Mr. Peabody & Sherman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. Peabody & Sherman Reviews

June 12, 2017
Mr. Peabody And Sherman is a decent movie with a fun 2nd haif,Some good visuals, Sherman and funny historical figures.
Even though the weak writing stands out because of other characters and the first half, it's still a fun ride.
Story:6|10
Visuals:7|10
Characters:5|10
Overall:6|10.
½ June 3, 2017
Very good, I like how the story was set and lot of amazing parts. Dreamworks got great movies.
½ May 29, 2017
This.. Is almost frustrating to watch. I understand it's for children but I almost feel like every animated movie made recently at least tries to appeal to an older crowd as well. There are so many ridiculously obvious holes in the movie I can't focus on anything else.
½ May 26, 2017
Now, when I saw the commercials for this, I had high doubts for this movie since other film adaptations based on cartoons were not good. But it turned to be OK, which isn't as bad as I expected, but it's not one of my favorites. Compared to other movies made by DreamWorks Animation, I don't like it as much as The Croods, Rise Of The Guardians, and/or Madagascar 3, but then again, I'd take this over Turbo any day. So in all, I didn't think it was a great movie, but still, I liked it fine. Not a great movie, but still decent enough for me to recommend.
½ May 5, 2017
I really liked this movie. It has a lot of heart, humor, sweetness, and likable and even believable title characters (despite one of them being a dog). While there are a few things to critique about, I think this movie should be given a look. People when it came out thought it was "to clever" for a family audience.....yeah right. Give it a watch, I recommend it.
April 1, 2017
What could potentially be an unique take on father-son relationship told through an enganging and maybe even educational story and overall high quality jokes ends up being a decent at best attempt at emerging itself amongst its animated competitors with (mostly) corny humour, trying-too-hard-to-be-smart plotline, the characters that are more annoying than they are amusing and relatable and a chance to beat the animations-are-for-little-kids stereotype right into the face wasted on pandering to tastes of sunday cinema wanderers otherwise known as incompetent parents. Despite that 83-words-long sophisticated sentence of upright criticism I've just created, watching 'Mr Peabody & Sherman' has its inexplicable charm, especially given how greatly voiced and animated it is and how it sometimes manages to cheer you up through (sadly only) a few of truly great moments. In short, this 2014 Dreamworks animated feature is definitely worth seeing, but don't set you bar too high. Who knows, maybe you'll find out to have a deep regard for some of its t i m e l e s s jokes?
Okay, I'm out.
March 29, 2017
A fun cartoon where a dog adopts a boy and they travel through time on adventures
½ March 26, 2017
I like this film. The animation is nice, the comedy is good, and the titular characters are likeable. It's an interesting film from Dreamworks, and very educational for the children. The voice acting is also very good. The only problem I sort of had with it is that the plot, while good, is a bit convoluted. Despite this, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, while not one of the studio's best, is good, colorful, heartfelt fun for the whole family.
½ January 11, 2017
I really enjoyed this one as it was great to see this old cartoon brought back to life and I can hardly wait to see the next installment.
½ January 1, 2017
A bit of a romp, watched with a ten-year-old grandson last night it went down quite well. Some nice time twists, plus values of parental love and separation from growing children. A few stereotypes and a fairly passive female character, but pretty good.
December 28, 2016
Lively animation that also educates as it goes along.
December 18, 2016
Clever, smart, and full of laughs.
November 14, 2016
Likable story and clean family fun
½ November 9, 2016
I loved this movie. You can finally see some film adaptation of Jay Ward's cartoons that ACTUALLY WORKS. Mr. Peabody and Sherman themselves are pretty amazing, fun and likable. I actually find Penny cute and likable as well but definitely not for Ms. Grunion. As for Sherman & Penny, they reassemble many things happened between Hiccup and Astrid such as the hatred, romantic flight and then crush. Some of which works just fine while others don't work all that correctly. The jokes inside this film are actually pretty funny and this film is very interesting as well. Too bad this film didn't do good in box office but like some DreamWorks movies, DO NOT LET THE BOX OFFICE FOOL YOU. It is definitely worth purchasing, just not DreamWorks' best one like How to Train Your Dragon or Shrek. DreamWorks would have a much better time (or at least, reputation since Pixar seemed to having split their capabilities with Walt Disney therefore not as strong as last decade) if they replaced their unsuccessful Home with this kind of movie.
½ October 31, 2016
A cute little film with a better than expected performance from Ty Burrell as Mr. Peabody.
October 26, 2016
If every dad was like Mr. Peabody life would have been much better.
October 15, 2016
This movie is so much awesome, and I fell in love for it
September 23, 2016
A kid show couldn't be better! It was funny, full of pun worthy humor for the adults watching and wasn't insulting anyone's intelligence or sacrificing the humor. Would recommend to anyone of any age if they're looking for a classic good hearted movie.
September 16, 2016
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (2014)
Starring: Ty Burrel, Max Charles, Ariel Winters, Allison Janney, Ellie Kemper, Stephen Colbert, Stephen Tobolowsky, Karan Brar, Joshua Rush, Adam Alexi-Malle, Stanley Tucci, Leslie Mann, and Lake Bell
Directed by Rob Minkoff
Review
HE'S LEAVING HIS MARK ON HISTORY
You know I'm beginning to believe that Dreamworks is getting better with their animated feature films, I've heard great things about their How to Train Your Dragon movies, which I have not seen and this film in particular was surprisingly not just good but great.
The Film revolves around Sherman who bites a girl named Penny, after she calls him a dog. His father a dog named Mr. Peabody decides to clear this up by having Penny and her parents come over for dinner. Penny doesn't believe Sherman when he tells her about meeting George Washington, so he shows her The Wayback which is a time machine and she becomes engaged to king Tut. Mr. Peabody and Sherman attempt to get Penny out but they stop along the way when the wayback runs out of battery and must return home to stop the portal bringing everyone from the past to the present.
The film is based on Mr. Peabody & Sherman comic,cartoon or whatever it originally was where they had adventures through time and history. It's quite interesting and packs a wonderful family punch and the kids would probably love this as well the adults.
You can bet this movie is a lot of fun, it excels in animation and fast pacing that when there traveling in the wayback or in a situation it's like a jolt of excitement. You can say that this is one of the best animated films of the year.
The performances are amazing, I don't all the voice actors but Ty Burrel who voices Sherman was excellent and while I don't know who voiced Penny and Mr. Peabody I dound them too be great as well.
All the elements of a good animated kid's film are not present it lacks that gut feeling you have for the characters, but the gut feeling of them surviving a situation is there from the problems occurrence to the resolve. I give Mr. Peabody & Sherman a four out of five.
½ September 2, 2016
Sherman was not that slow witted in the original show. He understood Mr. Peaboy's puns. The changes to Sherman's character bugged me.