to the more conspiratorial inclinations, have assumed "the matrix" as gospel for our own reality. It's a film i never get tired of watching again. There is always more detail to uncover, if not in the visual style of this film, then in the many philosophical messages it conveys. This film is a rarity. It is true brilliance, possibly too great for many to comprehend.

• 6d ago

I recall when this came out how mind blowing it was. The concept and the visuals are quite stunning, especially given this was done before the turn of the century. Possibly prophetic, it is interesting how the Agent describes the end of the 20th century as the pinnacle of human civilization - given that just a few years later the economy collapsed, the forever wars started, and all the Millennials can't find jobs. Not to mention all the AI stuff going on right now. There are some problems with this film - the trench coats getting progressively longer and more Dracula-esque come to mind, some minor pacing issues (easily forgiven), and why so much martial arts and wirework? They can literally bend reality, and the best they can do is hit someone with their fists? But the REAL problem I have with this movie is the morality tale. You are being lied to - what you think is reality is not - so far so good. The answer? Go Columbine on the world? They aren't woke, so shoot them in the face? That is messed up.

• Jun 16, 2019

It's the masterpiece

It's the masterpiece

• Jun 15, 2019

Es de de acción,es tecnológica , es todo lo queremos ver más en una película tiene grandes secuencias de acción la peli es para disfrutarla me gusto

• Jun 08, 2019

An absolute classic that will never die.

An absolute classic that will never die.

• Jun 02, 2019

I haven't watched "The Matrix" probably since it was first released so I caught it on Netflix. And let me state this - it isn't all that. SPOILER ALERTS Don't get me wrong - the movie has a lot of great to near great elements. Fantastic scenery, great acting, kick-a** fight scenes. Yet, upon second viewing, the whole story line is just totally lacking. The whole concept of AI taking over the world and then using humans as their biological battery source could be believable. But, why not just use other animals, insects or plant based organism to do the same? Or, why not just make the humans with little to no brain function so there is no reason to create and maintain this whole artificial world? Unfortunately, once you question that whole aspect of the film, it all kinds of falls apart. Then, as a computer program the whole concept of "The Matrix" is kind of silly. You would think that once the 'real' humans know they're hooked in to a program, they could all just ignore all the artificial constructs and have superhuman powers. Finally, the whole saviour complex with Neo is just such a worn and tired trope in so many sci-fi and other movie genres. Granted, "The Matrix" may have been an earlier user of it in this type of film, but "The Matrix" now suffers from this overused plot element not holding up very well. Overall, "The Matrix" is above average and worth catching at least once, especially for the style it spawned. Yet, it is far from deserving of the high praise it gets.

• May 30, 2019

One of the best films ever made.

One of the best films ever made.

• May 25, 2019

Such a good movie! This deserves more than 85%, with all of the awesome karate fights and graphics, this deserves a 100%. When I first watched this when I was 9, I imagined myself dodging bullets like in this movie! This is a good Keanu Reeves movie and I suggest this to fan of John Wick and more of his fans.

• May 25, 2019