Monsters vs. Aliens - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monsters vs. Aliens Reviews

April 9, 2018
Cutest monsters ever!
April 9, 2018
It's funny and charming, with a female protagonist that literally throws out a fiance that couldn't care less about her. The aliens are unique while giving reference to cheesy old horror films. And they make fun of the evil antagonist monologue.
½ April 4, 2018
Very entertaining movie for the whole family.
½ March 28, 2018
Nice to look at, but I have seen superior animated films...
March 27, 2018
Is the President from Mad Magazine?
½ March 22, 2018
I just watched this movie with my family, and we all loved it! I was really not expecting it to be so exciting. It was funny, too! I would watch it again.
½ March 16, 2018
This was a Nice movie to watch i watch about 2 times
March 16, 2018
Entertaining if you enjoy animated films. I thought it had a creative story I haven't seen before.
March 14, 2018
My son like this movie
½ March 2, 2018
No pensŤ que iba a gustarme.
½ February 27, 2018
Story: 5/10
Animation: 4/10
Characters: 4/10

Overall: 6/10
½ January 24, 2018
Bad and boring with awful animation and flat out ugly characters, monsters vs aliens is the second worst dreamworks movie after sharktale.
August 28, 2017
A Perfect family film for our whole Family :) This movie is the bomb :)
½ August 26, 2017
I love this movie. It immediately sets the tone: you will be watching both a tribute film honoring the monster films of the 50's and 60's, but also a well-produced animated film with funny dialogue and a well rounded script. The voice acting is spot-on, with an excellent turn by Rainn Wilson as Galaxhar...I laugh quite earnestly with every viewing. Dreamworks didn't set out to make movie history, but the love is there. The writers, the voice actors, the animators I am sure all had fun while making this piece of satisfying entertainment....and it shows. I recommend Monsters Vs Aliens to anyone of any age. It is my favorite Dreamworks film so far. Well done...and oh yeah - Code Nimoy!
½ August 25, 2017
well executed if formulaic $7.50
August 20, 2017
Wasn't bad, but it wasn't my favourite animated movie either.
August 14, 2017
Monsters vs. Aliens is a good movie. It isn't for everyone, but it does have some laughs and great voice acting. I recommend it.
½ August 3, 2017
Extremely hilarious and clever story, fast-paced and with fantastic characters, great moments and a few good messages, this movie is another DreamWorks' amazing piece of work, that's easily a great suggestion for all familly to see!

|It's an 8,7 out of 10|
July 31, 2017
I'm going to be honest with you on this one. I think Monsters vs. Aliens is a lot better than most people give it credit for. I understand never truly delivering on the VS. part of its title but aside from that, I think the film is awesome. The animation is stunning gradually improving as the film goes on, the action sequences are fun, the humour is able to appeal to both children and adults and it serves as a great homage to all those monster B-movies from the '50s. The voice acting is also good. The character of B.O.B. may be literally brainless but Seth Rogen's vocal performance makes him tolerable for older audiences. Had it been anyone else, I would've wanted to kill myself...unless it was James Arnold Taylor. He'd reject the role anyway. He's too good for all that "mainstream" crap. Stephen Colbert also steals the show as the unnamed U.S. President in this film. Even if you hate the rest of the film, I have a feeling you'll still like him playing Axel F to communicate with a giant alien robot. Hilarious. So yeah, MvA may not truly deliver what its title says but it still remains funny and action-packed enough, along with a good amount of sci-fi themed pop culture references for adults, to still be a fun adventure that, once again, isn't as bad as some that have probably been blinded by Disney and Pixar might leave you to believe.