Mercury 13 Reviews

• Aug 30, 2018

Watch this if: You seek out true untold stories, and you're all about gender equality. Mercury 13, a documentary about the 13 women pilots who participated in an astronaut training program during the 1950s/1960s space race, shouldn't be a revolution to any of us. But it is. Until we watched this movie, we had no idea this program existed, or that NASA eventually barred these women from becoming astronauts. We were engaged by the storytelling, particularly the present-day interviews with some of the women, but we were also angry. This movie stoked a fire in our bellies and determination in our hearts not to let past decisions dictate the future.

• Jul 12, 2018

Started really well but the tailed off as the program lasted too short for an interesting story to develop. Would've been better with some more stories linked to the men's program at the same time too.

• May 13, 2018

Not as compelling as Hidden Figures, only because these women were literally shooting for the moon. Regardless it's important and interesting to learn about how the US got literally 15 years behind the Russians when it comes to women in space. THe film spares no punches when it comes to putting the blame squarely on NASA and the "boys club" that persists perhaps to this day.

• Apr 23, 2018

Wow! Fantastic flight cinematography and some incredible historic space film archive. Oh I do hope Mars will have a woman set foot on its surface!!

• Apr 22, 2018

In a time with movements such as Time's Up, more stories like this must be told. Let's keep it up!