One False Move Reviews

• Aug 08, 2020

This is a GREAT film from 1991 and co-written by Billy Bob Thornton. Bill Paxton puts in one of his finest acting performances of his very memorable career. Carl Franklin...man! why did this guy only make a few movies? He is a really good director. This movie starts off very violent and kept me enthralled the whole time. Check this one out if you are looking for something a little different.

• Apr 08, 2020

One False Move is a great film about three criminals wanted for murder. They leave Los Angeles en route to a small Arkansas town. The police chief (Bill Paxton) and two LAPD detectives are waiting for their arrival. Billy Bob Thornton (who co-wrote the script) and Bill Paxton are great here, but Cynda Williams gives a stand out performance as the young woman mixed up in murder.

• Apr 01, 2020

Good movie even after 28 years. Do recommend

Good movie even after 28 years. Do recommend

• Feb 02, 2019

The best thrilling movie ever made!

The best thrilling movie ever made!

• Aug 08, 2018

Beside the racial connotations, that unfortunately are still very present nowadays, the time was not too kind with this work. Still nice, but the 90s feeling is there. and for me is not a good thing.

• May 01, 2018

Brilliant and gripping.

Brilliant and gripping.

• Jul 06, 2017

The film itself seems conventional and familiar with no surprising elements, but it's not about the content, it's about how it is done. And it's done superbly. The strongest part of the movie is actors, of course, especially Bill Paxton and Billie Bob Thornton.

• Apr 14, 2017

Story about two guys who are on the run from the law after a drug deal goes bad. Its about race, its about class, its about mistakes people make. One of Bill Paxton's and Bill Bob Thorton's first lead roles. Both are awesome. Good movie.

• Apr 11, 2017

25 years later I have finally got around to see this film. One false move is a great little thriller excellent performances, a great story, and great dialogue. It's a great crime thriller. It's a bit slow burn in places but overall it's a movie I should've seen the way before this.

• Mar 31, 2017

Underrated indie crime flick! I know Carl Franklin has gone on to directing a lot of television but I'm still interested to see what he'd do with a modern, gritty feature film. Great acting from everyone, including the much-missed Bill Paxton. Worth seeking out!