Monsters University - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monsters University Reviews

November 29, 2016
The university movies are a dime a dozen. A bit formulaic. The monsters have to prove themselves to be scare worthy. It's a prequel so the monsters had not yet found that laughter was paying more. Whatever... it's watchable and the animations are really getting great. Textures and all.
½ November 28, 2016
A really thrilling prequel, always funny and exciting, that takes the clichéd premise of overcoming our own limits and turns it into endless fun - and it will leave you sure that Pixar is finally back on track after its two previous weak, forgettable entries.
November 21, 2016
Monsters University uses the familiar conventional plot formula used for the sports and games genre, making it less exciting and energetic than the original, much better Monsters Inc.
October 31, 2016
Exactly what you'd expect it to be: a colorful dip into nostalgia, with little surprises and college humor around characters you already love.
½ October 30, 2016
A great prequel to Monsters INC. Full of lovable characters, and really shows how Mikes life started.
October 29, 2016
10/29/2016: Not quite as good as the original, but still pretty good!
October 25, 2016
Monsters University was a fun movie that I think does have the usual Pixar life lesson and promotes themes like friendship and self belief while encouraging you to go further than anyone expects and to prove people wrong. Most of the jokes are very funny but only on the first (maybe second occasion) and the voice acting and chemistry from Crystal and Goodman is superb as you'd expect. Solid.
½ October 24, 2016
Engaging and entertaining prequel to "Monsters, Inc."
FiLmCrAzY
October 24, 2016
A vaguely amusing sequel!
½ October 22, 2016
Not as good as the first one but a very creative movie that I believe is underrated
October 16, 2016
Monsters University is a hilarious movie. the film in my opinion couldn't follow up to the original 2001 film. but still a funny movie. Great for all ages
½ October 8, 2016
I think this movie was panned unjustifiably. It's not their best film, but it's miles ahead of the previous two and is even better than some of their "golden era" films. It does a good job of giving origin story to Mike and Sully (and a couple other MI favorites) and delivers perhaps one of the best last thirds in any Pixar movie. Some of the college humor is corny I'll admit, but I don't think it ruined the movie by any stretch.
½ October 7, 2016
It may not be as original or as thought provoking as other animated films, but Monsters University is still 5 star entertainment which may be typical in story it does it to the highest quality, with its marketing being its only major downfall; promoting too many golden moments of the film
½ October 4, 2016
Not as heartfelt as the original, but probably more entertaining. Great movie. Bring on #3!
September 28, 2016
The original is still the best!
September 27, 2016
Great movie though, but I like the original also. I had laughs in the movie also!
September 25, 2016
it is almost as great as monster inc it is wonderful
½ September 22, 2016
GREAT movie! (Monsters Inc. is a little better) I love animated films ??
½ September 15, 2016
Monsters University is a cute film. It is about the look at the relationship between Mike and Sulley during their days at Monsters University. John Goodman and Billy Crystal give terrific performance as their respective characters. The screenplay is well written. Dan Scanlon did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the adventure and drama. Monsters University is a must see.