Ninja Scroll - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ninja Scroll Reviews

July 15, 2016
Solidly paced, gory and action packed; although not perfect the movie's elements remind me of what exploitation films deliver with repulsive imagery in entertaining ways.
½ April 10, 2016
Incredible for what it is, Ninja Scroll ranks among the best anime films ever made. Stylish, brutal and fast paced, it forgets the number one goal of an action movie, the fighting.
½ February 17, 2016
Ninja Scroll has some very interesting scenes, the world building is great, the score is pretty good and the action is very well executed and mostly fantastic, but the characters aren't that well developed, the film is rushed at times, it is always a style over substance and the film is too violent and incredibly sexist which was really annoying leading to a solid, but disappointing film.
November 25, 2015
This was much better when I was 12. Watching it now and it looks atrocious.
April 13, 2015
Not recommended for people who get upset when anime isn't nice to them.
December 19, 2014
Classic action packed anime set in feudal Japan.
½ December 13, 2014
Its unbridled surreal/supernatural elements play off in a setting that takes itself all too seriously. This makes for an intriguing, well animated piece that is worth looking at.
November 19, 2014
Full of graphic violence, gratuitous sex and nudity, and badass animation, Ninja Scroll is Anime escapism at its finest.
November 5, 2014
Awesome Japanese manga!! Very bloody
October 7, 2014
Excellent film I love the fast action and direction of how it went!!!!
July 29, 2014
A masterpiece between Japan animation movies!!
½ July 7, 2014
Good plot and decent action; entertaining.
June 15, 2014
A beautifully drawn Japanese animated (amime) film that well written and action packed set in fantasy feudal Japan. A masterpiece among Japanese anime films.
May 9, 2014
hands down, the best anime movie of all times. 1 of my top 5 faves.
April 2, 2014
Great artwork! Great action!
March 10, 2014
Exceptional anime with great action & story. Is an anime all other samurai anime are compared to. Worth owning.
½ January 26, 2014
Depraved, violent, awesome. Rewatching it made me realize how unique and well-developed the characters were, esp. the villains. Quite touching in a cheesy way too.
January 22, 2014
Violent, yes! Entertaining, yes! Completely awesome, YES!
December 28, 2013
A superb highlight of anime cinema, though not quite matching up to the milestone works of Otomo or Miyazaki.
December 27, 2013
Awesome action. One of the first Anime I ever saw and pretty much just endless bloodshed.