National Treasure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Treasure Reviews

August 27, 2017
this is one of my biggest guilty pleasures. This movie makes no sense, like ever. But god dammit it is so entertaining.
August 22, 2017
Its something like the mixture of The DaVinci Code and Mission Impossible :)
August 17, 2017
A fun impossible film trip through history you'll enjoy every time with a great cast and Nicholas Cage in his best role in years.
July 12, 2017
It does not take the liberties it should regarding action, but it does provide a solid adventure puzzler for everyone to enjoy.
June 28, 2017
"National Treasure" is a guilty pleasure that I have just grown up with. It is an insanely implausible and goofy movie but I have such a fun time every time I watch it. I think it is criminally underrated and think it is a clean and really fun adventure that is enjoyable all around. I also really like how the historical elemetns are incorporated in this movie. It's a silly movie, but it is most definiely a fun ride.
½ June 11, 2017
Fun and clever. Altho not historicly acurate at all it was intresting the way they rapped history into the movie. Also the movie was so funny at times.
June 1, 2017
National Treasure is a fun ride for such an illogical premise.
½ May 2, 2017
A fun exploration of American History. It's a nice blend of adventure and fantasy. (First viewing - January 2005 in theaters)
April 10, 2017
I don't understand how this movie is so popular with the audience. And I don't even understand why many people like this overrated film. This movie is a plastic mess, characters dull, directing is bland, action-performances were terrible and presentation is "too many shiny things". But by far the worst thing about "National Treasure" is its nonsensical farce of a plot. There is something that you don't understand everything in this film. It's not a good movie by any means.
April 2, 2017
4/1/2017: An entertaining film. A good cast with an interesting historical adventure.
March 26, 2017
3/18/17 I enjoyed this film, even though it is pretty absurd. As the other reviews state, you have to look past the implausibility of the plot, but if you do, it actually is pretty entertaining. Nick Cage does drive me nuts with his acting because it feels so fake. Still, the story is completely original, even if it does seem a bit absurd and there are certain scenes where you know it is completely unrealistic that they even survived!
March 20, 2017
Nicolas Cage is starting to get on my nerves. Bruckheimer has a thing for making crap films as of late
March 4, 2017
It was adventurous. Not a bad movie at all. There's a 2nd one coming out, so that's something to look forward to.
½ January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 24, 2017
It's absurd, ridiculous, but an entertaining ride for a story that feels like Indiana Jones meets DaVinci Code. Mediocre acting, plot, and action- but the pacing is enough to keep you interested. Rating 7 / 10
December 1, 2016
This was one of my favorite movies as a kid. If I rewatched it I'd probably realize how preposterous the plot it though. If you don't take it too seriously it's a fun family film to watch and the story is really engaging. If in doubt just watch it. P.S. the film score is actually pretty good :)
October 23, 2016
I would critique this film on how the entire movie is more precious to america and history than all of king Mituses silver, but then I caught my 7 year old son touching himself to the scene where nicholas cage's father is tied up in the movie. He's at boarding school now
October 20, 2016
While it tries to be historically intelligent this movie is mostly a classic good guys vs bad guys action flick. Nicholas cage mellows it out to a family friendly level. Not quite charming, its still a fun adventure that goes down the usual Hollywood big budget path.
½ October 16, 2016
National Treasure is a fun, albeit silly, movie for young audiences.
½ September 19, 2016
I loved the movie, I loved how accurate the historical facts were, and I got overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I learned from this movie! Amazing, It just leaves you with a good feeling! That is was right when people laughed!