Million Dollar Baby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Million Dollar Baby Reviews

October 9, 2017
Hillary Swank is not everyone's cup of tea for sure but if you can tolerate her painful expressions then this is a great movie to watch.
½ October 9, 2017
Eastwood and Swank are the real draws here, both delivering knock-out (sorry) performances of subtlety and depth. The rest of the cast? Not so much: The actors are fine, but the material is cartoonish and shallow, such that all but the principle plot flatlines. Yet the third act twist carries enough punch (again: sorry) to bring this otherwise well-trodden affair to life.
October 8, 2017
This puppy starts out as a well acted, character driven sports drama. And, then flips and turns into a very moving, and genuine tear jerker in it's amazing third act. Just amazing stuff!
September 24, 2017
Great fantastic phenomenal dramatic movie starring Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, and Hillary swank aka the main girl who is phenomenal in this movie. I really really enjoyed this movie, and i am calling this movie, movie of the week,a new thing that i have created for myself. i would definitely see this movie again because Hilary swank is the best, Clint Eastwood is good as always, he's going to act and direct forever.
September 10, 2017
8/10 Moving and heartfelt and greatly acted, although it feels forced and has cliches and the tone is drastically changed from joyful to extremely depressing
½ September 9, 2017
'Million Dollar Baby' is so much more than a boxing movie about a woman. Powerful and heartbreaking at the same time, with flawless performances by Swank, Eastwood and Freeman, is easy to understand why this is a masterpiece.
½ September 5, 2017
takes a certain kind of courage to understand that movie.
September 4, 2017
Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman! Strong!
August 21, 2017
10 out of 10:

Wow, I mean god, this film is sad. The acting is also really good and the direction is stunning. The fight scenes are intense, the drama is gripping, and the feels are strong.
½ August 20, 2017
Motivational, full of sensation from Clint Eastwood. Hillary Swank's role as this fighter brought me a tear and a heartfelt performance.
½ July 27, 2017
Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, and Hilary Swank -- if that is not the recipe for a great film I don't know what is.
½ July 25, 2017
I give this movie 2 1/2 stars because I liked the first half, but the second half and the end wasn't good. I thought I was getting a boxing movie and was going to give me an uplifting story. Instead it was a boxing movie that didn't offer enough tough boxing matches and instead made me depressed. Clint Eastwood was very good and the movie was well directed, but I just didn't like the overall story.
July 19, 2017
A brutally emotional climax (one I was not expecting going in to this film) which is remarkably both satisfying and devastating. An uplifting and crushing film, it is so much more than simply a boxing film about a woman.
July 18, 2017
This movie was a masterpiece. Eastwood pulled a jack-of-all-trades to make film that is more inspirational and emotional than any Rocky film. Him, Swank, and Freeman were nothing short of phenomenal and the devastating third act is an unstoppable force. This is one of the greatest movies of all time.
July 6, 2017
Powerful and heart breaking. Swank's genuine performance makes you almost feel as if you know her - and Eastwood's hard fatherly role is complimented so nicely by Freeman. Great great movie.
July 4, 2017
Despite a problematic message, Million Dollar Baby is a a brilliantly directed and acted film, full of three-dimensional characters and deeply affecting drama.
June 25, 2017
Conmovedora, depresiva y realmente toma tus expectativas y las despedaza en tu cara. Qué fuerte :/ Fue un muy buen trabajo de Clint Eastwood, sus coestrellas gracias a F.X. Toole, escritor de Rope Burns: Stories from the Corner.
June 23, 2017
Million Dollar Baby is a moving drama that offers a surprising amount of thought-food.
June 17, 2017
A very deeply moving story.A horrible end for a great boxer.I couldn't stop crying at the end.Breathtaking performances by Eastwood and Hilary Swank !
June 14, 2017
Liked it the first time I saw it, but now have misgivings after a second viewing. too many noticed flaws seeing it again, although Morgan Freeman deserved his long overdue Oscar for his performance. as a disabled person, the ending bothers me. the script should have made her fight more to live. it's insulting that it didn't...