Men in Black III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Men in Black III Reviews

½ July 25, 2016
This is an experimental level on why you should watch this film because it's worth the time.
The CGI was better than the 2nd, The Movie Itself is better than the 2nd, I Like Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones as Actors.
But I Don't Know about Josh Brolin.

I only hated the CGI!

I gotta say This Is Better than MIB 2 Not as good as MIB.

Score: 7.5/10
½ July 21, 2016
it was good its a good story
July 19, 2016
An enjoyable but forgettable sequel that doesn't bring anything new to the series. This time we don't have so much of that onscreen chemistry between Smith and Jones (who is absent during most of the film), but Brolin steals the show as a younger version of Jones.
July 15, 2016
It's been a long while since I saw MIB2, so I can't remember a thing with what happened previously(not that it really mattered here). I had very low expectations which is why I didn't see this when it originally came out, but it ended up being better than I anticipated. It has flaws, like some pretty big plot holes in fact, but if you ignore them and just enjoy it as a silly sci-fi action comedy like the previous two it's actually not bad. The bad guy reminded me of a British version of Randy 'Macho Man' Savage which was amusing and Josh Brolin really nailed the younger version of K.
July 12, 2016
Josh Brolin's performance was just amazing
½ July 4, 2016
It's a totally unnecessary sequel, but I have to admit it is pretty good fun. Both Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are funny, but the standout is Josh Brolin as young Agent K. The visual effects are decent and some of the action is fun to watch. It doesn't make a lot of sense and it is not without flaws, but overall I found myself really enjoying Men In Black 3. It's not perfect and it certainly is forgettable, but it is much more entertaining than I thought it was going to be.
June 29, 2016
I wish tommy lee jones was in this movie more but it's still good. this is so much better than the 2nd one and is enjoyable
½ June 28, 2016
A pretty okay film, which is pretty surprising. Tommy Lee Jones seems a little tired of the franchise, which turns out to be okay because he's barely in the film. Smith follows an alien into the past to prevent Jones's assassination, and Josh Brolin plays the young Jones. He's pretty damn good at it too. Who's even better is Jemaine Clement as the alien assassin (his catch phrase is "Let's agree to disagree!"). If you don't like the franchise, you won't like the film, but if it's formula of mildly amusing comedic action and a lot of special effects seems okay to you, this one probably going to seem just as okay.
½ June 24, 2016
Excellent movie but the falling off the building and scenes like it left me queasy.
June 18, 2016
A Brilliant 3rd part, Bigger but only just better than the first 2, Not as many laughs but still funny, The effects were brilliant but the 3D wasn't really needed, Worth watching if a fan of the series and a very unexpected moving ending helps the film allot too.
June 13, 2016
Men in Black III is the greatest ending to a perfect trilogy. This movie is action packed and has tons of laughs. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ June 11, 2016
I have to admit when walking into this movie I wasn't expecting much, but in the end it's a decent addition in the Men in Black trilogy that gracefully surpasses it's predecessor but not it's predecessor's predecessor. It has good performances, especially from Josh Brolin as young Agent K, good special effects, and has good comedy and an acceptable story, unlike it's predecessor. So, in the end it's a fun comedy that revives the Men in Black trilogy and is entertaining enough to watch again.
½ June 1, 2016
We are the best kept secret in the universe. Our mission is to monitor extraterrestrial activity on Earth. We are your best, last, and only line of defense. We work in secret. We exist in shadow. And we dress in black! We are the Men in Black.

We are the worst kept secret in the universe. Our mission is to expose trite offerings from Hollywood. We are the harshest, toughest, and least forgiving line of attack. We work in public. We exist everywhere. And we judge your work! We are film critics.

As cliché as that opening is; so is Men in Black 3.

When the last known member of the deadly Boglodite race, Boris the Animal (Jermaine Clement) escapes from lunar prison his intentions are simple. Returning to earth Boris steals the forbidden ability to time-travel and heads back to the year of his incarceration 1969 and kill his captor, Agent K.

By killing him in 1969, Boris erases all trace of influence left by sharp tongued Agent K (Tommy Lee Jones) years in service. As K was never present to put in place the mystical shield that protects earth from Boglodite invasion, the new present world faces imminent inhalation.

Disorientated by the space-time displacement, Agent J (Will Smith) heads into the office to find out his partner is long dead. Confused by his inexplicable memories and desperate for an answer to their situation, MIB commander Agent O (Emma Thompson) allows J to engage in a reconicence mission to the same era.

