Mr. Peabody & Sherman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. Peabody & Sherman Reviews

November 14, 2016
Likable story and clean family fun
½ November 9, 2016
I loved this movie. You can finally see some film adaptation of Jay Ward's cartoons that ACTUALLY WORKS. Mr. Peabody and Sherman themselves are pretty amazing, fun and likable. I actually find Penny cute and likable as well but definitely not for Ms. Grunion. As for Sherman & Penny, they reassemble many things happened between Hiccup and Astrid such as the hatred, romantic flight and then crush. Some of which works just fine while others don't work all that correctly. The jokes inside this film are actually pretty funny and this film is very interesting as well. Too bad this film didn't do good in box office but like some DreamWorks movies, DO NOT LET THE BOX OFFICE FOOL YOU. It is definitely worth purchasing, just not DreamWorks' best one like How to Train Your Dragon or Shrek. DreamWorks would have a much better time (or at least, reputation since Pixar seemed to having split their capabilities with Walt Disney therefore not as strong as last decade) if they replaced their unsuccessful Home with this kind of movie.
½ October 31, 2016
A cute little film with a better than expected performance from Ty Burrell as Mr. Peabody.
October 26, 2016
If every dad was like Mr. Peabody life would have been much better.
October 15, 2016
This movie is so much awesome, and I fell in love for it
September 23, 2016
A kid show couldn't be better! It was funny, full of pun worthy humor for the adults watching and wasn't insulting anyone's intelligence or sacrificing the humor. Would recommend to anyone of any age if they're looking for a classic good hearted movie.
September 16, 2016
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (2014)
Starring: Ty Burrel, Max Charles, Ariel Winters, Allison Janney, Ellie Kemper, Stephen Colbert, Stephen Tobolowsky, Karan Brar, Joshua Rush, Adam Alexi-Malle, Stanley Tucci, Leslie Mann, and Lake Bell
Directed by Rob Minkoff
Review
HE'S LEAVING HIS MARK ON HISTORY
You know I'm beginning to believe that Dreamworks is getting better with their animated feature films, I've heard great things about their How to Train Your Dragon movies, which I have not seen and this film in particular was surprisingly not just good but great.
The Film revolves around Sherman who bites a girl named Penny, after she calls him a dog. His father a dog named Mr. Peabody decides to clear this up by having Penny and her parents come over for dinner. Penny doesn't believe Sherman when he tells her about meeting George Washington, so he shows her The Wayback which is a time machine and she becomes engaged to king Tut. Mr. Peabody and Sherman attempt to get Penny out but they stop along the way when the wayback runs out of battery and must return home to stop the portal bringing everyone from the past to the present.
The film is based on Mr. Peabody & Sherman comic,cartoon or whatever it originally was where they had adventures through time and history. It's quite interesting and packs a wonderful family punch and the kids would probably love this as well the adults.
You can bet this movie is a lot of fun, it excels in animation and fast pacing that when there traveling in the wayback or in a situation it's like a jolt of excitement. You can say that this is one of the best animated films of the year.
The performances are amazing, I don't all the voice actors but Ty Burrel who voices Sherman was excellent and while I don't know who voiced Penny and Mr. Peabody I dound them too be great as well.
All the elements of a good animated kid's film are not present it lacks that gut feeling you have for the characters, but the gut feeling of them surviving a situation is there from the problems occurrence to the resolve. I give Mr. Peabody & Sherman a four out of five.
½ September 2, 2016
Sherman was not that slow witted in the original show. He understood Mr. Peaboy's puns. The changes to Sherman's character bugged me.
½ September 1, 2016
Mr. Peabody and Sherman in my opinion is an average film. What that means is that this film isn't great but it's not terrible. The characters in this film are good. I really like the characters of Peabody and Sherman. I don't really like all the other characters. Like Penny who is the only reason for the plot. Sherman and Penny go from being rivals to flying over France together. I also hated the story. I didn't really like the idea of time travel. I felt like that DreamWorks could've told a different and better story with all of these characters. Still a good film to rent. If your a die hard DreamWorks fan you'll enjoy this movie.
August 28, 2016
I just finished seeing this on TV, & as a fan of the original show, I'm glad I did. It's a pretty decent update, but respects the lighthearted comedy of the source material.
3 & 3/4 stars, easy.
July 23, 2016
Great movie, perfect for everyone in the family and reminds me of my childhood on multiple levels.
½ July 19, 2016
The characters Mr. Peabody and Sherman are fine. It does get annoying how dumb Sherman can be though. The rest is just alright. The time travel is pretty cool, but after Sherman goes to school, it goes downhill because the plot just isn't very good. By the end they do some cool stuff, but it's just not done as well as it could have been, and it doesn't work as well with the plot. Overall, this movie is alright, kids will definitely love it, but it's a little too uneven for adults to love it. This is a poor attempt at time travel, and time travel for kids.
½ July 16, 2016
You gotta love Ty Burrell as Mr. Peabody. This one would be for the "older" kids, as there are a lot of historical references. Good for adults too.
July 3, 2016
Mr. Peabody and Sherman is entertaining and great. This movie is a great family movie and for you adults it will take you back to your childhood if you grew up with Mr. Peabody and Sherman. This movie relates so much off the tv series and you don't have to see the tv series to see the movie. I would suggest this movie.
July 1, 2016
Fun, educational and well-animated if unremarkable.
June 28, 2016
I must say that I was deeply surprised by just how good this movie turned out to be. It's funny, and highly entertaining.
½ June 23, 2016
160623: I'm thinking, on watching this film a second time, I'll likely give it four stars. Not familiar with Peabody and Sherman cartoons but it didn't matter. Good story with some adult humour; and fart humour for that matter. Some may even consider it a bit educational. Heart warming. Nice. 3.5+
½ June 19, 2016
An amazing move about history
June 17, 2016
Lego movie is way better
½ May 27, 2016
Ahh! This is funny. Bits!