Mulholland Drive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mulholland Drive Reviews

October 12, 2018
Definitely a turn for the weird, even by David Lynch standards
October 6, 2018
Blending horror, tragedy, and absurdism in a fascinating albeit bizarre underworld of Hollywood fantasy amid a depressing reality, this brilliant, puzzling, and surreal cult classic may (at first) test our patience with an incoherent story and a plot so frustratingly nonsensical, but then offers a truly captivating and mind-boggling final act that subverts our expectations and makes the film welcome to multiple viewings.
October 2, 2018
David shows once again that he's the master of dreams with Mulholland Drive. It has all the ingredients of a Lynch movie and wraps up in a satisfying way.
September 11, 2018
September 5, 2018
My all-time favorite. Watch it more than once.
August 31, 2018
Not calling this the best movie of all time, but it is definitely the best film I have ever watched. A surrealist, beautiful drama, I could go on about some issues in the beginning half, but by the end you are wondering if they were even issues at all.
August 28, 2018
August 23, 2018
August 22, 2018
i wouldn't rate this boring fluff so high...
August 12, 2018
August 9, 2018
One of the most complex, seductive and brilliant journeys into the obscure underworld of the unconscious mind to ever be experienced, brought to us by the incredible mind of a filmmaker who pulls us into an elaborate dreamscape that holds the key to an extremely sad reality.
August 8, 2018
July 27, 2018
This is an excellent and unique film full of hidden meanings that deserves multiple viewing. I'm now flickering through all sorts of explanations on the web.
½ July 27, 2018
A brilliant work from David Lynch
July 26, 2018
Two and a half hours waiting, hoping that this movie would pay off, but it never does. This is one of those artsy things that get high ratings by people who don't care if a movie has a plot.
½ July 25, 2018
David Lynch's Mulholland Drive is a unique movie. Unique because regardless of what you consider- if you liked the film or not- you will think about what you just saw. It is a reactionary film in ways because it toys with your perception. Naomi Watts arrives in Los Angeles as a wide-eyed starlet who finds a mysterious woman, shaken and damaged in her apartment. With her career not going as desired she teams with this woman to solve the mystery of who she really is and how did she come to be in that situation. This is a psychological film with multiple layers and themes which might confuse you. Lynch is an auteur and all his films reek of atmosphere and this one is no different. You should try Mulholland Drive- I enjoyed it and will see it many times in time to come.(A hauntingly atmospheric piece by Lynch).
July 25, 2018
Wonderful movie. The most sensitive by David Lynch.
½ July 23, 2018
Mulholland Drive is not an easy film to sit through and one might even get tempted to get up midway and leave. But if you understand David Lynch and his mind you'll find a lot to appreciate here. At the top of my head is the stunning atmosphere. This film reeks of a certain "vibe" and even though the film is long it keeps this vibe all throughout. The soundtrack only helps and the acting from everyone involved is exactly what David Lynch likes it. The story is too convoluted to mention here but all I can say is this film is something of a challenge and you should definitely give it a shot. (Lynchain Universe invites you to have a look; go for it).
July 22, 2018
Depth: 2/2
Importance: 2/2
Relevance: 2/2
Artistry: 2/2
Imagination: 2/2

Total: 10/10
July 20, 2018
Fortunately or unfortunately, I was inadvertently front loaded with the film's basic structure. Had I not been aware of this, there's a good to very good chance I might have walked out. While the performances were solid, the film is an overrated, over arched attempt at creating a mysterious look into the depths of a female actor's unconscious. The result was a forced grown-up version of The Wizard of Oz. The film had many gripping moments with beautiful subtleties from the performers but I walked away with an even further cemented conviction that Hollywood is a cesspool in a land of broken dreams. Mr. Lynch should go and study Mr. Hitchcock's films if he wants to learn how to develop the art of true mystery. It seems however, he would rather hit viewers over the head with a sledgehammer. On another note, did anyone get reminded of Tales of the City? Now that was a lovely piece of work. Save yourself the agony and skip Mullholland Drive.,