Ninja - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ninja Reviews

August 24, 2016
Has something of a comic-book styling to it, which is probably its greatest asset.
½ June 12, 2016
I love martial arts movies, even bad ones... But this is on another level of absolute crap
March 21, 2016
Phenomenal filmmaking. I laughed, I cried, I saw the unlikely ninja hero overcome all odds and karate chop his way to victory! My favorite scene was the one where he threw a ninja star into the guy's spine, killing him instantly. Truly the apex of quality entertainment.
January 23, 2016
Well this action takes you right back to the late 80's early 90's. If you picture 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' but with blood and for an adult audience then you have 'Ninja'. I won't lie to you I found this silly nonsense kinda fun to watch hehe it was full of totally ridiculous set pieces, hordes of blade fodder in the form of a never ending supply of henchmen all wearing identical outfits which is simply hilarious and some really over the top CGI blood spurting. Yes this was an epic slice of hokum.

I gotta admit there was some nice imagery throughout the film with the ninja suits, especially in the dark rainy parts and the dojo sequences at the start. Some cool fights, moves and some nice weaponry to boot...its a film about cool ass ninjas, think about it.
Totally predictable and extremely corny with all the regular goodie and baddie cliches but admittedly Adkins (the goodie ninja guy) has probably the best looking torso I've seen since Jason Scott Lee in 'Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story'! As a man I must admit I was impressed! and this is one of his early films too, before he became even more buffed for the 'Undisputed' franchise.

I really didn't know they made films like this anymore, yet I'm pleased. Really brought memories of my teen years flooding back, the only thing missing from this Shinobi epic is Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa snearing his ass off, now that would have been the ultimate badassery.
September 26, 2015
a pretty good martial arts film. I really like Scott Adkins. He's a decent actor for these kinds of films. Yes, this has hokey dialogue, but you don't go to action movies for the script. It's an entertaining film.
September 4, 2015
I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this film going in. Was it going to be a low budget version of the Wachowski Brother produced "Ninja Assassin" or was it going to be more like a cheesy Menahem Golan/Yoram Globus "Revenge of the Ninja" type of flick. This film seemed to fall somewhere in between. The story is a super corny one about an American ninja, Scott Adkins, sent back to New York from Japan to protect a sacred sword, which a bunch of bad ninjas want. As you might expect, this leads to lots of throwing stars and ninja fights. For a low budget film the fights aren't too bad and and the film does have an enjoyable cartoony feel that reminded me somewhat of "Darkman," though in terms of quaintly it's probably more akin to Darkman II and III. I went into this film expecting to ironically enjoy bad filmmaking in a disreputable and out-of-date sub-genre, but it ended up being an fairly entreating and surprisingly competently made. The start of the film was a bit dull and did seem more like the bad Michael Dudikoff-type of film I was expecting, but it ended up being better than I thought. Not a great film, but I'd go as far as to say it was almost good and probably worth watching for fans of ninja films.
½ August 28, 2015
I'm not sure why a white guy is playing a Ninja, but I am a fan of Scott Adkins either way. Awesome martial artist since Jean-Claude Van Damme. The action is really good even though the story lacked, but you'll enjoy it.
January 31, 2015
This guy is a great fighter. Good movie.
January 15, 2015
A few cool action scenes, but mostly just a lot of slo-mo poses with blood spilling everywhere.
October 31, 2014
Some good action but the story is a little to simple. The acting is just horrible. It kind of ruins the whole movie.
½ August 8, 2014
This is a very silly movie done in the classic 1980s martial-arts style, complete with overly exaggerated fight sequences and statically boring characters. So much more could be done with this genre to keep it interesting.
July 24, 2014
A Solid B-Movie Which Is Decently Made, Which Has Some Nicely Choreographed Martial Arts Sequences, Solid Performances & Breakout Martial Artist Scot Adkins (Expendables 2, X-Men Origins: Wolverine). Directed By Isaac Florentine, Ninja Is A Fast Paced, Fun & Entertaining Film, With Decent Performances A Basic & Formulaic Plot & For An English Speaking Ninja Movie Actually Quite Good, Better Than Most Japanese Ninja Movies. This Is Pure Enjoyment For Martial Arts & Action Fans Alike.
June 26, 2014
None is more deadly than the Ninja. He's the ultimate son....
May 26, 2014
Not bad for a low budget Ninja movie.
½ March 22, 2014
When people want to create fun and it works, the sequel is more solid.
March 13, 2014
Pretty entertaining I must say, pretty much on par with Ninja Assassin. Unfortunately, the actors were atrocious (although Adkins has gotten better in more recent films). The movie was SOOOO predictable, within the first two minutes I figured out the whole thing. But I watched it because I love ninja style and martial arts, and for that its entertaining and watchable. Seems like something that would have been bigger or a cult classic had it still been the 1980's :P
February 9, 2014
This is the first part in the movie i saw last week so this was the beginning of the saga in this part we get introduced to Casey a American orphan that is brought up by a Japanese Ninja master and is trained in the ways of the Ninja and to make it an american film he falls in love with the masters daughter.
Basically this master has 2 top students and one has not truly learnt the ways of the True Ninja and dishonors the school and his master and gets expelled by the master and then the story start from here that the guy that got shunned by the school comes back kills the master and wants what he feels is rightfully his.
Then you basically get the premise of the movie and kick ass action happens not pointless but action that you do not have to think about.
Not for the kiddies.
I promise i will review a kids film soon :)
January 25, 2014
I watched this after watching 'Shadow' so it isn't as good but still an enjoyable flashback to the 80s Ninja films.
January 24, 2014
En riktig kalkon, totalt meningslös film och så dåliga skådisar så man nästan börjar gråta.
Och hur Scott Adkins (Som spelar Yuri Boyka ) kan göra denna skit rulle vet jag ej!!
January 21, 2014
"Welcome brothers, We control the life blood of this planet. A dedicated ring of brothers...Kill him!-Mr. Temple