Midnight Sun - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight Sun Reviews

½ December 9, 2018
After taking care of his daughter from a disease, the father suddenly decides to let her go outside just because she wants to go sailing with her boyfriend. After that, she dies. This could be the worst movie of 2018 but then i watched hereditary.
½ November 15, 2018
The worst movie I've ever seen
½ October 20, 2018
really sweet & nice movie.
September 19, 2018
It was a sweet movie, loving and romantic made me cry at the end.
½ September 9, 2018
This movie was heart warming and touching as well as sad. It is a bit like other teen romance movies but still a great movie overall.
September 6, 2018
Rating based on strength of original music including song "Walk With Me."
½ September 5, 2018
Liked it. Was ok. Plot was sooooo similar to "A Walk to Remember"
August 29, 2018
Is there a thing called an over used theme in the business of making movies? Definitely. But what matters is how the events unfold in the movie to ultimately bring out even the most over used themes. The ending is always inevitable and obvious. There are two possible outcomes. The one which is good and the one which is bad. Both of which become clear within the first fifteen minutes of actually watching the movie. If it's about a girl with a disease that won't allow her to go into the sun, either she doesn't go and she lives a happy life or she does and her condition gets the better of her. But what happens in between is what's worth watching. However, it is up to the person watching the movie to decide which ending the girl deserved. In Midnight Sun, Katy Price did not deserve the latter. But it's too late for that now. Another disease struck teenage romance cut short like The Fault In Our Stars. After all, they do say that the good die young. Too young, in fact. A real contradiction on today's idea of young love, this movie rightfully portrays that true love, infact, does exist. At least in a way the movie manages to bring out. It does an amazing job at knocking on the door of our young teenage hearts with it's ideal date destinations and romantic gestures. The soundtrack too is very nice, hitting just the right notes at the right places with it's acoustic performances and rather cliche but just sweet enough lyrics. It's not an album after all. And I guess the fact that the ending isn't what you wanted is also acceptable, if not suitable. Very little other movies tend to deliver the truth that maybe it doesn't always work out. Midnight Sun is definitely a movie worth watching, albeit with a box of tissues and the curtains all drawn so that the neighbours don't see you when you start crying like it's the end of the world, because after all it is the end of the world in such a beautifully crafted gem of a movie.
½ August 29, 2018
8.29.18 library dvd @ home w/Sh
August 26, 2018
this meke me cry for the firs time great thing in love.
August 21, 2018
Unexpectedly moving. The 2018 version of "A Walk to Remember" .
August 20, 2018
Made me cry, so good.
August 7, 2018
This movie was absolutly a heart jerking tears a must need tissues for the last 15 minutes. I love how the movie and the romance starts and how the story line goes. I just wish Katy would have lived longer. Its a classic Nicholas spark movie
August 7, 2018
i cried like turtle. it was so fucking sad and beautiful and lovely.i really liked it and i hate romantic films normally
August 5, 2018
THIS IS THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER
I actually cried... and I never cry at movies!!
August 3, 2018
I enjoyed every bit of this movie.
July 30, 2018
A lot to say about this film, I took the liberty of making a pros and cons list so, let's begin. The cast in this movie, while their acting may not be great, are incredibly good looking. Patrick Schwarzenegger, for example, made this movie a lot easier to watch. A second pro is that on the end, this movie genuinely made me cry. I think that the intention were good leaving us with a true heartmelter as well as a tearjerker. Rob Riggle, who played Katie's (Thorne) dad, was such a good character. The stereotypical Dad was exactly what this movie needed. Excluding songs that were performed by Bella Thorne herself (sorry B), the soundtrack was pretty decent, one of my favorites being Where I Stand by Mia Wray. On the topic of singing, loved how Charlie (Schwarzenegger) thought Katie was a good singer when we ALL know she is not. Additionally, the friendship between Katie and Morgan (Quinn Shephard) was so heart warming, really makes you miss your best friend. Finally, the cute little addition that Katie was the one who contacted the Berkeley coach tied the whole movie together as Charlie was about to embark on a new journey but he now knew Katie would always be a part of it. Now on to the cons. There are so many plot holes that I have so many questions about. When did Katie die? Was it on the boat with Charlie, or shortly after? Weeks later? Did Katie die a virgin? When did Katie and Charlie establish that they were a couple? What is the time fran anyway, like were they dating for a few weeks? A month? How do you stay out until 5 am and not realize it's 5 am? If her mom's watch wasn't waterproof how did she shower with it? How did her mom take her outside before she died? There was little to no development surrounding the origins of Katie's XP. Also, her XP was very far off from the disease in real life, making it a hard plot line to swallow when you know there are people in the world suffering. Also why were there such random character developments that didn't need to happen. That 'bitch' Zoe (Tiera Skovbye), what's her story? Was she dating Charlie before he met Katie, because the beginning of the movie sure made it seem that way! All in all, my nit picky criticism should don't necessarily outweigh the fact that I thought it was really cute, I just would have appreciated those issues being cut out.
½ July 30, 2018
Best movie I've seen in a while! Not sure why rotten tomatoes has only rated it 17% but definitely wrong. It was great and if you watch it, make sure you have tissues because it is a tear jerker. Loved it and it's highly underrated by these other reviews!
July 23, 2018
Absolutley horrible. The entire movie was cringy, the acting was not great, and the ending was just so stupid. Also, romanticizing an actual illness and portraying it incorrectly? Seriously? I hate these movies that leech off of illnesses. I thought this one may be different and actually draw attention to the reality XP, but it definitely did not.
July 20, 2018
What's wrong with people ? This movie is quite good. I can say this movie is not the one make you think that it's the best movie you've ever seen in your life. but It's still really good one.
Good movie doesn't should be a masterpiece. it's good as this movie is.
Do you guys think that MOONLIGHT is good one ? Lala land too ?
This movies is good one the way it is. they play as teenagers in this movie but this movie is not for only teenagers. you can feel something from this movie even though you are an adult.
I felt something good while I was watching this movie. different feeling from Begin again and Sing street movies.
I highly recommend this movie to all adults who dream beautiful love and passion, music.