Mrs. Winterbourne Reviews

• May 01, 2015

No wonder Lake went into talk shows and it was non to soon by her less than stellar turn here.

• Mar 18, 2015

Very cute and heartwarming!!

Very cute and heartwarming!!

• Jul 30, 2014

Mrs. Winterbourne is a disappointing film. It is about Connie Doyle who is eighteen and pregnant when her boyfriend kicks her out. Ricki Lake and Brendan Fraser give terrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. Richard Benjamin did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.

• May 19, 2014

muy duvertida y tierna

muy duvertida y tierna

• Sep 21, 2013

i loved it, and the delivery of the jokes i like that lake is not a stereo typical beauty, shes was entertaining as Shirley and the rest of the cast. i knew it would be a little kitsch but nice if you just want to chill, not overly think and have laugh

• Aug 08, 2013

Light fluffy romantic comedy. Let's not ask of it for more and simply enjoy it. I certainly did.

• Aug 06, 2013

Directed by Richard Benjamin, (The Money Pit (1986), Mermaids (1990) and Made in America (1993)), this adaptation of Cornell Woolrich's 1948 novel I Married a Dead Man was originally pitched as a serious film, but was turned into a light and fluffy romantic comedy-drama on the suggestion of the producers. It's got some good moments, and it's better than the critics said. 18 year old Connie Doyle (Ricki Lake) is heavily pregnant and dumped by her womanising boyfriend Steve DeCunzo (Loren Dean). She accidentally ends up on a train going from New York to Boston, where she meets Hugh Winterbourne (Brendan Fraser) and his wife Patricia (Susan Haskell). However, the train crashes, Hugh and Patricia are killed, and Connie wakes up in hospital where the staff believe her to be Patricia Winterbourne and she's whisked away to the Winterbourne home, ran by matriach Grace (Shirley MacLaine) and son Bill (Fraser again). Connie accepts this new life, but her past catches up with her. It's got some good moments, and some good performances as well. MacLaine is wonderful as always, and it's shocking that they still manage to get laughs out of the film, considering an heir and his wife and unborn child were killed in the film, but that's soon forgotten about, and doesn't spoil the film.

• Jul 17, 2013

A film that surprisingly was not well received at all by critics & audiences alike and to be honest I don't understand, it's no Oscar winner but Its not that bad. The story of a common woman who is pregnant who is mistaken as another wealthy woman who is pregnant. A modern (far more comic retelling) of the 1950's film A Man of her Own but I must admit Ricki Lake is no where near as talent as Barbara Stanwyck is. I stand by it often the right butler in a film can make the film & Paco the butler in this film is complete crack up. A funny film that I feel is a little underrated...

• Jun 23, 2013

A homeless pregnant woman is mistaken for the wife on a wealthy man who died in a car crash and is brought to the wealthy mansion of her new family. The script is dull and constantly stretches the grouds for believability. What should have been a Ricki Lake vehicle was obviously a disaster, and it's up to the supporting cast to bring the quality of the performances up a little.

• Mar 24, 2013

Not one of the best movies out there, but for some reason I still love it. Maybe it's my undying love for Brendan Fraser. Fraser as Hugh, even for a brief moment, was my favorite character. He was just so lovable! Chemistry seemed a bit off between Fraser, as Bill, and Ricki Lake, but Shirley MacLaine and Miguel Sandoval breathe life into the movie with the effervescence. Overall...I can watch this movie anytime...so I'm bumping it up a half a star for that! Thank you, Vudu for the free sign-up credit so I could get this for cheap! I say, watch it if you really like chick flicks.