Pacific Rim - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pacific Rim Reviews

May 22, 2018
This was great! it had a compelling story and badass mech robot fight sequences. The theme song was also good.
½ May 21, 2018
This was sort of like Megazord: The Movie... but hey, action was good and so were some of the characters.... so yeah
May 20, 2018
A Great Masterpiece.
May 11, 2018
Surprisingly enjoyable fare. Cheesy acting kept to a minimum and some good action scenes. Del Toro does a good job of making you care.
May 9, 2018
It's a monster movie so don't expect the best dialogue or the best story ever you are only here to watch robots and monsters fight each other
½ May 5, 2018
"Pacific Rim" offers many "bang 'em up, beat 'em up, blow 'em up" fight scenes that many are looking for.
½ May 2, 2018
A visually stunning and awesome movie. Pacific Rim features some of the most bad ass scenes in any movie I have seen. A perfect blend of visual and practical effects makes the movie pure eye candy. The story is not in focus here, thou it exists and gets the job done. Acting is not perfect but is not bad. But, the main attraction, the robot vs monster fights and the science side plot is where the movie shines, and when it shines, the movie is perfect.
April 30, 2018
Do you love giant fighting robots? Then you'll love this. I love giant fighting robots. So I loved this. This is also the best American adaptation of a anime that never existed.
½ April 23, 2018
This is a movie that has a lot of mixed reactions to it, I know people who love this movie and people who hate it and I'm right in the middle. The three main leads are good, the action scenes are all amazing, and the Kaiju are all very cool looking. What I don't like about this movie is Charlie Day's character is just annoying, some of the scenes where they are just talking feel completely pointless, and the story is bland. The big thing I don't like about it is that it feels like a more adult version of Power Rangers, it is giant monsters fighting a giant robot with two people piloting it. This movie is a movie you watch with you son just to watch stuff get blown up and see robots fight monsters.
April 21, 2018
Pretty boring, but funny at times.
½ April 17, 2018
STORYline was boring
½ April 13, 2018
cheesy, boring and utterly forgettable. the script is so shallow it could have easily been written by 'the asylum' team; it's as if it's making the story up as it goes along. even the soulless, repetitive fight sequences are a poor man's 'transformers'.
April 12, 2018
Not my typical fare but had fun with this, and thought the model, this time around, was interesting enough to keep me almost fully engaged throughout
April 9, 2018
OMG. Using all the cliché in the book, and then some. If you are 14 years old and a boy, you'll love it. I am not.
April 9, 2018
Big Robots and Japanese Style. Lots of great action.
½ April 4, 2018
D-. Embarrassingly horrible. Where to start? Bad plot, script, acting, horrible concept execution, unamusing monsters. It insulted its viewers with horribly unscientific inaccuracies while trying to sound smart & trying to make the very, VERY predictable plot not seem so. A child's movie at best.
½ April 3, 2018
The movie echoes mecha anime perfectly, but it sticks to PG-13 stuff and it has kind of a very standard plot, which is a bit dissapointing. The animation and cgi is top notch and the movie should be praised for this more than anything else. Ron Perlman's character is fun to watch.
April 2, 2018
i love this and second
April 2, 2018
basically its mighty morphin power rangers. acting is about as good too. I didnt like the leading actor much. but that could be the writing, not sure.