Instructed that the only wormhole left is to jump of the top peak of NYC's Chrysler building; J reluctantly takes the leap of faith, plummeting to the ground he lands in a very retro and socially motivated 1969, just one day before the US's Apollo space launch.

Warned that his presence in this time could change the future even further, J seeks out the assistance of a MIB friendly able to predict possible outcomes known as Griffin (Michael Stuhlbarg). But when the younger K (Josh Brolin) becomes involved, the operation reaches a whole new level of complicated.

Where MIB1 was a rare creature with its sardonic comedy, lively plot, amazing aliens from FX master Rick Baker and unforgettable characters; MIB 2 was indulgent blockbuster money grabbing drivel. MIB3 attempts to redeem the franchise and seize every opportunity to add real substance bad sadly amounts to a frustratingly listless endeavor.

Arriving 15 years after the original and 10 years after the sequel, director Barry Sonnenfeld returns for one more piece of the box office pie. Known for his imitation-is-the-sincerest-form emulation of fellow director's style, Sonnenfeld's offerings often have a familiar feel but eventuate to naught feelings, this is once again true and highlighted by is amateurish stance on the particulars of time travel.

As the somewhat revolting CGI and vertigo inducing 3D clash generationally with a retro sixties vibe and wry historical references, things just never seem to gel in its contemporary Manhattan locale. In saying that, it is nice to finally get a hint at reasoning to why Agent J was engaged in MIB in the first place, get an insight into why Agent K is the curmudgeon he is and see the extent to which MIB has supposedly influenced the ages.

The ever likeable and eternally bankable Smith attempts to tap into his usual quirky charm but comes across needy. The aged ever gruff and straight-for-the-jugular Jones seems genuinely disinterested and miserable and being called back to duty, while the adaptable Brolin is brilliant outwardly enjoying every onscreen moment mimicking Jones' posture, body language and distinct voice to perfection.

Thespian Thompson is woefully underutilized as Agent O but does get a memorable and gratifying moment of silliness. The villain that is Clement is both vile and vivid in equal measure whilst Stuhlbarg is great as the precognitive 5th dimensional Griffin.

The Verdict: Although based in flawed logic and never truly engaging viewers, MIB3 with its underlying conservatism is a series of passable gags and adequate action sequences delivering a superfluous but moderately enjoyable sequel.

Published: The Queanbeyan Age
Date of Publication: 08/06/2012
May 29, 2016
will Smith was so funny
May 17, 2016
as good as the first one
May 13, 2016
PHENOMENAL storyline!
½ May 2, 2016
I love men in black movie, I love time travel story, and this is the movie that have all the ingredient for a good movie. Humor, brilliant, nicely written scrip, plus a pinch of salt, there's go MIB3.
April 24, 2016
Es cierto que en comparación a la primera parte, muy satírica y con una mala leche que daba miedo, esta tercera es un tanto insustancial. Pero claro, luego la comparas con la segunda...y es que parece una obra de arte.

Lamentablemente es una de esas películas que se olvidan poco después de verlas a pesar de lo bien que estén, especialmente gracias a su reparto.

Quizás le dé otra oportunidad en el futuro
½ April 21, 2016
Fun, energetic and the time travel gimmick did work. Josh Brolin was a fantastic addition making K his own with a subtle impersonation of Tommy Lee Jones that does wonders. As a plot, it is still as thin as the first two editions with no new innovation to the special effects, gadgets or weaponry.

Boris The Animal, an alien assassin who was captured by K (Tommy Lee Jones/Josh Brolin) escapes from a maximum security prison on Moon. Boris vows to avenge his loss of limb caused by K. He plans to go back in time before K does the damage and kill him. When K goes missing from the present, it is left with Agent J (Will Smith) to correct the past.

What it does to best is to sticking to its basics on what worked before and adding a fantastic addition in Josh Brolin. I get it that Apollo 11 is one of the most remarkable milestones in human history, but the Hollywood's obsession to revel on this period makes it a little been there already so many times feel. Maybe it allows them to add those loopy bits of music in their soundtrack which otherwise might not fit in contemporary stuff. The main antagonist has the required buildup and motivation but lacks the superpowers to make him formidable. Emma Thompson and Alice Eve who play older and younger Agent O respectively had very little to do going by what they can do.

A more energetic, simple and fast paced addition to a faded franchise
½ March 27, 2016
When the world is lost the only thing hat can save them... the plot of Terminator 2 (Kinda of)