Operation Condor (Fei ying gai wak) (Armour of God II) Reviews

• Jul 20, 2019

I like naked scenes

I like naked scenes

• Jul 21, 2016

Jackie Chan does Indiana Jones in a desert search for Nazi gold. This film is probably the most Hollywood of Jackie's Hong Kong films prior to "Rush Hour" and "Rumble in the Bronx" and it works really well. This film was actually a sequel to a 1986 Jackie Chan film, but was released in US theaters as the first in the series and the original 1986 film was retitled "Operation Condor." Jackie does some amazing stunts and has clever and inventive fight scenes on some of the biggest sets I've ever seen him use up to this point in his Hong Kong films. My main complaint about the film is how amazingly sexist this film is in it's portrays of the female characters. Jackie is paired with two of the most stereotypical useless women who require constant rescuing from Jackie. This is unfortunately pretty common in way too many action films, but it's so glaring that it just cannot be ignored. It really does cross the line to really being offensive. Now if you can get past that, there are some great sequences in this film that really are memorable, particularly in the film's third act. Another lesser complaint is that there aren't really enough straight-up fight sequences and more of a focus on stunts and gags during the fight sequences. I think that it's that I always want another scene like the one in "Dragons Forever" between Jackie Chan and Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez. So overall, this is not a great film for Jackie fight scenes or a serious "Police Story" type of storytelling, but it's a good one if you want big stunts, broad comedy, and light weight fun, though I'd still rank "Project A" as a better Jackie film to fit that bill, even if it's not as slick and had a much smaller budget.

• Jan 31, 2016

http://letterboxd.com/zbender/film/armour-of-god-ii-operation-condor/ Before Jackie Chan was a taxi driver and a babysitter he was a treasure hunter who delved deep into caves stealing idols and other treasure amidst Nazi intervention. Was he Indiana Jones?! No, he was just Jackie "Asian Condor." Armour of God 2: Operation Condor is kind of an equivalent to Indie, but with his own martial arts spin. Speaking of martial arts, that is what you come in for with Jackie's Hong Kong films. He's won 3 best fight choreography awards in Hong Kong's Oscar equivalent. This film wasn't one of them. Holy fuck though, the man can move. That is essentially this whole movie. Jackie moves fast, kicks ass, and doesn't slow down. The voice dubbing can't even catch up! He's on motorcycles, he's literally flying, and he even puts his feet to good use. This film does not rest, it does not stop to breath, and you better believe this is not a Malick. It is some fun fast Kung fu. While all of this is going on it also sacrifices character development and story. That's a given. Essentially, the story is that Jackie has to race to a secret base in order to obtain 240 tons of gold before Nazis do. Any character that isn't Jackie is pretty annoying and the dialogue and build isn't something that makes you think of this movie as the complete package, but damn you'll forget all that when Jackie flies off a motorcycle, or does his acrobatic ninjutsu. Armour of God 2: Operation Condor overall acts as what I wanted it to: a superbly choreographed action film. It makes me happy knowing that there are others of Chan's on Netflix.

• Nov 06, 2015

Review: This is yet another comedic film from Jackie Chan which sees him playing a Indiana Jones type role, in this, wannabe, action adventure. The storyline and acting seemed extremely amateur but the action scenes were half decent. In this film, Jackie Chan plays Condor, whose hired by government officials, to find some buried gold in the middle of the North African desert. With the help of a historian and a lady who is the granddaughter of a man that went missing whilst looking for the hidden treasure, Condor heads off to the desert whilst fighting off various hitmen who want the map and key to the door behind the gold. Sounds exciting but it wasn't that great. It would have been an epic adventure if Jackie Chan took out the silly jokes because the concept wasn't bad. The whole look of the film was pretty bad as well, because it looked like they used a cheap camera with dodgy effects. Also, the two ladies that were helping Chan to find the treasure, we're really annoying and there constant screaming and bickering became extremely annoying. On the plus side, the action was quite good and it did amaze me how Chan done some of the stunts but it wasn't enough to save the movie. At the time of its release, I did find the whole Armor Of God franchise brilliant but I lost interest whilst watching it the second time around. Like a lot of Jackie Chan's movies, I'm still not getting the humour but the action is making them watchable. Anyway, most of Chan's earlier work is much better than the movies that he made in the latter part of his career but I can't fault him in the action/stunt department which still looks great in this day and age. Disappointing! Round-Up: This is another movie directed by Jackie Chan, which must have been hard because he was the star of the film but I can't believe that he also wrote this awful script. For a man whose made over 100 movies, I have only seen a handful which I've actually enjoyed but I still have a lot of his films to watch so things can only get better!  Budget: HK$115,000,000 Worldwide Gross: N/A I recommend this movie to people who are into their action/adventure/martial arts/comedies starring and directed by Jackie Chan. 3/10

