The Matrix Revolutions - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Matrix Revolutions Reviews

½ January 15, 2018
The best word to describe Matrix Revolutions is disappointing. From feeling like it was rushed in production, the battle of Zion feeling very over the top, and even the unnecessary death of some characters, this movie doesn't live up to the hype that the two other movies tried to make it. If you where to watch these three movie just don't bother with this one. Honestly they could have just made this franchise a two parter by just putting all of the good scene in this one in Reloaded and taking out all the bad in reloaded that would have been better then this. Easily this is the worst of the trilogy.
January 14, 2018
The Matrix series wasn't that good to begin with. Luckily this movie is probably the final nail in the coffin for any potential sequels, prequels, or remakes.....
½ January 11, 2018
its just another awful sequl
January 7, 2018
O Mas Fraco Da Trilogia. Mas Continua Sendo Um Bom Filme,Mas Mesmo Assim É Um Bom Entretenimento
January 5, 2018
Sempre será o melhor.
½ December 30, 2017
I hated how the Matrix saga ended when I first saw this.

I think the sub-terrainian rave scene made me spew.

But in hindsight, the actual plot, if you paid any attention, was always about the actual humans and their conflict with the actual robots. It was inevitable that to conclude the actual storyline, there had to be a movie about that.

Nevertheless, the movie ended up being more about the "terminator" man vs machine battle, than it was about using the Sci-Fi genre to explore the big questions, which was disappointing.
December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Nunca le tuve fe a esta trilogía, pero bueno, una de las peores maneras de concluir una saga con un gran potencial, sin tener en cuenta lo saturados que estamos de esta temática.
½ November 25, 2017
I don't know what's so "disappointing" about this third installment comparing to the second one. To me it's practically the same, like two parts of one story (which they are actually). But, it's true, it's even more CGI-ed than "Reloaded".
November 14, 2017
Even though The Matrix Revolution is one of the poor movies in the series, I still kind of like it. Yes, the strong plot is gone and the ending of the movie is really disappointing, but the characters still remain their coolness and the final battle between Neo and Smith is completely awesome. I thought this sequel was OK.
October 31, 2017
Should've taken the blue pill
October 28, 2017
Not a fan of the first movie, the second was worse, and this is even worse than that. As with the second movie, the whole plot just seems like an excuse for several well-choreographed but dull fight scenes in slow motion, complete with impossible moves and such. Very dull and pointless.
October 23, 2017
Matrix Revolutions: A dissapointing end to the matrix trilogy where characters and ideas take back seat to mindless, and boring action.
½ October 13, 2017
Haven't watched this movie since I saw it on its premier date and just remember it was one of the top 3 most disappointing theater experiences I have ever had and don't dare to relive that experience by rewatching it.
October 13, 2017
A review for Ollie and Eric. Bad movie. Really bad.
October 12, 2017
My all time favorite movie. Rotten Tomatoes is sorely wrong about this film.
October 7, 2017
I may be interested in seeing matrix reloaded but not this one.
½ September 23, 2017
A disappointing end to a once great trilogy. Over stuffed with action and a weak narrative crushes all hopes for a good second sequel.
September 2, 2017
The 1999 generation were too blown away by the first Matrix to really give this a chance. They built up their perfect closing chapter in their heads and in return tore apart an above average, masterfully crafted trilogy finale. It's best seen immediately after Reloaded as "chapter 2" of the 2-part story. The film is magnificent. The pace for the first 30 minutes is thrilling. I loved Captain Rolan and a dejected Morpheus. The chase between the Sentinels and the Hammer is one of the most impressive sequences ever put to film. I loved the resolution between Neo and Bane. It seamlessly builds to an enjoyable battle for Zion. But everything builds to a rousing 3rd act as Neo and Trinity must break grounds and enter the Machine world with an almost 0% chance of succeeding. While the final scene fell flat for me, the whole 3rd act is a masterpiece of science fiction. I'm glad to hear that the sequels are being very well received by a new generation of viewers. They were 2 films that were never going to be accepted by the original generation that saw Matrix 1 as a life changing experience. They were literally ahead of their time.
August 13, 2017
Terrible boring matrix movie.
August 12, 2017
Plagued by the same confusing and convoluted themes that started to peak out in Reloaded, Revolutions is honestly one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen, which is both a good and a bad thing at the same time. The Jesus symbolism, which briefly appeared in the first two films, has been dialed up to eleven, and the film suffers as a result. As in Reloaded, all the action with Neo involved is honestly just boring and has no real tension. The final confrontation between Neo and Agent Smith is criminally underwhelming and anticlimactic. I was hoping to see Neo fight thousands or even millions of Agent Smiths, and those hopes died with the line "That's why the rest of me is going to watch." On the other hand, Hugo Weaving's performance is just as menacing as the first two films, and Laurence Fishburne also gives a strong performance. All the action that doesn't involve Neo is entertaining and underrated, especially the final battle for Zion.