Pacific Rim - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pacific Rim Reviews

September 25, 2016
Love it. Best movie ever!!!!
September 23, 2016
With an imaginative story and imagery, and an entertaining cast, Pacific Rim is a successful summer blockbuster.
September 17, 2016
Looks like a well visual effect movie, but might have a crappy story. Maybe it's a rip off of Michael Bays Transformer.
September 15, 2016
Love it. Great mecha movie. The greatest attempt from america to make a mecha movie. Great action, OK characters, great preforemence from Idris Elba! Good music. I Love Gipsy Dangers theme song!
September 11, 2016
It's hard to find a good original blockbuster that is not an adaptation,sequel or remakes.This movie has almost everything including good acting, great idea, great action, well executed characters that you care and a good, solid story. Not to mention the special effects.
September 10, 2016
Great Action Movie! So annoyed I didn't see it in the theatre. Too bad the original cast won't be back for the sequel... definitely a must watch
½ September 5, 2016
This is soooooo fun to watch on blue ray, I definitely enjoyed it. Cool to hear the commentary as well. Its amazing how much love, thought and attention was put into it by Guillermo. Interesting to know his concepts especially regarding the presentation of "heroes" in the film, that was really beautiful.

Inspiring to hear his influences too. Just love any creator with passion.
#mecha <3
September 5, 2016
Very good story, character design, and art production.. Awful casting and script!
August 21, 2016
Just another environut red scare movie. Mako's hot, though. Utterly predictable, flat, & unoriginal.
August 21, 2016
I love Pacific Rim! Edge of your seat entertainment!
August 20, 2016
Pacific Rim is a film about giant robots fighting giant alien monsters. To some, a stupid idea, to others, a masterpiece. There is a reason is that this is my favourite film. It delivers a strong powerful message about coming together to resolve a situation. However, it does replace crucial storyline with intimidating action but this time it has been done for the better. Pacific rim is hooking and none of the fights ever bore you. I will be seeing this film way into the future.
August 11, 2016
A real old-school sci-fi. Best movie-experience in 10 years for me. Dude. Wow.
August 4, 2016
A damn good movie that isn't a reboot.
July 31, 2016
I couldn't tell whether I was supposed to take this film seriously or whether it was a spoof of the alien-invasion genre. It looks great; the special effects and the editing are top-notch. But the plot is absolutely ridiculous.

Earth has been invaded by giant Godzilla-like creatures from another dimension through a "rift" in the floor of the Pacific Ocean. Humans quickly learned that conventional weapons (like aircraft carriers, battleships, and jet fighters) were of no use, so they decided to build giant fighting robots, each driven by a pair of telepathically linked pilots. Within seven years of the first attack, we have a small army of these fighting machines. My country can't build a single conventional battleship in seven years because of politics and budgets, but somehow this movie wants us to believe we could invent from scratch and perfect waterproof robots, brain connection technology, and anti-alien walls. And the most effective way to kill aliens is to punch them repeatedly with giant robot fists, because bombs and missiles just aren't violent enough.

The fights are cool. The pilots are suitably heroic but flawed (in a Top Gun sort of way). The visual style is a blend of Blade Runner, Aliens, Godzilla, and Transformers. It was just too over the top for me, and I can't recommend it to anyone.
July 28, 2016
Basic plot, no characters to really care for, but there's action to keep you somewhat entertained at times.
½ July 28, 2016
It's been a rough few years for Guillermo del Toro, as he had to cancel two high-profile projects that he was set to direct (The Hobbit and At the Mountains of Madness), but now the director has finally come out with a new film that certainly caters to his fantastic visual sense. Pacific Rim works best as a teenage nostalgia trip, and if you grew up with anime and/or Kaiju movies than this is really gonna hit a beat with you. The film is really aligned with the sensibilities of its genres, such as a futuristic world, toy-store friendly designs, and so-silly-it's-cool technology. Del Toro had said in interviews that he wanted this movie to have a more arty feel to it than other summer blockbusters...it doesn't, but a minor complaint overall. Pacific Rim is a banging, explosive, and bombastic video-game of a movie, and that's exactly what it should be.
July 28, 2016
****
I recognize how stupid it is, but...does that really mean it can't be good. The movie looks great, has an amazing soundtrack, and also features some good performances. It's a lot of fun, and worth your time.
July 25, 2016
Guillermo Del Toro has such Amazing Artwork.
This Certainly no masterpiece but it is one of my favourite robot films
i have seen in a while, This is way better than Transformers.

Score: 7.5/10
July 25, 2016
Sure it's cliche filled but has terrific action sequences, great visual effects and some great acting (Though most of the great acting was just Idris Alba)
July 25, 2016
Mr. Del Toro's strange and gargantuan visuals along with alluring entertainment value make for a strong monster movie - they bring personality to a film that lacks originality.