Nice Girls Don't Explode Reviews

• Jan 09, 2018

Crazy fun, inventive and weird. Wish more movies made it their own like this one does. A great example of why I love '80s b-movie comedies so much.

• Oct 09, 2014

Drastically underrated movie

Drastically underrated movie

• Jun 22, 2014

So bad it's good! One of the better b grade films I've seen with a twist. I enjoyed it at least give it a chance then again every one has different taste. :-)

• Dec 01, 2013

April (Michelle Meyrink) has a problem. Whenever she gets anything like passionate with a guy all sorts of things seem to spontaneously combust. The only men she meets more then once are firefighters. Actually, it's Mom's (Barbara Harris) way of trying to keep her little girl to herself, but new boyfriend Andy (William O'Leary) is having none of such nonsense. So the heat's on. Unfortunately it's Fluffy the cat who keeps getting caught in the middle. also stars Wallace Shawn, James Nardini, Margot Gray, Jonas Baugham, William Kuhlke and Irwin Keyes. directed by Chuck Martinez.

• Caesar M Super Reviewer
    May 08, 2013

The title alone got my attention because of how odd it was. While I wasn't expecting anything good I was hoping for some goofy fun. Needless to say I didn't that with the title being the most amusing thing about the movie. Nice Girls Don't Explode is about a woman who starts fires as she becomes aroused. That's a thin premise and even thinner in execution. It's reliance on a single joke wears out quickly and in a 80 minute movie it makes the whole ordeal feel longer than it actually is. It's a bizarre comedy that has no concept of comedy. A guy who gets his leg shaved in the Hospital is consider a joke. With jokes like that you'll remain silent. The worst offense is a twist on the story. Instead of being a story of woman causing fire when aroused it turns into a story about an overprotective mother. It's an odd direction to take the story in and becomes it biggest downfall. It's so excessive in the bad way. Its takes allot just to buy the premise alone and it expects you to be okay with the mother weak (and lack of) explanation for her actions. The characters are all annoying, the plot while goofy fails to a strike a balance with the more tender moments, and finally it is not funny. It doesn't help matter when the acting is plain awful. It's a chore trying to see these clueless actors trying to bring comedy into a scene that doesn't need it. The actors try bad line delivery, cheesy to hamming acting, slapstick, emoting over the top reaction, but nothing works in the actor favors coming off as annoying. Nice Girls Don't Explode title is the only amusement you'll get. For a comedy it is unguided and unsure in everything it does without a single actor who can do comedy. You won't find a fun B-movie here let alone one that'll garner a single laugh.

• May 05, 2012

Aaaaawesome cult guilty pleasure !

Aaaaawesome cult guilty pleasure !

• Feb 06, 2012

Awesome, is this really on DVD now? Last time I checked, it was only on LaserDisc.

• Nov 15, 2011

reminded me so much of freaky friday etc kinda funny but seemed alot older than 87

• Apr 06, 2011

A morality tale of...oh heck I don't know. It's just a goofy movie to spend an afternoon watching. Don't expect to much from it, just enjoy how silly it is.

• Apr 16, 2009