Pacific Rim - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pacific Rim Reviews

February 20, 2018
Entertaining popcorn film that delivers on the action but a little lacking in character development. The cast does a good job with what they have but one wishes for a little more, especially the two leads Hunnam & Kikuchi, which could have been an interesting romance considering the situation they find themselves in. Behind the camera, Guillmero Del Toro, creates a fantastic new world that pays homage to the classic kaiju/monster films (they are even called kaiju in the movie). He not only explores the fine aspect of how humans would fight giant monsters (though the piloting system is too complicated a gimmick), but also the aftermath (the fact humans use the dead monster bodies is an interesting aspect). Plus, when it comes to the main event, which is giant robots fighting giant monsters, this movie delivers in spades. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen, though one of Del Toro's lesser films.
February 15, 2018
Unmeasurable action and a good plot involved. This is one of thoses movies which you can't watch only once.
February 2, 2018
Continua excepcionalmente divertido e épico na medida certa.
January 29, 2018
I think I missed the ball on this one. it could have been the most boring movie I have seen in a while.
January 19, 2018
All the fight scene's and CGI work in this film is brilliant and a lot of fun, but I didn't really care for much else in this movie. Most of the characters and dialogue were kinda dumb. The only character I liked in this was Stacker played by Idris Elba. Overall a fairly entertaining giant monster v robot movie.
January 17, 2018
Filme divertidíssimo. Direção magnífica do Guillermo del Toro.
January 17, 2018
Amazing to see this in the cinema, visually stunning movie
January 9, 2018
Great monster movie. Some humor(?) missed the mark, but awesome special effects made for truly epic battles. If you're looking for something fun that isn't all that deep, this makes for a good movie night for the whole family!
January 7, 2018
The best battle in pretty much any giant creature movie I've ever seen
½ January 6, 2018
It's a monster movie so don't expect the best dialogue or the best story ever you are only here to watch robots and monsters fight each other
½ December 26, 2017
Pacific Rim delivers what the trailers promised. Giant robots fighting giant aliens. Nothing less, nothing more. It's more obsessed with the special effects rather than actually developing the characters. Though Guillermo del Toro manages to make it work. The effects are a-maz-ing. Better than the Bayformers movies. The action sequences are well-executed even though I prefer a bigger sense of speed during action sequences. But I guess I should give del Toro credit for having the Jaegers move slowly making the movie somewhat grounded in reality. Performances are great as well. I shouldn't expect Pacific Rim to be hailed as one of the greatest movies ever made but it does deserve its status as either the most awesome dumb movie ever made or the dumbest awesome movie ever made. Doesn't seem like many are anticipating Uprising, though.
December 24, 2017
F

8.2

[Guillermo del Toro]
½ December 23, 2017
An excellent sci-fi film that properly brought giant human driven robot battles to the big screen. Del Toro does an amazing job with this film and Idris Elba steals the show as the tough-as-nails Stacker Pentecost. My only complaint was that we didn't get to see more of Cherno Alpha, Crimson Typhoon and the destruction of the previous Jaegers.
December 21, 2017
Pacific Rim is the kind of movie that you watch in a theatre with a large audience and a bucket of popcorn and a drink. It is massively enjoyable! The action scenes are so awesome and kick-ass. Both the designs of the Jaegers and the Kaijus are very cool and look amazing on screen! In addition, Idris Elba's speech ranks with Bill Pullman's speech, in Independence Day, as one of the best speeches in a movie ever! While Charlie Day and Burn Gorman's characters do get pretty annoying, the visuals and action make up for the missteps. Love this movie!
December 15, 2017
Awesome movie - can't wait for the sequel!
December 4, 2017
killing me but i like it
½ December 3, 2017
The amount of CGI and visual work put into this is outstanding. The plot does have some cliche and easy moments, but Del Toro manages to put a fantasy of young boy onto the movie screen, and still make it, somewhat enjoyable.
November 23, 2017
You can tell the writers are fans of animé such as Evangelion and Gundam, as well as movies like Godzilla and even Top Gun. The acting and story were serviceable enough to bring it all together, but the action is where the movie shines. Some of us have been waiting for a good mech movie for a long time, and it has finally happened. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
½ November 21, 2017
(7.5/10)
Though this film had a few problems with the acting and story, and it even seems like Godzilla vs. Power Rangers, Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim was by far the most entertaining summer movie of 2013.
½ November 15, 2017
A bad Godzilla wannabe.. Unrealistic and wierd.. Most of the film outside the Jaegers I can accept.. But physics doesn't work like that.. they would be crushed by the own weight alone...