Naked Lunch Reviews

• 2d ago

Not for everyone, for sure. But one of Cronenberg's best. If you like "Videodrome" and "Dead Ringers", you will love this film.

• Jun 29, 2019

Weird nightmare anticipated and you got it loud and clear .

Weird nightmare anticipated and you got it loud and clear .

• Jan 28, 2019

A really sick and sad movie. It is even sadder that anyone would produce such pure garbage. No plot, just endless nonsensical dialogue, heavy drug use (LSD/Horse/etc...), and every type of imaginable perverse interpersonal and people/animal acts. Maybe if you are on acid or riding the horse you might make sense of this junk, maybe it might make a connection with you... Don't waste two hours of your life that you will not get back by watching this...

• Sep 09, 2018

I liked the the setting and the acting, the lights, but the movie is very boring, non suspense at all.

• Sep 06, 2018

They don't make such surreal things like this anymore. This movie kind of wraps Cronenberg up at his peak between The Fly and the eXistenZ. Unique stuff that this generation never know they'd miss.

• Jul 09, 2018

I admired the underlying message, and the seemingly clever imagery. I loved the unique atmosphere that is similar to Terry Gilliam's Brazil. And I was fascinated by the gorgeous animation and the designs of the animatronic bugs. But I think this movie is very self-indulgent for its own good. Very, very self-indulgent that the most important action in the movie, which led to all its series of events, happened very quick and there wasn't enough focus on it. The movie's biggest concern is using metaphors that I really didn't care to figure out what they stand for. Therefore, I wasn't engaged with the story nor the characters. Also, the tone of the movie is very slow and cold exactly like the acting. I'm really frustrated because Naked Lunch is my first Cronenberg film, and I was ready to enter his universe, and to be presented to his distinctive directorial style and to his wonderful work as I heard and read many times. That being said, Naked Lunch won't be my last Cronenberg movie because I really felt there was something special and really good deep inside this movie in spite of the fact that I didn't like it. (6/10)

• Jan 19, 2018

• Dec 24, 2017

not one that i want to see all the time but i did enjoy it, very weird

not one that i want to see all the time but i did enjoy it, very weird

• Aug 12, 2017

I still don't quite understand it fully, but I really did enjoy it. It is an extremely strange and well-made picture. I highly recommend it to anyone with an open mind.

• Jul 16, 2017

It was a big trip. I read the book and i liked the movie even better. Well presented tripping of the writer.