Monsters University - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monsters University Reviews

May 16, 2018
Its not a movie we wanted or needed but this is what we got..Its entertaining at least.
May 5, 2018
This film was the perfect way to make Mike look good.
April 17, 2018
Hilarious, heartfelt, and very underrated. If you liked Monsters Inc, you owe it to yourself to watch this movie,
½ April 11, 2018
a 'monsters inc' prequel set in a university doesn't even sound great on paper, the inevitable upshot to the bland college ambience and perfunctory characters being a predictable and drab affair. what made the first radiant was its charmingly unconventional view of monsters being scared of humans; here it pursues the unluxurious opposite approach in monsters living alike.
April 3, 2018
Monsters University is not really necessary and doesn't live up to the first film. After all, there are tons of children who wanted Pixar to make a movie about monsters going to a degree school for higher learning. I'm siding with Nostalgia Critic on that one. But the movie is surprisingly good in its own right. The animation looks beautiful, visually improving from the first film, the voice acting is good once again showing the fewer limitations of animation by having John Goodman, Billy Crystal and Steve Buscemi (and two surprise cameos from familiar faces) reprise their roles and the jokes, while not as consistenly hilarious as the ones in the first film still made me chuckle. Although one thing that really stood out for me was the expectation subversion. Since this movie is a prequel, certain events have to occur for the film to stay true to the canon but some surprises still occur. Monsters University also sends some good life lessons for kids that are more than just the stereotypical "never give up" message. Is Monsters University Pixar's best offerings? No. But is it a good movie by its own merits? You bet. Although I would want to know how an actual Monsters Inc. 2 would work out.
March 31, 2018
A fun, funny family movie. The visuals were fun as well.
March 29, 2018
This is a cute, funny, and enjoyable film. It has a good message and fun, diverse characters. However, it is not as entertaining or touching as many other children's movies of its time.
March 29, 2018
No.1 Animation film of all time!!
March 29, 2018
Good animation. Story was okay.
½ March 28, 2018
Another fantastic sequel to a fantastic film and I recommend it to... pretty much anyone.
March 27, 2018
Interesting, intriguing and visually stunning.
March 19, 2018
One of the best films ever! I absolutely loved the story and moral and I highly recommend seeing this movie.
March 16, 2018
My favourite animation movie ever.
I love the end!
March 15, 2018
Satire, good timing with the jokes, good casting
½ March 13, 2018
the movie passed unnoticed
½ March 11, 2018
Monsters University is a wonderful film that brings us back to the characters that we fell in love with. The one flaw is that the doors in Monsters Inc. were the one thing that connected the film to the audience, without them, it loses its meaning many times. Not the best Pixar, but it's great to revisit these characters, and is a great sequel.
½ February 25, 2018
Pixar's most underrated film. The final act packs a wallop and provides an ending that's more human than monstrous.
½ February 21, 2018
While this movie, like many prequels beforehand fails to measure up to the phenomenal first movie, it's still fun and entertaining and very enjoyable.
½ February 5, 2018
A fine sequel, not the best by pixar but not the worst either. It has some fun moments, however it doesn't surpass the original by any stretch
January 30, 2018
Monsters are my favorite type of cartoons. I usually get bored with cartoons with the exceptions of Monsters and Shreks. Highly recommend watching this as it is fun.