• Sep 05, 2015

Just as thin a plot as the first one (very similar to Indiana Jones), but more goofy! Great action sequences as always. 6.5/10

• Jan 30, 2015

While it can be annoying, especially with the three main heroines, Jackie Chan's acting and direction actually all ties up together at the end, with impressive action sequences which could have you on the edge of your seat, above average comedic jokes that do actually work in this film and a unique twist in the third act of the movie.

• Nov 21, 2014

Armour of God II: Operation Condor is an exciting action/adventure film and it is better than its predecessor. The story is very simple but better than the first movie. Action scenes are breathtaking and stunts are brilliantly choreographed. One of the cool things about Operation Condor is that the movie doesn't rely too much on gore and violence. But it is still managed to accomplished amazing action sequences. Yes the movie has cheesy moments and some cheesy performances, but I love this movie because it is exciting and hilarious. Operation Condor is undeniably one of the best Jackie Chan's movies and one of the most fun action movies that I've ever seen.

• Aug 29, 2014

great mix of comedy and martial arts

great mix of comedy and martial arts

• Mar 31, 2014

Operation Condor(1991) Staring:Jackie Chan,Carol Cheng,Eva Cobo,Shoko Ikeda,Aldo Sanchez and Kenn Goodman Directed By:Jackie Chan Plot/Summary,Jackie Chan returns to his adventuring Indiana Jones-esque Asian Hawk character with this rollicking action-adventure yarn. In this go-around, Jackie (aka the Asian Hawk) is looking for 240 tons of gold stolen by the Nazis and buried beneath the Sahara. Along the way, he teams up with a stuck-up archeologist named Ada (Carol Cheng), a Japanese tourist named Momoko (Shoko Ikeda), and Elsa (Eva Cobo De Garcia), the granddaughter of the Nazi captain who originally hid the booty. Opposing them is various groups of blackguards and mercenaries along with Adolf (Aldo Sanbrell) -- the last surviving soldier from the original company -- who is hell-bent on getting the gold himself. Soon, two of Jackie's companions find themselves sold into slavery while Jackie battles the baddies in a massive WWII-era wind tunnel. My Review The Indianna Jones type Jackie Chan adventure is back, to find gold in an ancient tunnel where a German Nazi died forty years ago. With a new title title and no connection to the first film it seems strange as to why this is a sequel to Armour of God, but it still has the same funny moments, great action and good old Jackie Chan. The opening is quite similar as well, we see Jackie going to reclaim some artifact and there just like yeah take it, all three of them. But then Jackie drinks the holy water and is asked to marry a fat native lady and he's like oh heck no and runs or should I say rolls off. My favorite sequence in the film is the car chase,where all of the bandits are following him by car to retrieve the key, to unlock the door to a cave where there is gold hidden by a German solider who was forced to kill all his men. I really do like this movie but it feels like a weak sequel, I give it a four out of five.

• Mar 26, 2014

I expect the worst and always hope for the best. Several countries are looking for gold that if it goes in the wrong direction, could lead to a global catastrophe. Jackie is hired to retrieve the gold and return to his home country unscathed. Well, he'll battle tribes as well as other countries across the Sahara to retrieve the gold and save the world from another World War. "Have I been poisoned?" "No. But you may wish you had. You've been chosen to marry her." Jackie Chan, director of Dragon Strike, Project A 1 & 2, Police Story, Armor of God, Police Story 1 & 2, The Brothers, The Legend of the Drunken Master, and Who Am I, delivers Operation Condor. The storyline for this picture is fun and a nice mix of Indiana Jones with martial arts. The action scenes are awesome but the acting is mediocre. The cast includes Jackie Chan, Vincent Lyn, Aldo Sambrell, Eva Cobo, and Carol Cheng. "Jackie, if he takes my towel off I'll be naked." "Good. That is something I've been waiting to see." I have always felt Jackie Chan was too mainstream so I never spent a ton of time watching his movies and always preferred Donnie Yen, Jackie Wu, Yuen Biao, Jet Li, and Sammo Hung. I will say this film was entertaining and a worthwhile action picture with fun martial arts sequences and a funny and creative script. Like most Jackie films, there is always a lot of cheese, but this is a worthwhile addition to the genre. "It goes to show we never know what we need or want." Grade: B