My Bloody Valentine Reviews

• Sep 03, 2019

This is my all time favourite slasher movie. My Bloody Valentine has a great concept with really likeable characters, an eerie but awesome soundtrack by Paul Zaza and a great looking killer portrayed very menacingly by Peter Cowper with a nice whodunnit touch to the story. The kills are really good, if you've watched the uncut edition then you know what I'm taking about. I mean you might not like it as much as Halloween or Friday the 13th but it deserves a watch and sadly a lot of people will just assume it to be a crappy slasher which, it's not. I highly recommend the uncut edition which is currently out of print, but in February 2020 shout factory is going to release a new edition.

• Jun 28, 2019

Just another slasher boosted with gore, rare to find good acting, a memorable villain, and beautiful shooting locations

• Jun 18, 2019

One of my favorite horror movies. In the unrated version had so many cool and disgusting kills I ever seen. Would recommend

• May 22, 2019

A bit of gore and fairly creepy. This film for some reason is fairly unknown. The production effort and value put into this is quite staggering. It has a tight atmosphere, almost nothing to draw you away from the overall experience.

• Feb 15, 2019

Story didn't make any sence but I love the kills and the gore that it's in this movie.

• Nov 10, 2018

In terms of low budget 80's slasher flicks, this one is pretty underrated to me.

• Oct 01, 2018

From the golden age of slasher flicks My bloody Valentine is in the top ten. Cliche dialogue with young people drinking lots of beer. Fun , gruesome and mysterious with a twist. Authenticity shot in a real abandoned mine in a small Canadian town.

• Jun 30, 2018

Love it. One of the best slasher horror flicks of the brief genre. Outside of Carpenter's Halloween, probably the best. The special effects were particularly strong, not only given the years of the film's release, but by most any physical standards. That written, it is still a slasher-film. Don't expect Shakespearean dialogue or accomplished method-actors.

• Feb 22, 2018

2/5. While the setting of My Bloody Valentine is cool and the comic relief is solid, the main characters are insufferable and the gore was all cut out of the movie by the MPAA. Not worth your time, unless you are watching the uncut version.

• Feb 17, 2018

I guess it's better than the Friday the 13th sequels? Sort of funny at points? The actors elevate a terrible movie that throws sense out the window and just goes for whatever it feels like doing. The execution of the terrible script is just as poor. Every "murder" feels inevitable--no tension whatsoever. There are laughable moments, but for the most part its as skippable as these things come.