Meru Reviews

• Apr 20, 2019

Excellent climbing documentary. Highly recommended.

Excellent climbing documentary. Highly recommended.

• Mar 09, 2019

Although not as compelling or spectacular as the documentary Chin and Vasarhelyi would make next, the achievement here is still awe inspiring and anxiety inducing in equal measure.

• Mar 02, 2019

Intensely beautiful and haunting. Making this climb is one thing, but filming it while doing so is insane. These are incredibly talented men, and I enjoyed this b film immensely.

• Feb 07, 2019

for a documentary, this story was put together really well absolutely amazing camera work interviews were great a surprising amount of character development that you dont normally see in documentaries some of the music and sound effects seemed unnecessary to convey the emotions they were trying to provoke

• Jul 26, 2018

An interesting documentary and not quite as predictable as I expected. It surprised me because it's more like two documentaries fused by a middle section that shows how life can go on after near miss. Ultimately, the goals that elude resolution never really leave us. The film is visually interesting and gives a sense of really being there, offering the rewards without having to do all the work.

• May 28, 2018

Gripping, powerful and poignant! An incredibly human experience shared by these three audacious adventurers. Highly recommended!!

• Feb 26, 2018

Seen it twice now, still awed beyond description. Confluence of the feat and the lives of the three climbers is unbelievable but then ... it's actually true. Still cannot figure out how Chin and Ozturk got some of the shots. Don't miss it.

• Feb 15, 2018

What drives these men? "Because it's there" merely scratches the surface. "Meru" may not answer the question completely - likely nothing can - but it is a thrilling, harrowing attempt.

• Feb 01, 2018

Think I would have enjoyed this a lot more when I was younger, but I didn't because I'm middle aged and grumpy now. I'm sorry but afluent middle class bell-ends making up adventures to go on isn't brave, even if it is impressive. As for Anker being some sort of modern day hero, his best mate died on a mountain so he started shagging his widow?! Wow what a great guy!

• Oct 15, 2017

A celebration of a rock climbing feat.

A celebration of a rock climbing feat.