No. 2 (Naming Number Two) Reviews

• Aug 15, 2012

• Feb 08, 2011

Some awkward scenes don't work, and the Christian message is a bit odious, but I really quite enjoyed myself otherwise. The women are marvellous, especially Blake and Novotny, and the final shot is extraordinary.

• Jan 22, 2011

Not as powerful as some other NZ connected movies but a nice gang hanging around...

• May 27, 2010

This was a first for me. I'm not used to this type of cultural films. This posed a very authentic family with very real characters that people can see today and relate to. I'd say this is a good movie with good intentions. Just that being a first for me, it was like I got hit by a bus. I had to get used to it. The start might hit you hard but the end would leave you satisfied. :)

• Jul 03, 2009

A life in the day of a family. And indeed a quite chaotic one - the life as well as the day as well as the family. Nothing really spectacular is happening; however, Toa Fraser and the actors of this movie draw you inside and in the end you feel like you have known all those different and often difficult characters for quite a while.

• May 24, 2009

• Apr 22, 2009

loved it coz it has fijian cultures in it

loved it coz it has fijian cultures in it

• Feb 25, 2009

Movies based on plays which do not expand beyond the space-confined, actor-centric, spontenaity-fuelled canvas of the original work are a dangerous breed and none, more-so, than this film. This film suffers horribly from transitioning to the big screen where so much of the plot's dynamics that effect magic on a stage become humdrum, cliche, indie-film-fodder with no drive, no ambition, no magic and - often - no real direction or sense. Taungaroa Emile is the real star of the film while everyone, including top-billing star Ruby Dee, present the most unrealistic and inaccurate portrayals of Fijians I've ever seen (though Tanea Heke is a fantastic exception). Pained, tiresome, lumbering snooze-fest that no amount of charm (or its acceptable third act) can save and highly suspect cultural research to boot. No thanks, this is just more forgettable New Zealand art fluff with no market and no hope.

• Feb 08, 2009

An very warm and pleasant film to watch. Great cast. Ruby Dee makes a great matriarch.

• Aug 25, 2008

OK movie, captures all the parts of the family life.

OK movie, captures all the parts of the family life.