Monsters University - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monsters University Reviews

½ August 14, 2017
Monsters University is a great movie for the family. It isn't as good as Monsters Inc., but it still holds up. It does have some really good moments though, which helps prevent it from getting a lower score.
½ August 10, 2017
Very entatining movie.
Rating: 7/10.
½ August 7, 2017
Not as good as the first film, but it is still a great prequel and an overall enjoyable film!
August 4, 2017
A prequel that, altough not in the same level of the original, is a fun ride and it still feels like Pixar.
It lacks of course in the heart, but this great story, of how Mike and Sulley met in college is so creative. The colourful and detailed animation is wonderful and the characters are constantly likable. An very satisfying movie for all ages!

|It's an 8,0 out of 10|
½ July 30, 2017
A good prequel. This movie has a slightly darker tone than its predecessor, no matter how pretty it looks, although it can never surpass the standards set by the previous Pixar films, Monsters, Inc. included, but still, a very fun film. I would recommend this.
½ July 24, 2017
Good enough...but let's be honest most of us hold the original quite dearly in our hearts so you hope for a little more that that. It made me laugh a few times and my 4 year old was still talking about it at breakfast the day after so it clearly does work but I wanted a little more. Felt like more of a DVD spin-off really than a genuine sequel/prequel.
½ July 20, 2017
Pixar cater to their audience in its broadest form; they're family films, not 'kids films'. Monsters University embodies this philosophy. The witticisms, entertaining characters & immersive animation in Monsters University do good job in overshadowing a pretty predictable plot. The voice acting in Monsters University is always on point, and yet another great Randy Newman score keeps the film flowing nicely. Monsters University confronts kids with challenging themes: notably disappointment of unreachable' dream and strength it takes to overcome. Monsters University had a lot to live up to as a prequel to one of Pixar's most successful and celebrated films, and it did a good job. It lacks a bit of magic, plays it a bit safe, but it's following Monsters Inc - what can you do?
½ July 20, 2017
Monsters University does not really build on the first one's premise but it does offer a sweet, funny and a solid origin story.
July 5, 2017
Not the standout flick that Monsters Inc. was, this does hold up as a worthy prequel. Mike and Sully are as heartwarming as ever in this underdog tale. It's just the right amount of different from the original, while keeping the heart that made it work.
July 5, 2017
Como de costume o nível de detalhes é colossal, com todos os tipos de criaturas imagináveis; Robert L. Baird, Daniel Gerson e Dan Scanlon desenrolam um roteiro a altura da qualidade técnica empregada na animação, tudo isso unido pela direção de Scanlon torna Monsters University uma das melhores animações de todos os tempos, na verdade e difícil explicar em palavras a exuberância cinematográfica empregada pela Pixar Animation Studios, o que demonstra sem duvida a capacidade inigualável de produzir Mega-animações.
June 28, 2017
This was not the sequel the film going audience was expecting. When word broke out that Monsters, INC. would be getting another film, your first thought is always, sequel. Here we got a PIXAR first with a prequel.
It's not the first movie, but I can't say it's not as good tho either. It's a prequel, so it doesn't actually have to live up to the first film, because chronologically it's first. That being said, what a fun trip to see Mike and Sully become best friends and to meet a whole new legion of monsters that you end up liking just as much as the main characters themselves.
Great Pixar Film!
June 27, 2017
Monsters University; similar to The Good Dinosaur, loses any interest during the second act.
June 24, 2017
Original, hilarious, and rendered in fantastic detail, Monster's University is an absolutely brilliant film that deserves more credit than it gets.
June 20, 2017
My favorite movie!!!
June 12, 2017
Now, I will admit, no, it's not as good as Monsters, Inc. or Brave, but Pixar still impressed me with this one. Going into it, I had my doubts over it, but after seeing it, it turned out WAY better than I thought.
½ June 8, 2017
It's everything you want from a PIXAR film: good plot, good characters (and voice acting), and awesome animating techniques. The whole thing left me with a smile on my face, especially the first ten minutes. MU is a solid film. You won't be disappointed like you were with Cars 2 and Brave!
June 1, 2017
Exciting and adorable prequel that is the answer to many questions.
May 30, 2017
Warm hearted and pairs well with the first. Classic Pixar film.
½ May 27, 2017
Not a strong sequel, but good enough
May 21, 2017
When what we see is what we always wanted to see when it's being the vary thing that accepted us when we are declined. When we have always seen it our whole life to follow through to what changed our perspective on the world. When we carry the vary thing that reminds us of who brought us here to see we follow in their steps. When we see others also walk in large shoes to follow in legendary steps, we see challenges along the way when what we see others dont see in accepting us in places we don't belong. When we see we can know everything there is to seeing ourselves pull through, but lack what others need to see to be convinced. When we see we are not accepted for who we are in places where image is everything. When we see others are accepted and not accepted as the best when they too don't look the part. When we see we are not some institution's material for a certain standard to prove them wrong when we see another way in. When we see takes hard work, dedication, and a scary look. When we see we need to be seen through a different perspective when we not accepted with our own peers along with people on the other side. When we see not being accepted is the scary part when no one notices us, sees anything in us and sees we are not cut out for what we always could see being but it fades away. When we are seen as something less to go to a place where we want to be something more when we see the places we wished to see and be. When what we see we have always been a fan of when the greats pave away for us to see opportunity in what we can become if we put our mind and sight together. When we see what others might see as our weakness we use as our strength when see we can put them to good use. When we see what doesn't accept us and what holds us back we see clearly what we must do. When we see others are naturals and others need confidence and a different perspective when seeing themselves. When somethings we don't see, haunts us when we see the monster from within see others in a new perspective. When what others see they know others dont have it in them. When we see that we needed to cheat when others we see are not good enough. When we see we must prove it to ourselves and others when we need to see the truth to see others are right. When we see our deepest fears come true when we are not what we thought we were. When what we never could see we needed was being accepted as a friend when we see and meet our partner who encourages us. When we see new doors open for us when so many have closed, to see we use our book smarts and what we always could see what makes it as scary even if we never had it but others do to make a great teamwork happen. When others can't see how others pull off the unimaginable to see they always had it in them when our standards change. When we see who brought us this far in what we couldn't see that propels us to see other endeavors. When we see we made an impression on those to see we have another chance when smaller doors opens up opportunities for us to work from the bottom up. When we see others see us as a good team to accept us give us a chance.