National Treasure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Treasure Reviews

January 2, 2018
National Treasure is a fun movie, it moves along fairly quickly, and while some suspension of belief is required nothing that doesn't feel right about a movie we know wouldn't really happen. the "magic" of movies stuff. The biggest problem with the movie is Nick Cage, who struts around with his hairy chest, receding hairline and open collars, he looks like he belongs in a Vegas casino half drunk playing at the tables instead of being an MIT, Navy seal, and Georgetown grad. His persona doesn't fit the character and the movie suffers from his overacting, and condescending attitude towards his co-stars, Diane Kruger plays her role well as Dr. Chase when she isn't relegated to the "girl" that cage gets. The sidekick for humors kid Justin Bartha adds some light moments., Bean is a great villain. The script is good, filming is good, and the plot moves along at a good pace with a good message at the end about our real "national treasures". Panoramic vistas of Washington DC and Philadelphia, and historical tidbits highlighted throughout the film give the movie the flavor of a political thriller/heist movie. This is a good family movie, and probably would have been a great movie if not for the poor casting choice in the lead role.
½ December 21, 2017
Very fun and entertaining movie. Some good action, comedy, and general excitement. there are also some cheesy moments but nothing too severe. i miss nicholas cage in his prime. (about 3 viewings)
November 13, 2017
This is the best film on the planet. I don't know what you guys are talking about, but Nicholas Cage is the hunkiest piece of man and the best actor I have ever seen with my own eyes.
October 7, 2017
A fun movie to watch
August 27, 2017
this is one of my biggest guilty pleasures. This movie makes no sense, like ever. But god dammit it is so entertaining.
August 22, 2017
Its something like the mixture of The DaVinci Code and Mission Impossible :)
August 17, 2017
A fun impossible film trip through history you'll enjoy every time with a great cast and Nicholas Cage in his best role in years.
July 12, 2017
It does not take the liberties it should regarding action, but it does provide a solid adventure puzzler for everyone to enjoy.
June 28, 2017
"National Treasure" is a guilty pleasure that I have just grown up with. It is an insanely implausible and goofy movie but I have such a fun time every time I watch it. I think it is criminally underrated and think it is a clean and really fun adventure that is enjoyable all around. I also really like how the historical elemetns are incorporated in this movie. It's a silly movie, but it is most definiely a fun ride.
½ June 11, 2017
Fun and clever. Altho not historicly acurate at all it was intresting the way they rapped history into the movie. Also the movie was so funny at times.
June 1, 2017
National Treasure is a fun ride for such an illogical premise.
½ May 2, 2017
A fun exploration of American History. It's a nice blend of adventure and fantasy. (First viewing - January 2005 in theaters)
April 10, 2017
I don't understand how this movie is so popular with the audience. And I don't even understand why many people like this overrated film. This movie is a plastic mess, characters dull, directing is bland, action-performances were terrible and presentation is "too many shiny things". But by far the worst thing about "National Treasure" is its nonsensical farce of a plot. There is something that you don't understand everything in this film. It's not a good movie by any means.
April 2, 2017
4/1/2017: An entertaining film. A good cast with an interesting historical adventure.
March 26, 2017
3/18/17 I enjoyed this film, even though it is pretty absurd. As the other reviews state, you have to look past the implausibility of the plot, but if you do, it actually is pretty entertaining. Nick Cage does drive me nuts with his acting because it feels so fake. Still, the story is completely original, even if it does seem a bit absurd and there are certain scenes where you know it is completely unrealistic that they even survived!
March 20, 2017
Nicolas Cage is starting to get on my nerves. Bruckheimer has a thing for making crap films as of late
March 4, 2017
It was adventurous. Not a bad movie at all. There's a 2nd one coming out, so that's something to look forward to.
½ January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 24, 2017
It's absurd, ridiculous, but an entertaining ride for a story that feels like Indiana Jones meets DaVinci Code. Mediocre acting, plot, and action- but the pacing is enough to keep you interested. Rating 7 / 10
December 1, 2016
This was one of my favorite movies as a kid. If I rewatched it I'd probably realize how preposterous the plot it though. If you don't take it too seriously it's a fun family film to watch and the story is really engaging. If in doubt just watch it. P.S. the film score is actually pretty good :)