The Matrix Revolutions - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Matrix Revolutions Reviews

May 16, 2017
Despite challenging well established tropes and conventions, it manages to get across a primal truth: that politics is a game of compromise. Doing the right thing isn't only hard - it's also seldom noticed or significant in the grand scheme of things.

This futility need not lead one to disappointment, however. For it can also instill a sense of humbleness. And, by extention, the capacity for true self forgiveness.
½ April 19, 2017
There is no forgiveness for that annoying young citizen when he runs in to the temple and makes everyone assume that the war is over, Neo saved them! Uuugghh!! Doesn't it make you want to punch him, or what!?
April 14, 2017
A revolutionary trilogy ends with a visually stunning but horribly paced epilogue to the previous movie. We pick up where we left off at the end of The Matrix Reloaded: Neo (Keanu Reeves) in a coma alongside Bane (Ian Bliss) who is actually a copy of Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving) going commando to the real world. Meanwhile, Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne), Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) and the rest of Zion get ready for the final battle to end the war. Meanwhile in the Matrix itself, Neo is wandering around, but long story short, gets back to reality after a philosophical conversation. Neo and Bane wake up, and what follows is what really could have been the second half of a Matrix sequel constructed from Reloaded and this one. Let me explain: Reloaded was the preparation for the battle at Zion, and this was that battle and the conclusion of Neo's character arc for the whole trilogy. These two movies could be edited into one movie lasting 2.75-3 hours when you cut from both, and would have made sense. As a result, this movie's pacing is inconsistent, going from slow build-up to maybe catch the viewer up if they had only seen the first two when each were released. Long story short, it loads really fast, then slow, then fast, like a computer with an inconsistent connection, and it's as annoying as that. Otherwise, the plot coherently wrapped up the story of Neo in a neat little package with a few loose ends should Warner Bros. demand a "Matrix Rebooted" or some other movie. On the bright side, I can happily say I finally came to care about the main cast after three movies. If you think of the trilogy as one story (especially the second and third as two halves of the second half) then this is where Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and one or two others are really characters you care about. It also helps they're shown with more of a sense of humor than they had in the first one. They manage to change the way I see the characters, but what remains consistent are the amazing visual effects, whether it be the last Matrix fights, the Zion battle, etc, the Wachowskis give us a parting gift in the form of all-out CGI fights that work where they're placed. However, in the final battle, I have to say their lightning use was excessive to the point I'm still squinting from it as a result (and I thought JJ Abrams has a problem with lens flares). Also, there was some obvious product placement in the train station early on. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but in the world of the Matrix, it felt so out of place, seeing a Powerade poster in a train station in the Matrix itself really took me out of it. I'll give them this though: they had it in green, just like the lighting tone they kept for the Matrix scenes, to remind us which reality we're seeing. What also distinguishes the realities is Don Davis' soundtrack, which does what it's been doing since before Neo took the red pill: conveying the appropriate emotions at the right times. Overall, The Matrix Revolutions is a sloppily paced, and visually stunning-yet-hard-to-look-at-sometimes end to an otherwise grand, deep, philosophical Matrix trilogy, with the characters finally becoming ones I can say "I care if this happens to that character or not." Not every trilogy ends on a high note, but some end on lower ones than others.
April 2, 2017
En-lightening round.
March 25, 2017
the ideas and zion where lame. the visuals where ok. too bad it was not better.
whould have been more interesting to see neo fighting random smiths untill the oracle asimillation came to nearly kill him over stupid zion battle where the humans where sitting ducks for the machines.
March 5, 2017
Great movie... i love the whole series
½ March 5, 2017
The most forgettable among the three movies, Revolutions may still be action-packed and visually impressive, but there is no other way to describe this than stale and derivative.
March 1, 2017
Rating: 63%
The Matrix Revolutions decently ties up the everything we've seen in the franchise, even though its story and people-vs-machine action aren't very compelling.
½ February 26, 2017
Like it's predecessor, the final installment of The Matrix trilogy is overcomplicated in plot, yet even more excessive in CGI. The entire 2nd half of the film is a huge barrage of special effects, and while it's not a huge bore, the brilliant choreography has been sacrificed in it's place; save for the final battle between Mr. Anderson and Mr. Smith, and it's always a pleasure watching the two stars square off. Fun moments aside, it feels overlong like Reloaded and is just as unnecessary.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 15, 2017
Nota: 3.6/10 - 2.4/5
January 13, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Nunca le tuve fe a esta trilogía, pero bueno, una de las peores maneras de concluir una saga con un gran potencial, sin tener en cuenta lo saturados que estamos de esta temática.
½ January 10, 2017
I barely remember anything about this film.
½ November 11, 2016
161111: Now I'm a bit torn because I said I'd put Reloaded (2003) into the garage sale pile; and did. This film, though rated lower on Flixster than its predecessor, is much better from a simple entertainment perspective. It has some amazing battle scenes between the machines and humans but forgoes most of the filler I hated in Reloaded. Though it stalls briefly when Neo and Trinity have a romantic moment, Revolutions picks back up for the confrontation between Neo and Agent Smith. Both stages of this war between machines and humans are fun in their own unique way featuring fantastic special effects and weapons. Caused me research and read the storylines for a better understanding of the franchise. Fun, fun.
October 8, 2016
3 out of 5 stars. This is the weakest of the Matrix trilogy, but it does have some good aspects. It could have been greatly improved by cutting out about 30 minutes of the Zion scenes and battles and switched out for more scenes with Neo and/or in the Matrix. The Zion scenes and battle in the middle of the film really dragged the story down and took away from what people really cared about and really enjoyed about part 1 and 2. The Zion scenes definitely served an important purpose to the story, but it could have been told more concisely and had less focus. All in all "The Matrix Trilogy" is a classic trilogy and as a whole gets 4 out of 5 stars, mostly based on the incredible strength of the first classic film and the fairly strong second film, but the 3rd drags it down from a potentially 4 1/2 - 5 star trilogy.
October 1, 2016
Ending Trilogies is hard work, especially early ones. The very last scene is where the film really fails, as well as this one becomes excessively heavy-handed.
September 7, 2016
Without spoilers I'll just say that they are definitely getting carried away with themselves at this point, and it hurts the movie. Nevertheless, it is still a good fun finish to an epic franchise.
August 15, 2016
a dissapointing finish.. I'd prefer a reboot start by overwriting this film. Decent sci-fi action.
½ August 8, 2016
While the film is disappointing at times (and not quite the conclusion to the trilogy most audiences wanted), The Matrix Revolutions is still sure to please Matrix fans with some great special effects and action sequences (that final battle may be ripped off of Dragon Ball Z but IMO, who cares?). Also, that music in the final action sequence between Neo and Smith was nevertheless pure cinematic gold.
½ August 5, 2016
not nearly as good as the previous two. most of the action was forgettable. the war scene completely detracted from the main story of the movie (ie neo). there were only a few good action scenes, a couple early, and the final fight was epic (about 3 viewings)