On The Rocks Reviews

• 30m ago

Probably the worst movie from a major studio ever made. Apple is behind this piece of boring trash, and Coppola simply calls it in to collect her paycheck. Do not believe the critics. Believe the audience. You will waste 90 minutes of your life watching this slow, boring, plotless, BOMB. I cannot think of a single positive thing in this film. It isn't funny, there isn't a single laugh in the whole film. Not even a smile. No chemistry between the characters, no backstory, long is banal, it is about as interesting as watching paint dry. And we already know the ending from the beginning. The casting of a black male lead as the husband in an inter-racial marriage where everyone is vapid and rich reeks of tokenism. I don't think I have ever hated a movie as much as this one. Sofia Coppola sold-out to Apple and wrote, directed, and produced the biggest bomb ever. This film makes Liz Taylor and Richard Burton in Cleopatra a masterpiece of cinema.

• 10h ago

What you might call 'a small movie' goes a long way here. Craftily made, with a Murray on form (when is he not?). An episode cut out of a marriage to be observed and savoured. Quite an accompishment from Sofia Coppola. Easy on the eyes too.

• 17h ago

That is a good script, acting and directing

That is a good script, acting and directing

• Nov 24, 2020

Nice father/daughter comedy dealing with suspicions of marital infidelity. Bill Murray is classic B.M., and adds a more palatable approach to his strong suspicions of his son-in-law's infidelity as he tosses in quite a few sardonic, albeit, believable quips at every turn. Murray pulls this off whereas we expect most father's would be strongly tempted to wring the young man's neck. Rashida Jones is adorable and puts in a great range of both serious and comedic acting that really makes the whole thing work. Elliott Pritikin Insomnia Films Chief Reviewer

• 2d ago

Lost in translation is one of my favourite movie, so the expectations were high for this one, well knowing how different setting and story would be. I feel just disappointed, no line stays impressed, there seems to be some potential in certain aspects of the characters, all of them are left unexplored. The pace would be good for a movie that would deliver memorable conversations, this is not it. Technically I found the color grading dull, some dialogs framings unfortunates. Bill is the only reason to finish the movie.

• 4d ago

Really, save your time and re-watch Lost in Translation instead. This is quite mediocre.

• 4d ago

Apple should pay me to watch this movie. Slow, with a few chuckles because of Bill Murray. If it wasn't for him, noone in the world would watch this.

• 4d ago

Great moments but moves to slow.

Great moments but moves to slow.

• 4d ago

Not worth the time. Nice videography and pleasant scenes but very boring script.

• 4d ago

Bill Murray at his finest. A very good feel good movie with excellent cast highlighted by BM.