Mission: Impossible III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mission: Impossible III Reviews

August 3, 2017
Even if I like M:I 2, I have to say this is a MUCH BETTER movie than the last one. And surprisingly, this sequel is kind of superior movie compared to the first one. But even then, I still have to admit these was a great movies, much like this one.
July 28, 2017
The third Mission Impossible is perhaps the most unrelenting and brutal of the bunch, as J. J. Abrams nails the action as well as the emotional peril of being Ethan Hunt.
July 26, 2017
Although it may be a nonstop blast of action and stunts , M:I:III succeeds at its ultimate goal of providing an entirely different view of the mission. All the while throwing enough plot material into the mix to maintain the balance for a good, bad script on the writers part.
June 28, 2017
Exciting, suspenseful, and pure thrills make this a great ride. It's definitely better than the first two. J.J. Abrams takes the franchise for a more dark turn and it does end up working for the better. Also, the movie has a good enough premise and a great villain as well. This movie also delivers the strongest villain from the series, portrayed brilliantly by Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I think it's the turning point of the franchise and I think it's a fast paced and fun spy movie. You can't miss it if you enjoy this series.
½ June 18, 2017
This isn't my favorite one but still very good
½ June 13, 2017
As another series of Tom Cruise' work, i admire his most movies. However, this movie could have possibly been more interesting than this. It was just full of action scenes to fascinate viewership. I know this is all about action, but I'm a bit depressed with it
June 3, 2017
An improvement over the second film, Mission Impossible III boasts cool action and stunts, each character is allowed their time to shine in the spotlight rather than the film being all about Tom Cruise all the time allowing the audience to care for most of them and Philip Seymour Hoffman serves as an enjoyable villain. In this film, Cruise actually finds himself in sticky situations and doesn't quite get out immediately in contrast to its predecessors. No seriously, he's practically interrogated in some scenes and it doesn't turn out to be just some dude with the Ethan Hunt's mask put on him. Now it's time for some criticism, yay (sarcasm alert). Although Hoffman serves as a better villain than Jon Voight and Dougray Scott, I felt that he never got as much screen time as he should've, I mean his name comes second in the starring list for Pete's sake. Also, I felt that the finale paled in comparison to other finales in action movies as in I was expecting a bigger battle with glorious gunfire and epic music playing in the background and stuff like that. I still feel pretty glad that I saw this film and I can practically praise it as a film that demonstrated director J.J. Abrams' ability to resurrect a movie franchise believed to have almost died with the previous film. Don't believe me? Look at what he did with the 2009 film adaptation of Star Trek and 2015's highly anticipated Star Wars Episode VII:The Force Awakens. He's that great. A thrilling film that offers enough entertainment value to be considered a good movie.
April 25, 2017
A significant improvement over the previous film, Mission: Impossible III benefits from J.J. Abrams' strong directing with great acting, fantastic action sequences, and a strong emotional story.
April 19, 2017
Back to form for the Mission Impossible franchise. Ethan Hunt is the perfect super spy. The chemistry between Tom Cruise and Philip Seymour Hoffman is undeniably amazing! The unusual villain is a great change of pace. Most villains in spy films are physical threats that don't pose much of a mental game. Hoffman is not that case. He is the exact opposite and it's a refreshing change to the spy genre. J.J. Abrams directs this film that should serve as a template to spy films in the future. If you are a fan of action/thrillers then this movie is the one for you.
½ April 15, 2017
170415: Though this film is much better than the last, I still can't get my head around Tom Cruize. I find him unconvincing as a hero, as an actor. Philip Seymour Hoffman is intriguing as the villain but that intrigue dissipates as the film progresses. Finally, the story just left me with too many questions, questions that I just don't care to have answered.
½ March 29, 2017
I thought the cast was fantastic especially Philip Seymour Hoffman. lots of action and amazing effects and a decent twist :-)
½ March 5, 2017
After the disappointing second film in the series and a six year wait this film directed J. J. Abrams is exactly what the series needed with it being utterly fresh and removed from the nineties style of action but also helping expand upon not only the central character but the world upon which he lives and works. The supporting cast was the best in the series at the time, the action is stellar (and even better than the second film as it overall centered on realism and not being overly styled), the score by Michael Giacchino is solid, I like the plot and the script which this time had more depth and didn't rely on gimmicks and the general tone of the film felt more urgent and frenetic with the pacing being way more consistent than the previous entry. Overall this is the best the series had to offer at the time and gave new life to a series that was in danger of becoming stale.
½ February 19, 2017
2017-02-19 lots of action
February 5, 2017
A few poorly filmed scenes. Great plot with a few unpredictable twists
½ January 31, 2017
J.J. Abrams keeps this third installment of the Mission: Impossible series... well, impossible. The stunts are nearly as ridiculous and unbelievable as a Fast & Furious movie. There are loads of bad guys with machine guns but they can't seem to hit the guy with a pistol before getting shot themselves. Fun to watch, with enough twists to keep the ride interesting. Rating: 7.5 / 10
January 25, 2017
While definitely the darkest and most disturbing installment in the series, Mission Impossible 3 is a major improvement on the last two films, featuring an excellent story and impressive effects.
January 19, 2017
A great 3rd movie in the franchise that slightly suffers from the shaky cam epidemic of the period. A good story well executed and concluded.
January 5, 2017
A fine film, pretty good villain confrontation at the end.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 27, 2016
The first time I saw this I absolutely loved it! While I still really like it, it does lose a little bit of appeal here and there on repeat viewings. It is still a great and solid entry to the franchise though. If you like these kinds of movies I would recommend it for sure.