Once Fallen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Once Fallen Reviews

½ April 1, 2015
From the performances that do anything but infuse drama, to the storyline that nosedives after 5 minutes, this film is a MESS. No character is redeeming or deeper than the inside of a shoe, the way the characters were written makes no sense sometimes and are laughable, the story jumps all over and expects us to care about what's going to happen. Not even the performance from the always outstanding Ed Harris can save this pile. Talents are literally garbage heaped in this waste of time. It's called "Once Fallen" for a reason, it could never get back up. Avoid it. F
½ December 26, 2014
Review:
I'm usually a fan of Ed Harris's work, but I found this movie quite weak and the storyline pretty boring. It seemed like it was made for TV and you don't really get to see why Ed Harris is so feared in jail. You also don't get to see what happened to the corrupt cop after all of his evil doings and the ending was corny. I now know why I hadn't heard anything about the film before it came came because it's one of those low budget films that will be forgotten, even though there were some decent actors in it. The only watchable factor is that you want to see what happens to the main character whose trying to go straight, but apart from that, I didn't find it that interesting. Disappointing!

Round-Up:
At the age of 64, Ed Harris is still churning out movies with great performances. From Pain & Gain to a brief role in Gravity, he still makes some decent movies but a lot of them go straight to DVD. He has a unique, cool way of acting which is great to watch but he has made some bad choices of late. I was surprised to see Sharon Glees, who used to play Cagney in Cagney & Lacey, but she only had a small role without much lines. I think that everyone thought that she would have been a bigger star than she was. As for this movie, it started off well and the storyline looked promising, but it went downhill after the main character came out of prison.

I recommend this movie to people who are into their drama/crime movies about a guy who comes out of prison and tries to go straight, now that he has to look after his 5 year old boy, but he keeps on getting pulled in the wrong direction. 3/10
½ April 29, 2013
Monday, April 29, 2013

(2009) Once Fallen
DRAMA

Straight-to-rental, written, directed and edited by Ash Adams which is not a bad effort just because the overall experience is unpredictable, unique and just the same relatable just because the way the characters react and talk. The story first centers on a couple of children whose lives would be changed forever because of a recall of a specific event where no child should ever have to witness but would automatically remember is when a father (in this case Ed Harris) beats a man to death. He, of course goes to prison for doing just that, assuming that he had a very bad temper. it was enough to beat this man to death who was an ex wife's boyfriend, and as a result of seeing one of his kids with a black eye went berserk. The movie then jumps to several years later, and the brothers are older with one of them in prison but not locked up in the same prison as his dad. Theirs an illegal underground no-holds-bar fight happening in the prison where this older brother has been withheld and he's beating up this nobody- UFC style. Aiding him is an African American prison guard who instructs him. But as soon as he leaves prison, he finds out that while his dad was in prison he happens to be a leader of an Aryan nation gang. And this is crucial because the subplot also involves drug turf, corrupt narcotic police officers and working for sleazy bar owner played by Peter Weller. I thought upon watching this film that it's going to be another movie about underground MMA matches taking place but was quite relieved that it wasn't about that since they're so many movies about that. The scene that was resonate with me the most was the screaming matches between biological father and son since we had all screamed at our closest siblings one time or another arguing about nothing- this scene is authentic.

3 out of 4 stars
November 17, 2012
Riktigt bra drama om en ex-fånge (Brian Presley) som kommer ut och får en 5 årig son på halsen samtidigt som han försöker få rätt sida på sitt liv, vilket inte är så lätt med en farsa (Ed Harris) som sitter inne och som är ledare för Ariska Brödraskapet. Chance (ex-fången) gör lite småjobb för en lokal gangster/klubbägare (spelad av Peter Weller, kul att se honom igen) tillsammans med sin barndomskamrat. Ganska snart hamnar Chance och hans barndomskompis i problem med en korrupt polis.

Jag har totalt missat denna pärla till drama och jag är imponerad av hela upplägget där samtliga skådespelare är helt suveräna till och med pretty boy Presley levererar..
October 29, 2012
Good hidden gem. I like "prison" movies, and this is one of the good ones.
August 23, 2012
Half convinced until the end where I got emotive..
March 25, 2012
Enjoyable for a lazy Sunday
½ January 15, 2012
entelws adiafori tainia...krima gia ton Harris!!!!
November 9, 2011
W: 0. Started good. Nice beginning performance by Harris. Downhill from there.
September 4, 2011
"Once fallen" was a very dark film, but the performances saved the film for me. While I know that Peter Weller's character was an aging "cool cat," his character got pretty worn out for me. His "hip" talk was laughable after a while. That was really the only flaw I saw in the film. I think it got a low rating because of it's content. Again, the performances were brilliant and that was well worth it for me. I'd rate this an easy three out of four stars.
½ August 10, 2011
The acting (except Ed Harris ) was so so,great story line ,all in all pretty decent .
June 12, 2011
Mediocre at best drama starring Ed Harris who is convicted to life imprisonment for murdering his sons friends father who was abusing him at a early age.
½ May 2, 2011
entelws adiafori tainia...krima gia ton Harris!!!!
April 24, 2011
I was expecting it to be better being that Ed Harris is in it but it was ok.
½ April 23, 2011
unwatchable garbage. should have been made for tv would have given it zero stars if i could have
April 21, 2011
great plot and some great cast but this movie was missing action...it drew you in right at the start but within 15 of the movie it went dead.
½ April 20, 2011
B-film. Förmodligen gjord för TV i USA. Filmen hade potential men någonstans så slarvade de bort det. Huvudrollsinnehavaren känns inte riktigt 100 och Ed Harris kunde varit lite mer "Bad".
½ April 15, 2011
Great actors in Ed Harris, Peter Weller & Alison Eastwood (Clint's daughter)can't save a boring "seen it all before" movie.
terris85017
March 5, 2011
Ed Harris stars as a husband and father who loses it and beats his wife, who leaves him. HIs son, Chance, goes to jail, gets out 20 years later. His father is still in jail when Chance is released... [watching this movie right now]