93% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

The Mod Squad Reviews

Alexander W

January 27, 2008
Worth watching, good friday night film for a treat when need entertaining.
jjnxn
jjnxn

August 16, 2007
one of the most god awful wastes of film ever
Leigh R

November 7, 2006
Pretty good.
boxman
boxman

February 23, 2006
[font=Arial][color=darkred]There are some movies out there that you simply can't stop yourself from scratching your head and wondering how it ever got made in the first place. Some movies so horrible that you ponder what any big suited executives were thinking. A movie so bad that you try to cut your own wrist with the armrest beside you somehow. Well folks, 'The Mod Squad' is one of those movies.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]It's the cinematic updating of the Vietnam era show eptimizing the rebellion against authority and supression by the Boomers like only Aaron Spelling can. I'm convinced that if you pay adequate attention to the plot you will actually lower your intelligence, but don't hold me to it. It's only a theory, I still need the tests to come back. This basically is nothing more than a watered down 90-minute jeans ad. "Oooh, look at those jeans Clair Danes shoots up in! I wonder if they have them in a size 30 waist?"[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]This is one of those movies I seriously can't find anything remotely good to mention. Though I'm trying to get it all out of my head as quickly as humanly possible. I feel sickened by this poison MGM has thrown out to the masses. I remember the last time Generation X & Y tried looking back nostalgically and enviously on the Boomer's playground. It was called Woodstock '99. Anyone care to remember what happened there?[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]Nate's Grade: F [/color][/font]
Christopher H

July 23, 2012
Not quite the hip, engaging thriller it was made out to be, this TV adaption begs the constant question of "Why?". Besides starring Giovanni Ribisi, who never disappoints, The Mod Squad telegraphs its twists and remains unconvincing and uninspiring through its entire run-time.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

March 16, 2011
The story centers around three juvenile delinquents that Captain Greer (Dennis Farina) of the L.A.P.D. has taken under his wing and turned into his secret weapon against crime. To use Greer's words, "these kids can get into a thousand places that we (the cops) can't." The trio consists of Linc (Omar Epps), Julie (Claire Danes) and Pete (Giovanni Ribisi). When Greer is murdered, the three are cut loose but decide to investigate the killing themselves. As they begin to dig they find a much more complicated conspiracy that they could have imagined, involving criminals as well as dirty cop straight out of the movies, ah, the bitter sweet irony. Also starring Josh Brolin.
Curt C

February 17, 2006
OK, I've heard of suspension of belief, but come on, the ending is ridiculous.
Remi L

April 29, 2009
I remember seeing promos for this movie as a teenager and thinking, "Hmm, this looks interesting. Some young 20-somethings who act like the criminals they bust. Plus they're kinda cool." I think this movie was promoted falsely. When I finally saw the film 10 years later (yesterday), I was given a big steaming pile of disappointment. This is film is about a trio of down-on-their-luck TEENAGE delinquents who are sorta-unofficial undercover cops who can get into places old fuddy duddy cops can't. The real cops hate them, but they're successful every now and then, until they end up in the middle of an Internal Affairs operation involving the theft of evidence. The dialogue was dumb, there were weird random moments (most involving Giovanni Ribisi, who I think is hot, but NOT in this flick), and random attempts by one of the cops to be as sexist and racist as possible whenever the camera was on him. I killed an hour or so, but I kinda wish I'd done it another way.
Marcus W

October 27, 2009
A film that wants very badly to be "hip" but ends up like a 30 year old man saying "epic fail" all the time.
Three delinquents are recruited by the cops only to find that (shock horror!) the cops are dirty and dealing drugs. And anyone who doesn't suss out that Brolin is a bad guy should stick to Disney.
Ribisi comes out of it with some credibility - the scene where he goes back to his parents is really touching. The film also avoids chucking in a love story.
It was probably a good idea at some point.
Sunil J

May 28, 2008
Another TV show movie that should never have been made.
HeroPK
October 20, 2010
Saw it a long time ago. I remember it being good, but again I barely remember it so it must be a 3 star.
M9z8759483
March 3, 2010
a great thrilling film based on the older tv show the mod squad great thrilling film that is a great film that is a great film that is enjoyable liked it
jam233
December 23, 2009
A below average action film, way too slow moving and the action is too sparsely scattered throughout the film. At least it isn't taking itself too seriously, it has a light atmosphere. The cast is fair, although Giovanni Ribisi is good. Uninspiring score.
xandiXlizXmackix
March 23, 2009
Oh dang, everything that The Mod Squad did from the start to the finish lacked very good action until the ending scenes. There's bad acting, too. And while I never saw the original TV series, I knew that this remake is...the...WORST MOVIE EVER. Any questions?
HaHaManHV
October 29, 2008
Plot wise there isn't a lot here that makes rational sense, but parts of the movie were pretty cool and Omar Epps was good in it.
neilbyce4
April 8, 2008
i was pretty disappointed with this one. I thought that the story would be a little bit more convincing then it was. The only good thing about this movie was the comedic relief by giovanni ribisi
December 23, 2007
Yeah, this movie was really boring, and not at all interesting. I couldn't believe for a minute that these were supposed to be "juvenile delinquents" They look to be in their late 20's which of course at the time, they probably were...terrible...
MovieGuruDude72
May 15, 2007
Too tootie-cutesie for me. Might have been cooler if they had gotten actors and actresses who were believable as young criminals.
cdcarpenter1195
January 18, 2007
We previewed this movie at the theatre I work at the night before the movie opened; I forgot about the whole thing as soon as I walked out into the parking lot after the screening was over.
A terrible mess.
joffridus
January 6, 2007
Although I was excited to see this movie, it was disappointing. It seems there could have been so much more to it.