Mr. Peabody & Sherman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. Peabody & Sherman Reviews

½ November 26, 2017
The animation is nice, albeit pretty standard, and the story demonstrated real potential when it gave us some moments of wonder, excitement, and even a few where it showed some real heart, but for the most part, it just doesn't quite deliver. The convoluted story takes a little too long to get going and lacked emotional heft, not to mention that most of the supporting characters are far more entertaining than Mr. Peabody himself. It's certainly not terrible, but it's missing too many ingredients to make it great.
½ November 21, 2017
gooddddddddddddddddddddd.
October 19, 2017
This would have been better if it stuck to the show's intention
September 30, 2017
There are plenty of trashy and meaningless animated films (the worst being the Ice age franchise) produced for the sole purpose of profiteering at the Box office. But Mr Peabody is not one of them. Just when I thought Ratatouille couldn't be bested or equaled as my favourite animation film, along came a dog voiced by Ty Burrell, much to my delight. Of course I may be bias because mr nice guy Ty from Modern Family has long been a huge favourite of mine and probably the only reason I watch Modern Family. Maybe the fat gay guy as well, on TV of course. I digress. Back to Mr Peabody. Indeed, this was a top notch animation that entertains with impeccable truckload of puns spouted out by the deadpan Peabody, who gave the audience a fantastic whirlwind tour back in time for a glimpse of the french revolution, ancient pyramids, Troy, Mona Lisa, and the president that did not chop down a cherry tree. One could perhaps thought the film was educational. Perhaps but much of the historical gems would be lost to the uninitiated. Indeed, this film does require the audience to be adequately educated in the major events in history, from ancient to modern political and pop culture to be able to fully appreciate the intelligence and humor of the movie. Only in the animated world of true equality, a dog should be able to adopt a human baby, just as a human can adopt a puppy dog.
½ July 5, 2017
Now, when I saw the commercials for this, I had high doubts for this movie since other film adaptations based on cartoons were not good. But it turned out to be OK, which isn't as bad as I expected, but it's not one of my favorites. Compared to other movies made by DreamWorks Animation, I don't like it as much as The Croods, Rise Of The Guardians, and/or Madagascar 3, but then again, I'd take this over Turbo any day. So in all, I didn't think it was a great movie, but still, I liked it fine. Not a great movie, but still decent enough for me to recommend.
June 12, 2017
Mr. Peabody And Sherman is a decent movie with a fun 2nd haif,Some good visuals, Sherman and funny historical figures.
Even though the weak writing stands out because of other characters and the first half, it's still a fun ride.
Story:6|10
Visuals:7|10
Characters:5|10
Overall:6|10.
½ June 3, 2017
Very good, I like how the story was set and lot of amazing parts. Dreamworks got great movies.
½ May 29, 2017
This.. Is almost frustrating to watch. I understand it's for children but I almost feel like every animated movie made recently at least tries to appeal to an older crowd as well. There are so many ridiculously obvious holes in the movie I can't focus on anything else.
½ May 5, 2017
I really liked this movie. It has a lot of heart, humor, sweetness, and likable and even believable title characters (despite one of them being a dog). While there are a few things to critique about, I think this movie should be given a look. People when it came out thought it was "to clever" for a family audience.....yeah right. Give it a watch, I recommend it.
April 1, 2017
What could potentially be an unique take on father-son relationship told through an enganging and maybe even educational story and overall high quality jokes ends up being a decent at best attempt at emerging itself amongst its animated competitors with (mostly) corny humour, trying-too-hard-to-be-smart plotline, the characters that are more annoying than they are amusing and relatable and a chance to beat the animations-are-for-little-kids stereotype right into the face wasted on pandering to tastes of sunday cinema wanderers otherwise known as incompetent parents. Despite that 83-words-long sophisticated sentence of upright criticism I've just created, watching 'Mr Peabody & Sherman' has its inexplicable charm, especially given how greatly voiced and animated it is and how it sometimes manages to cheer you up through (sadly only) a few of truly great moments. In short, this 2014 Dreamworks animated feature is definitely worth seeing, but don't set you bar too high. Who knows, maybe you'll find out to have a deep regard for some of its t i m e l e s s jokes?
Okay, I'm out.
March 29, 2017
A fun cartoon where a dog adopts a boy and they travel through time on adventures
½ March 26, 2017
I like this film. The animation is nice, the comedy is good, and the titular characters are likeable. It's an interesting film from Dreamworks, and very educational for the children. The voice acting is also very good. The only problem I sort of had with it is that the plot, while good, is a bit convoluted. Despite this, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, while not one of the studio's best, is good, colorful, heartfelt fun for the whole family.
½ January 11, 2017
I really enjoyed this one as it was great to see this old cartoon brought back to life and I can hardly wait to see the next installment.
½ January 1, 2017
A bit of a romp, watched with a ten-year-old grandson last night it went down quite well. Some nice time twists, plus values of parental love and separation from growing children. A few stereotypes and a fairly passive female character, but pretty good.
December 28, 2016
Lively animation that also educates as it goes along.
December 18, 2016
Clever, smart, and full of laughs.
November 14, 2016
Likable story and clean family fun
½ November 9, 2016
I loved this movie. You can finally see some film adaptation of Jay Ward's cartoons that ACTUALLY WORKS. Mr. Peabody and Sherman themselves are pretty amazing, fun and likable. I actually find Penny cute and likable as well but definitely not for Ms. Grunion. As for Sherman & Penny, they reassemble many things happened between Hiccup and Astrid such as the hatred, romantic flight and then crush. Some of which works just fine while others don't work all that correctly. The jokes inside this film are actually pretty funny and this film is very interesting as well. Too bad this film didn't do good in box office but like some DreamWorks movies, DO NOT LET THE BOX OFFICE FOOL YOU. It is definitely worth purchasing, just not DreamWorks' best one like How to Train Your Dragon or Shrek. DreamWorks would have a much better time (or at least, reputation since Pixar seemed to having split their capabilities with Walt Disney therefore not as strong as last decade) if they replaced their unsuccessful Home with this kind of movie.
½ October 31, 2016
A cute little film with a better than expected performance from Ty Burrell as Mr. Peabody.
October 26, 2016
If every dad was like Mr. Peabody life would have been much better.