Monsters vs. Aliens - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monsters vs. Aliens Reviews

August 28, 2017
A Perfect family film for our whole Family :) This movie is the bomb :)
½ August 26, 2017
I love this movie. It immediately sets the tone: you will be watching both a tribute film honoring the monster films of the 50's and 60's, but also a well-produced animated film with funny dialogue and a well rounded script. The voice acting is spot-on, with an excellent turn by Rainn Wilson as Galaxhar...I laugh quite earnestly with every viewing. Dreamworks didn't set out to make movie history, but the love is there. The writers, the voice actors, the animators I am sure all had fun while making this piece of satisfying entertainment....and it shows. I recommend Monsters Vs Aliens to anyone of any age. It is my favorite Dreamworks film so far. Well done...and oh yeah - Code Nimoy!
½ August 25, 2017
well executed if formulaic $7.50
August 20, 2017
Wasn't bad, but it wasn't my favourite animated movie either.
August 14, 2017
Monsters vs. Aliens is a good movie. It isn't for everyone, but it does have some laughs and great voice acting. I recommend it.
½ August 3, 2017
Extremely hilarious and clever story, fast-paced and with fantastic characters, great moments and a few good messages, this movie is another DreamWorks' amazing piece of work, that's easily a great suggestion for all familly to see!

|It's an 8,7 out of 10|
July 31, 2017
I'm going to be honest with you on this one. I think Monsters vs. Aliens is a lot better than most people give it credit for. I understand never truly delivering on the VS. part of its title but aside from that, I think the film is awesome. The animation is stunning gradually improving as the film goes on, the action sequences are fun, the humour is able to appeal to both children and adults and it serves as a great homage to all those monster B-movies from the '50s. The voice acting is also good. The character of B.O.B. may be literally brainless but Seth Rogen's vocal performance makes him tolerable for older audiences. Had it been anyone else, I would've wanted to kill myself...unless it was James Arnold Taylor. He'd reject the role anyway. He's too good for all that "mainstream" crap. Stephen Colbert also steals the show as the unnamed U.S. President in this film. Even if you hate the rest of the film, I have a feeling you'll still like him playing Axel F to communicate with a giant alien robot. Hilarious. So yeah, MvA may not truly deliver what its title says but it still remains funny and action-packed enough, along with a good amount of sci-fi themed pop culture references for adults, to still be a fun adventure that, once again, isn't as bad as some that have probably been blinded by Disney and Pixar might leave you to believe.
June 4, 2017
ok. So I admit it was a funny movie. I laughed more than I thought I would. I was surprised how quickly the story moved along but it did cover a lot of ground. I thought it was cute.
½ May 31, 2017
Not quite the hit Dreamworks may have hoped for, Monsters vs Aliens is well animated and fun, but lacks any meaningful depth to rise it above.
May 17, 2017
Ok so Monsters vs aliens is a rly good movie. It does all the things right. The bug called "Bee Man" is gud xd. I wish This movie should be proof that Rotten Tomatoes needs a 6 star option.
½ May 9, 2017
One of their most underrated
½ May 6, 2017
I thought this was fun with great voice work and it looks good. I likeed Stephen Colbert as the president.
February 23, 2017
Dai hang thang tiep theo
2049
½ February 16, 2017
A few laughs and a few creative ideas, but overall nothing special. Seemed a bit formulaic and light.
½ February 5, 2017
Not bad. Not epic either.
January 25, 2017
Takes a while to get going but solid fam or stoner entertainment. Especially unexpected and welcome is the accuracy of the San Francisco backdrop.
January 17, 2017
Monsters vs. Aliens is a family-friendly Dreamworks Animation feature which pits classic sci-fi monsters vs. space aliens, in a 1950's B-movie style showdown with modern humor and the visual flair available through today's computer effects. For a special treat, the film is also available in 3D.

The story is simple. A meteor crashes on Earth, or more specifically, onto bride-to-be Susan Murphy. Some substance from the meteor causes her to grow to 50 feet in height. She is hidden by the government with other monsters (based loosely on The Creature From the Black Lagoon, The Blob, The Fly, and various Godzilla foes), until space aliens arrive, bent on world domination. Outmatched by the alien's technology, the U.S. government calls on the monsters to save humanity from annihilation.

All of this is done with a light and fun air, with nothing taken too seriously. Like the best of recent animated features, Monsters vs. Aliens is as enjoyable for adults as for children, thanks in large part to a constant barrage of jokes and a stellar voice cast. Reese Witherspoon is wonderful as Susan Murphy, while 24's Kiefer Sutherland gets a rare chance to flex his comedic muscle as backwoods general W.R. Monger.

The Office's Rain Wilson is fine as Galaxar (the evil alien), as is Arrested Development's Will Arnett as The Missing Link and House's Hugh Laurie as Dr. Cockroach. Popular political comedian Stephen Colbert, in an inspired casting choice, plays the President of the United States. Hands down the best character, in my opinion, is Seth Rogen's B.O.B, a gelatinous creature who is blissfully stupid and eats anything in his path. The character design is fantastic, and the film is a visual treat. Monsters vs. Aliens comes recommended to people of all ages.
½ December 16, 2016
I did see Seth Rogen's talented humor here, but this animated Godzilla rip-off for children has directing and writing as lazy as the film's iconic titular heroes. It's like DreamWorks Animation doesn't even care if they get their ass handed over to Pixar at the box office and stock market.
November 18, 2016
Visually Brilliant And Funny, Monsters Vs Aliens Is Another Satisfying Entry In The Dreamworks Collection.
½ November 16, 2016
Great to see some old classic movie monsters. The end showdown was a little let down, but the rest was just fine.