Operation Avalanche Reviews

• Sep 29, 2020

I found this movie painful to watch. I idea of the movie gets 2.5 stars, but the execution was terrible in my opinion.

• Jun 18, 2020

Capricorn One meets Blair Witch? i just didn't enjoy it i'm afraid - the doc-u-filming style was tedious, it was not funny, frankly i didn't see the point in making the film.

• Aug 11, 2019

If I was a member of the filmmaker's family or friendship circle, I'd be pretty impressed by this low-budget effort which demonstrates a great deal of talent, but on the ruthless ocean of the cultural world, it doesn't do enough to earn its keep, and at the risk of being 'one of those people missing the point', other than the far-too-modern performances (people really need to look how people behaved as recorded on camera in those days) the very fact that this is unconvincing to a jaded, 50-years-after-the-fact eye as 'real', what hope does it have of convincing (were that it's goal) anyone of the 'reality' of the conspiracy - we can all tell the difference between 'reality' and 'news' nowadays, and even particularly convincing faked reports are quickly deconstructed and exposed as lies. What hope some low-budget film, then?

• Jun 29, 2019

The characters motivations are dumb. Couldn't get past that.

The characters motivations are dumb. Couldn't get past that.

• May 18, 2019

What would it take to convince Walter Cronkite, the public, and even NASA personnel Apollo 11 landed on the Moon ... when it didn't? Operation Avalanche earnestly explores the idea the 1969 Moon landing was faked. Was it real, or was it Memorex? Low budget movie, but worth watching late at night or on a rainy afternoon.

• Oct 06, 2018

A very nice touch on the moon landing conspiracy. The directing and filming style is amazing, and had a few really nice cuts, which probably is not that noticeable for ordinary audience. I like the whole vibe of that movie, and the 60's filter over the whole movie. The actors really delivered and you can see that the cast is used to working together. It had a couple of pacing issues, but really minor ones which can be overlooked when presented with the thrilling action phases of the movie. VFX and SFX are great. Also the humor is pretty good when it is supposed to be there. So it delivered as well. The plot is simple but at the end really gives you a lot to think about. It's not cliche it's not cheesy, it's right on point. Overall this is not an amazing movie, because there is nothing that outstanding in it. But everything that it does, it did perfectly well. So this is why this movie is a good movie, and worth a watch.

• Sep 16, 2018

Wild, inventive photography, strong performances -- some hiccups in the plot here and there, but I love this film overall. Great chase sequence too!

• Jun 02, 2018

There are few good things about this movie other than the brilliant concept behind it.

• Mar 09, 2018

interesting movie,well done and effective thriller.nice little cinematic surprise.

• Feb 13, 2018

the cinematic quality is perfect for the era but thats the only good thing about this movie. the sound and frame rates betray anything believable. the script is so unreal its not even worthy of the worst sci movie of the '50s. actors are on a lesser par than most high school productions. anyone could easily do better in their backyard with a super 8 and no experience. i dont even know how i managed to sit through this to the halfway mark. this is a horrible movie. its a zero on a scale of one to ten. you could spend your time better watching grass grow