Office Uprising Reviews

• Jul 08, 2020

It's Office Space meets Shaun of the Dead with a far less compelling cast and nowhere near as captivating a story. 1 1/2 of 5

• Jan 06, 2020

I don't know why the rating isn't that good on imdb, I found it hilariously good and one of the best comedy movie I have ever seen

• Oct 21, 2019

There have been a fair amount of these wacky movies lately where everyone in an office goes insane and starts killing each other. This is one of my favorites. I liked the cast (Zachary Levi, Jane Levy, and Karan Soni stood out) and they helped make this fun. This is a blast.

• Sep 12, 2019

This movie started strongly with a genuinely funny protagonist who i felt did a great job but by the final act i was agonising for it to be over. The story lacks any real substance and goes through the motions and for every decent joke there are about four bad ones. It's generally well acted and has a good cast but the over the top yelling and overacting type of comedy from the majority of the supporting cast was painfully cringey. Brenton Thwaites was by far the best thing about this film that relies on a story that is a poor imitation of the 2017 film "Mayhem".

• May 05, 2019

'Office Uprising' is an underwhelming horror comedy filled with irredeemably substandard elements.

• Apr 25, 2019

This is one hilarious, fun and insanely enjoyable horror comedy. It's exactly the kind of movie you'd want a see after a long week at work. Office Uprising has got a good cast and a great script. I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard while watching a movie. It's genuinely funny and guaranteed to enhance a bad mood. This one's definitely worth the watch.

• Apr 17, 2019

Office Uprising (2018): 8 out of 10: Office Space meets The Stuff with a dash of Sunset Overdrive thrown in. A slacker comedy where the distribution of a bad batch of energy drink turns the workers of Ammotech (A large arms dealer and consumer products provider) into raging zombie-like lunatics. Our slacker hero Brenton Thwaites comes to the office only to realize that all the departments have created war camps and are in the midst of killing each other. Can he rescue his girl and escape the office or is he destined to have a bad case of the Mondays? The Good: You know this film snuck up on me. I wasn't very impressed a half an hour in, but soon I started to have a good time, and after a while, I really started to have a good time. For all its faults listed below, it does have solid pacing and plot with humor that naturally comes from the circumstances the characters find themselves in rather than forced from above. I am sure there have been better demonstrations on the difference between accounting, marketing, and human resources but I am hard pressed to remember the last time I saw one. The whole HR backstabbing scene is really where this movie started turning around for me. Relatable humor exaggerated with extreme violence is a formula that works well in the right hands and Director Lin Oeding nails it. I talk about the special effects below but kudos to the film for filling the office in question with people. I cannot tell you how many of these office horror films I have seen where the entire staff of a twelve story building is about twenty people (I am looking your way 2010's Fired) A couple of cast shoutouts, Jane Levy is excellent as the geek girlfriend who spends much of this movie tied to a hand cart (don't ask). In a smaller role character actor Kurt Fuller is a great pleasure to see. I honestly wish he had more to do in the movie. Who am I kidding? I would have loved it if he was our protagonist. The Bad: One of the issues I had with the film initially is that it panders to its audience in an almost desperate way. Our slacker hero Brenton Thwaites eventually grew on me, but he is such a cliche I was kind of hoping his co-workers go all 28 Days on him and we would have a more exciting protagonist like well Kurt Fuller as I mentioned above. Brenton Thwaites' character reminded me of Alan Alda from MASH and if there is one person I would like to see evicerateted by a group of zombies from marketing it is Hawkeye Pierce. The Ugly: If I were the visual effects guy or company on this film I would be begging for them to let me use the name, Alan Smithee. Good Lord are some of the effects bad in this film. It is not just one or two mind you, and it is across multiple disciplines from prop body parts, to explosions, to a visual effect on the outside of the building that looks like it was an outtake from Robocopï¿ 1/2 The 1985 version. It boggles the mind that a film with a solid cast and script can stumble so badly here. Doesn't ruin the experience by any means but eye-rolling will commence. In conclusion: Special effects and slacker cliches aside this is a fun romp for anyone who has held a corporate. Give it a little time it does ramp up into something fun.

• Apr 10, 2019

Unexpectedly good! This comedy horror is exactly what you need after a hard days graft at the office. Great comic relief with some plot twists and zombie-inspired violence. Great laugh!

• Apr 08, 2019