Monsters University - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monsters University Reviews

½ November 7, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Encantadora y mágica como cualquier otra producción de Pixar. Monsters University abarca temas como el trabajo en equipo, la persecución de sueños y realización personal, que asegura un formativo entretenimiento a los más pequeños.
October 22, 2017
Monsters University is definitely an underrated movie, especially for a Pixar movie. It may be far from the best one, but that doesn't mean that it is still a pretty good movie. It's got really great visuals, great characters, very good story, and is very funny too. It's a great homage to it's older brother despite it being a prequel to it. For a prequel, it has to be one of the best ones that I have seen. I wouldn't be surprised if Pixar would make a prequel to any of their other franchises. The best part of the movie has to be the climax. It's very intense and fits very well with the story. You want Mike and Sulley to succeed and escape from where they are during this part of the movie. This and the ending are truly what make the movie seem like a Pixar movie. They would be what you would expect from any other movies from the studio. What I also really like the most about the movie is how characters like Sulley and Randall look different when comparison to their design in Monsters Inc. If you look very closely to some of these characters' designs of both movies side by side, you will definitely see a difference. I love how Pixar did this. Overall, I give this 8 out of 10. Nothing amazing and super memorable, but still very pleasing to the eyes of almost anyone who is as much of a fan of Monsters Inc and Pixar such as myself.
October 6, 2017
Pretty funny movie that I enjoyed watching I know a lot of people like this movie
½ September 4, 2017
The final act ranks among Pixar's finest endings. A really touching moment that's more human than monster.
August 21, 2017
Hey, RiceGum
Why you acting dumb?
You know I fucked your dad
And I even fucked your mom
I really shouldn't say it
But I'm having so much fun
Your little sister's pussy
Tastes so good on my tongue
Hey, Bryan
Why you lying?
You thought I'd be in tears
You thought I'd be crying
But your roasts are weak
And your blows are cheap
Son of Genghis

When I saw your face
When I see your face

[Verse 2]
Breath like shit
I think you need a Mintie
Can't see right
Cause your eyes are squinty
MSG is in your veins
That's why you're acting salty
Really thought your words
Could burn and insult me
Family's so poor
That you sleep on the floor
Probably share your mattress
With your mom, the whore
Ricey, Ricey
Things are getting spicy
Skin so yellow
Yeah, you need to mellow

[Pre-Chorus 2]

Such a big disgrace
When I saw your face
When I see your face
½ August 14, 2017
Monsters University is a great movie for the family. It isn't as good as Monsters Inc., but it still holds up. It does have some really good moments though, which helps prevent it from getting a lower score.
½ August 10, 2017
Very entatining movie.
Rating: 7/10.
½ August 7, 2017
Not as good as the first film, but it is still a great prequel and an overall enjoyable film!
August 4, 2017
A prequel that, altough not in the same level of the original, is a fun ride and it still feels like Pixar.
It lacks of course in the heart, but this great story, of how Mike and Sulley met in college is so creative. The colourful and detailed animation is wonderful and the characters are constantly likable. An very satisfying movie for all ages!

|It's an 8,0 out of 10|
½ July 30, 2017
A good prequel. This movie has a slightly darker tone than its predecessor, no matter how pretty it looks, although it can never surpass the standards set by the previous Pixar films, Monsters, Inc. included, but still, a very fun film. I would recommend this.
½ July 24, 2017
Good enough...but let's be honest most of us hold the original quite dearly in our hearts so you hope for a little more that that. It made me laugh a few times and my 4 year old was still talking about it at breakfast the day after so it clearly does work but I wanted a little more. Felt like more of a DVD spin-off really than a genuine sequel/prequel.
½ July 20, 2017
Pixar cater to their audience in its broadest form; they're family films, not 'kids films'. Monsters University embodies this philosophy. The witticisms, entertaining characters & immersive animation in Monsters University do good job in overshadowing a pretty predictable plot. The voice acting in Monsters University is always on point, and yet another great Randy Newman score keeps the film flowing nicely. Monsters University confronts kids with challenging themes: notably disappointment of unreachable' dream and strength it takes to overcome. Monsters University had a lot to live up to as a prequel to one of Pixar's most successful and celebrated films, and it did a good job. It lacks a bit of magic, plays it a bit safe, but it's following Monsters Inc - what can you do?
½ July 20, 2017
Monsters University does not really build on the first one's premise but it does offer a sweet, funny and a solid origin story.
July 5, 2017
Not the standout flick that Monsters Inc. was, this does hold up as a worthy prequel. Mike and Sully are as heartwarming as ever in this underdog tale. It's just the right amount of different from the original, while keeping the heart that made it work.
July 5, 2017
Como de costume o nível de detalhes é colossal, com todos os tipos de criaturas imagináveis; Robert L. Baird, Daniel Gerson e Dan Scanlon desenrolam um roteiro a altura da qualidade técnica empregada na animação, tudo isso unido pela direção de Scanlon torna Monsters University uma das melhores animações de todos os tempos, na verdade e difícil explicar em palavras a exuberância cinematográfica empregada pela Pixar Animation Studios, o que demonstra sem duvida a capacidade inigualável de produzir Mega-animações.
June 28, 2017
This was not the sequel the film going audience was expecting. When word broke out that Monsters, INC. would be getting another film, your first thought is always, sequel. Here we got a PIXAR first with a prequel.
It's not the first movie, but I can't say it's not as good tho either. It's a prequel, so it doesn't actually have to live up to the first film, because chronologically it's first. That being said, what a fun trip to see Mike and Sully become best friends and to meet a whole new legion of monsters that you end up liking just as much as the main characters themselves.
Great Pixar Film!
June 27, 2017
Monsters University; similar to The Good Dinosaur, loses any interest during the second act.
June 24, 2017
Original, hilarious, and rendered in fantastic detail, Monster's University is an absolutely brilliant film that deserves more credit than it gets.
June 20, 2017