Mulholland Drive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mulholland Drive Reviews

½ December 18, 2018
The good news: The film is drenched in atmosphere. That shouldn't be a surprise. Credit the cinematography of Peter Deming and the score by Angelo Badalamenti. Mulholland Drive is filled with its share of "Twin Peaks"-ish moments. This is why the atmosphere is so important to most movies but especially to this kind of films. But, after a promising start and an engaging midsection, there's the third act to deal with. And it's not a pretty sight. Lynch cheats his audience, pulling the rug out from under us. He throws everything into the mix with the lone goal of confusing us. Nothing makes any sense because it's not supposed to make any sense. There's no purpose or logic to events. Lynch is playing a big practical joke on us. He takes characters we have come to care about and obscures their fates in gibberish. Some people will undoubtedly decide this is all very deep and will find hidden meanings in everything, but they're giving Lynch too much credit. This is not good filmmaking; it's immature and wasteful.(Amazing first two thirds, then cop out).
December 8, 2018
Sfido chiunque a dare un giudizio oggettivo e sincero dopo una sola visione di Mulholland Drive. Il problema Ŕ l'estrema complessitÓ della pellicola, che va ben oltre gli standard posti dal misterioso regista. Quello che lui vorrebbe Ŕ un'interpretazione da parte di ogni spettatore, ma vista la complessitÓ dell'opera alla fine del film non resta praticamente nulla, tranne un infinito numero di domande. Lo stile onirico classico delle sue pellicole ovviamente manifesta la sua martellante presenza, con riferimenti ai sogni e all'inconscio molto pi¨ numerosi dei precedenti film. Tecnicamente il film non ha nessun tipo di problema e le immagini risultano ricche e uniche. Se per˛ alla fine sono costretto a rivederlo per capire vagamente di cosa parli, allora penso che l'opera, presa singolarmente, non riesca a funzionare del tutto.
½ November 10, 2018
There are three ways to watch Lynch's neo-noir dreamscape 'Mulholland Drive'. Most common are for viewers to find it evasive and dismiss any true meaning behind its script. Secondly some try and cling on to all of it's possible meanings and end up feeling defeated. The proper way to watch, to truly enjoy this cinema, is to accept your own interpretations and decide what to absorb and what to exempt from the journey. Regardless of your mindset prior to viewing, you won't take your eyes off the screen and will be left with deep rooted curiosity... or anger. THERE IS NO RIGHT ANSWER when it comes to Lynch. Having seen the entirety of his work and having paid close attention to his almost non existing explanations of his projects, I promise you, he loves to fuck with us.
October 31, 2018
David Lynch's Mulholland Drive is a unique movie. Unique because regardless of what you consider- if you liked the film or not- you will think about what you just saw. It is a reactionary film in ways because it toys with your perception. Naomi Watts arrives in Los Angeles as a wide-eyed starlet who finds a mysterious woman, shaken and damaged in her apartment. With her career not going as desired she teams with this woman to solve the mystery of who she really is and how did she come to be in that situation. This is a psychological film with multiple layers and themes which might confuse you. Lynch is an auteur and all his films reek of atmosphere and this one is no different. You should try Mulholland Drive- I enjoyed it and will see it many times in time to come.
October 26, 2018
After watching left a lot of conflicting feelings, from an absolutely incomprehensible story to the most magnificent game of the main characters. have to review this movie again using boxxy software , there is very easy curated content and for free
October 12, 2018
Definitely a turn for the weird, even by David Lynch standards
October 6, 2018
Blending horror, tragedy, and absurdism in a fascinating albeit bizarre underworld of Hollywood fantasy amid a depressing reality, this brilliant, puzzling, and surreal cult classic may (at first) test our patience with an incoherent story and a plot so frustratingly nonsensical, but then offers a truly captivating and mind-boggling final act that subverts our expectations and makes the film welcome to multiple viewings.
October 2, 2018
David shows once again that he's the master of dreams with Mulholland Drive. It has all the ingredients of a Lynch movie and wraps up in a satisfying way.
September 11, 2018
September 5, 2018
My all-time favorite. Watch it more than once.
August 31, 2018
Not calling this the best movie of all time, but it is definitely the best film I have ever watched. A surrealist, beautiful drama, I could go on about some issues in the beginning half, but by the end you are wondering if they were even issues at all.
August 28, 2018
August 23, 2018
August 22, 2018
i wouldn't rate this boring fluff so high...
August 12, 2018
Mulholland Drive is not an easy film to sit through and one might even get tempted to get up midway and leave. But if you understand David Lynch and his mind you'll find a lot to appreciate here. At the top of my head is the stunning atmosphere. This film reeks of a certain "vibe" and even though the film is long it keeps this vibe all throughout. The soundtrack only helps and the acting from everyone involved is exactly what David Lynch likes it. The story is too convoluted to mention here but all I can say is this film is something of a challenge and you should definitely give it a shot.
August 9, 2018
One of the most complex, seductive and brilliant journeys into the obscure underworld of the unconscious mind to ever be experienced, brought to us by the incredible mind of a filmmaker who pulls us into an elaborate dreamscape that holds the key to an extremely sad reality.
August 8, 2018
July 27, 2018
This is an excellent and unique film full of hidden meanings that deserves multiple viewing. I'm now flickering through all sorts of explanations on the web.
½ July 27, 2018
A brilliant work from David Lynch
July 26, 2018
Two and a half hours waiting, hoping that this movie would pay off, but it never does. This is one of those artsy things that get high ratings by people who don't care if a movie has a plot.