Midnight Sun - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight Sun Reviews

March 13, 2019
It´┐ 1/2(TM)s a really nice movie, it creates awareness about a lesser known disease, plus it has a nice emotional story. All the actors, in my humble opinion, did great, they were able to convey all the emotions to us as viewers.
Well done
March 3, 2019
Very sweet and touching
½ February 24, 2019
Liked it for the fact that I was interested and cared about the characters but the story seemed simple. Good Sunday night movie.
½ February 21, 2019
Schwarzenegger and Thorne do a fine job.
February 3, 2019
A beautiful heartwarming romantic story.
A must see movie with amazing actors.
Definitely recomend to everyone.
½ January 17, 2019
A sweet and romantic story of star-crossed teenage lovers, in which everyone is far too casual about and accepting of the untimely death of an 18 year old.
January 8, 2019
Midnight Sun gives empathy with its characters and its real life desease.
½ January 4, 2019
One of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. Terrible lack of realism. Lack of respect for chronically and severely ill people.
January 3, 2019
the midnight sun is a tragic love story of a beautiful girl named Katie price and a handsome man named Charlie reed he loves her but she neglects to tell him about her rare sun disease they fall in love after they meet in a train station late at night and they go through some good and bad times but they are still in love
December 29, 2018
One of the best movies ever!!!
December 21, 2018
I loved this film. It made me laugh, cry and smile. Get your tissues ready because you WILL cry
½ December 9, 2018
After taking care of his daughter from a disease, the father suddenly decides to let her go outside just because she wants to go sailing with her boyfriend. After that, she dies. This could be the worst movie of 2018 but then i watched hereditary.
½ November 15, 2018
The worst movie I've ever seen
½ October 20, 2018
really sweet & nice movie.
September 19, 2018
It was a sweet movie, loving and romantic made me cry at the end.
½ September 9, 2018
This movie was heart warming and touching as well as sad. It is a bit like other teen romance movies but still a great movie overall.
September 6, 2018
Rating based on strength of original music including song "Walk With Me."
½ September 5, 2018
Liked it. Was ok. Plot was sooooo similar to "A Walk to Remember"
August 29, 2018
Is there a thing called an over used theme in the business of making movies? Definitely. But what matters is how the events unfold in the movie to ultimately bring out even the most over used themes. The ending is always inevitable and obvious. There are two possible outcomes. The one which is good and the one which is bad. Both of which become clear within the first fifteen minutes of actually watching the movie. If it's about a girl with a disease that won't allow her to go into the sun, either she doesn't go and she lives a happy life or she does and her condition gets the better of her. But what happens in between is what's worth watching. However, it is up to the person watching the movie to decide which ending the girl deserved. In Midnight Sun, Katy Price did not deserve the latter. But it's too late for that now. Another disease struck teenage romance cut short like The Fault In Our Stars. After all, they do say that the good die young. Too young, in fact. A real contradiction on today's idea of young love, this movie rightfully portrays that true love, infact, does exist. At least in a way the movie manages to bring out. It does an amazing job at knocking on the door of our young teenage hearts with it's ideal date destinations and romantic gestures. The soundtrack too is very nice, hitting just the right notes at the right places with it's acoustic performances and rather cliche but just sweet enough lyrics. It's not an album after all. And I guess the fact that the ending isn't what you wanted is also acceptable, if not suitable. Very little other movies tend to deliver the truth that maybe it doesn't always work out. Midnight Sun is definitely a movie worth watching, albeit with a box of tissues and the curtains all drawn so that the neighbours don't see you when you start crying like it's the end of the world, because after all it is the end of the world in such a beautifully crafted gem of a movie.
½ August 29, 2018