Million Dollar Baby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Million Dollar Baby Reviews

½ July 27, 2017
Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, and Hilary Swank -- if that is not the recipe for a great film I don't know what is.
½ July 25, 2017
I give this movie 2 1/2 stars because I liked the first half, but the second half and the end wasn't good. I thought I was getting a boxing movie and was going to give me an uplifting story. Instead it was a boxing movie that didn't offer enough tough boxing matches and instead made me depressed. Clint Eastwood was very good and the movie was well directed, but I just didn't like the overall story.
July 19, 2017
A brutally emotional climax (one I was not expecting going in to this film) which is remarkably both satisfying and devastating. An uplifting and crushing film, it is so much more than simply a boxing film about a woman.
July 18, 2017
This movie was a masterpiece. Eastwood pulled a jack-of-all-trades to make film that is more inspirational and emotional than any Rocky film. Him, Swank, and Freeman were nothing short of phenomenal and the devastating third act is an unstoppable force. This is one of the greatest movies of all time.
July 6, 2017
Powerful and heart breaking. Swank's genuine performance makes you almost feel as if you know her - and Eastwood's hard fatherly role is complimented so nicely by Freeman. Great great movie.
July 4, 2017
Despite a problematic message, Million Dollar Baby is a a brilliantly directed and acted film, full of three-dimensional characters and deeply affecting drama.
June 25, 2017
Conmovedora, depresiva y realmente toma tus expectativas y las despedaza en tu cara. Qué fuerte :/ Fue un muy buen trabajo de Clint Eastwood, sus coestrellas gracias a F.X. Toole, escritor de Rope Burns: Stories from the Corner.
June 23, 2017
Million Dollar Baby is a moving drama that offers a surprising amount of thought-food.
June 17, 2017
A very deeply moving story.A horrible end for a great boxer.I couldn't stop crying at the end.Breathtaking performances by Eastwood and Hilary Swank !
June 14, 2017
Liked it the first time I saw it, but now have misgivings after a second viewing. too many noticed flaws seeing it again, although Morgan Freeman deserved his long overdue Oscar for his performance. as a disabled person, the ending bothers me. the script should have made her fight more to live. it's insulting that it didn't...
May 26, 2017
Inspiring and Heartbreaking film. It's unique because it almost does the opposite of most films where the struggle is in the beginning and triumph in the end. The sense of real life, chance and ambition resonated throughout the film. Swank was a kind hardworking all heart girl with no malice in her at all. just ambition to be the best she could be. Outside the ring she was sweet and took care of her undeserving family. The relationship between her and Eastwood was palpable as he progressively saw her as a daughter who was capable yet as much as he tried to make sure she didn't get hurt his biggest fears come to pass. Freeman was shawshank smooth with that same sense of wisdom. Inspiring and heartbreaking. Amazing film.
½ May 21, 2017
One heck of a movie and I can't believe I missed this movie so long.
Hilary Swank, Clint Eastwood & Morgan Freeman have given one of their best performances. The movie will take you on an emotional roller coaster ride. Watch out for the 2 plot twists - will happen when you least expect them. Must watch movie for sports fans and Eastwood fans as well :) !!
½ May 21, 2017
A different kind film.great work from actor/director clint eastwood
May 20, 2017
Clint Eastwood stars and directs this 'brutal' boxing film from 2004 that won him an Oscar.
I say brutal in the sense that the boxing choreography is so realistic. Franchises like Rocky/Creed take note.
Eastwood plays boxing trainer Frankie Dunn. The best cuts man in the business he is described early on.
Dunn compares favouribly with other notable Eastwood characters from film history such as Harry Callaghan and The Man With No Name.
In this film his character eventually concedes to the pressure from female boxing hopeful Maggie Fitzgerald (Hilary Swank) and trains her.
Theoughout the film there is a rather annoying (in my opinion) presence and narration by Morgan Freeman as ex-boxer Eddie.
Eastwood has a commanding presence as in all his great films that really adds strength to the film.
When watching the end credits I even noticed him being credited for the music?
A film that has slipped under the radar for many I am sure but one which I recommend a viewing.
May 7, 2017
Hillary Swank is not everyone's cup of tea for sure but if you can tolerate her face then this is a great movie to watch.
April 23, 2017
Clint Eastwood directed a masterpiece. Million Dollar Baby is an incredible film that has excellent performances an impressive direction and a perfect and touching story.
½ April 14, 2017
I'm not much for 'sports' movies, but this has enough drama and story and excellent actors and characters to make it a great movie!
April 9, 2017
Hilary Swank was perfect for this role. She plays a dirt poor girl fighter who desperately needs a trainer. Then she convinces one to train her. I enjoyed it very much until the ending. It shouldn't have lasted so long. I'd have cut about 15 minutes off.
½ April 9, 2017
Man this was good. What took me so long to watch it?
April 6, 2017
One of the best boxing movies and one of the best movies of the 21st Century.