Men in Black III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Men in Black III Reviews

April 23, 2018
It took me a few years to watch it, but I must say I thought it was pretty good.
½ April 19, 2018
awfully unfunny and crappy plot. will smith tries so hard but the script falls flat. like johnny english 2, this is an extremely disappointing sequel and the juvenile script and monstrously boring storyline feels pointless and unoriginal.
the special effects suck and tommy lee jones looks like a wax model due to his overdone makeup. the fight scenes look fake. in the end, smarter jokes are needed.
March 31, 2018
Yes, it's better than it's predecessor but that doesn't mean it's a great film. "Men in Black III" is ok at best.
½ March 30, 2018
When a fearsome convict known as Boris the Animal (Jemaine Clement) escapes from jail, goes back in time and kills Agent K (Tommy Lee Jones), Agent J (Will Smith) finds his whole world turned upside down. After being assigned by the new MIB Chief, Agent O (Emma Thompson) to fix the time rift, J ends up back in 1969 where he must convince K's younger self (Josh Brolin) to work with him, to stop Boris from wiping out both humanity and K's whole existance as a whole...

After a decade's absence, Men in Black 3's script comes close to recapturing the wit and heart of the first film, despite the massive plotholes revolving around the rules of time-travel and the lack of originality with the arc revolving around Boris the Animal being a direct copy of Edgar the Bug's arc from the first film.

However the inventive production design of the MIB world in both 2012 and 1969, Josh Brolin doing an extremely good job as a younger Agent K, and a genuinely surprising plot twist in the climax that not only gives a new meaning to K and J's relationship, but also wraps up the Men in Black trilogy in a satisfing way, does manage to set this film on a much higher pedestal than the dissappointing second film, although not all of the jokes work. Overall, a satisfying conclusion that doesn't require your mind being wiped.
michael e.
March 29, 2018
MIB3 takes place 14 years after the events of the first film and history has been altered by an escaped convict captured by agent K (Tommy Lee Jones) who went back in time and killed agent K in the past when he "attempted" to capture him. Agent J (Will Smith) is now going back in time to try and save K from being killed by this said alien.

Like with the other 2 MIB films, the films have extremely good CG and the designs of the aliens all look incredibly interesting and innovative and this movie is no exception in fact these aliens I think look the best out of the past aliens in the other two films. Mainly the main villain Boris the animal, mainly due to the fact that you get little glimpses of what he can do and some little hints of his true form but you never see him in his true alien form until the last 20 minutes and its only for a few seconds.

The main thing where this movie shines is in the acting. The acting compared to the other movies is incredibly well done and probably the best acting i've seen in a while in a film. The character interactions with J and the young K (Josh Brolin) is just hysterical and the two both work off each other very well in moving the plot along and are both just flat out entertaining to watch interact with each other and the other characters. Also Boris the animal is a very, very intimidating villain and my favorite of the villains in the three films. The sheer anger and enjoyment that is shown in this performance is just incredible and he is much more developed villain rather than in the second film or the villain in the first film who were majorly underdeveloped in my mind and just not that interesting. Sure they were intimating but they were never really interesting villains and were just there for the sake of being the villain. One performance that I really enjoyed though being only in the movie for only about 5 minutes was Bill Hader as Andy Warhol AKA Agent W. This performance, though very short is just flat out hilarious mainly due to how he interacts with Will Smiths character and how he hates his guts so much and how well he pulls off Andy Warhol so well and shifting from calm and cool to just a flat out dick in every sense of the word.

Overall MIB3 is a major improvement over the second film and to me is the best of the three films and yes I enjoy the first film but nowhere near as much as the third film. Its well acted, has a fantastic plot and has some great effects.

Final rating
4*S out of 5
February 25, 2018
Puntaje original: 6.0

Men in Black III responde preguntas que jamás te hiciste sobre los personajes principales, pero que aún así resulta una historia entretenida y memorable.
February 21, 2018
This movie overthrew the hurt in me left by Titan A.E. with its concept of the Arc Net Shield and saving much more than the Titan Project could save in its wildest dreams.
½ January 18, 2018
"Men in Black" does time travel. To be fair, the concept does bring a freshness to the franchise, but it would be a stretch to call this a neatly, carefully written movie. Josh Brolin was a very good choice as younger Tommy Lee Jones, Will Smith brings his charisma to the table once more and the action is fine but nothing particularly earth-shattering. Also, the twist at the end felt a bit like a desperate attempt at emotion.
January 4, 2018
8/10 Men in Black 3 is a significant improvement over MIB 2, and managed to be way better than I thought it would be, despite its flaws. I highly recommend it.
December 10, 2017
171210: This whole film was a deja vu moment. I swear I've seen it before. Weird. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get into it...this time. Had no feeling, until the end. I'm always a sucker for an ending that brings a tear to my eye. Nice way to close.
November 24, 2017
Better than the second movie, not as good as the first,but entertaining. Brolin is best part of the movie, playing a young K. His performance helps freshen it up a bit and not make it feel as stale as the second movie.
November 17, 2017
The third was just perfect. Men in black III was another yet again a fun and this time action packed sci-fi comedy film with a still awesome visual effects and of course same good and perfect performances from will smith and tommy lee Jones plus even josh brolin did awesome as well. Well done Barry sonnenfeld the third one was the best and I love the men in black films awesome job love it.
½ November 16, 2017
Took 15 years, but they finally made a worthy sequel.
½ November 13, 2017
Its never a good sign when you have to resort to a generic time travel plot for the third film, but Josh Brolin was a solid choice to play young Agent K.
November 4, 2017
awesome movie..only for will smith fans
½ October 29, 2017
I enjoyed this third much better than Men in Black 2, Let's agree to disagree as always.
October 12, 2017
Great movie, full of history best one!
September 30, 2017
Sweet! Please make a part four!
½ September 25, 2017
Very cleaverly made and very enjoyable
September 3, 2017
Me And My Brother Jesse Krajci Both Like Will Smith.