Paradise Alley Reviews

• Apr 17, 2019

It's an ambitious move for Stallone, and I can't really say he succeeded. It's not as bad as it's reputation, but man oh man is it cheesy. But once you adjust your expectations, which should be easy enough after that hilariously bad song in the opening, sung by Stallone himself, you should enjoy yourself enough with this Rocky retread in a wrestling ring. It's an absurd trip to take, but I had a good time.

• Aug 26, 2017

HOW MUCH ICE TODAY?!?!

HOW MUCH ICE TODAY?!?!

• Jun 28, 2015

Pour sa première réalisation, Sylvester Stallone écrit, réalise, joue le premier rôle et chante la chanson principale de Paradise Alley. Autant vous dire qu'il y a bien trop de casquettes pour celui qui sort de Rocky et semble avoir tenté de faire la même chose avec le catch. Malheureusement trop souvent schématique et absurdement lent, Paradise Alley ne vaut que pour Stallone acteur, qui en fait des caisses comme d'habitude à l'époque. Frank McRae et Armand Assante sont de solides seconds rôles, tandis que la musique de Bill Conti est étrangement toute en retenue.

• Jamie C Super Reviewer
    Feb 27, 2015

From the beginning we knew it was going to be a film that's never going to take itself seriously as we have Stallone singing the soundtrack in the opening scene, As for the film well it's directed, Written by Stallone and Rocky was still fresh in 87 and you can tell that it was a big influence, apart from it's about wrestling not boxing and Stallone is the trainer, He trains his brother who like Rocky is not the sharpest tool in the shed but is good at what he does and has a big heart, The whole film just felt like a wrestling remake of Rocky, It starts very slow but soon picks up when the fights start, As for the fights they were pretty well done, My only problem was there was the cringe worthy humour thrown in that sometimes was funny but most just silly that kind of ruind parts of the film, Overall it's underrated and yet another film Stallone deserves credit for but won't be remembered for it.

• Nov 30, 2014

I ain't nobody's fart catcher. Three Italian brothers are surviving by any means necessary in Hell's Kitchen. One brother survives through brute strength, one by being a con artist, and one as an underground physician. The brothers work together to try and build up the strong brother's confidence to win a wrestling match and take down a rival. "It's my monkey, grease-ball." "It may look like you, but it doesn't belong to you." Sylvester Stallone, director of Rocky II, III, IV; Rambo; Rocky Balboa; Staying Alive; Expendables; and the upcoming Rambo: The Last Blood, delivers Paradise Alley. The storyline for this had a great beginning but then trails off when it focuses on the wrestling match over the family in the slums storyline. The acting was okay and the cast includes Stallone, Anne Archer, Lee Canalito, Armand Assante, Kevin Conway, and Tom Waits. "You fishing for a compliment or something." "Yeah." "I'll mail it to you." I grabbed this off Netflix since I never heard of it as I enjoy most Stallone pictures. The bar setting was very cool and well done and the script was pretty clever; but unfortunately, this takes a Meatballs direction. I wish they stuck to the bar setting and plot, a little like Bar Fly. Overall, this could have been a good film but falls short. "A flying rat!" Grade: D

• Apr 23, 2014

brilliant film classic Stallone film

brilliant film classic Stallone film

• Jan 04, 2014

nice film bit more dialogue then most sly films and if taken lightly this film of brothers is good in the era of rocky 1 enjoyed it and some good acting

• Aug 03, 2013

Three brothers turn to professional wrestling to take them away from New York's Hell's Kitchen. Fresh from the success of Rocky, Stallone sat on the director's seat for the very first time in this drama that takes a lot of the same elements of that film, but also shows a lot of the weaknesses of his cinema; a weak screenplay and the same old forced happy ending.

• Jul 20, 2013

Really good movie, i really liked the characters. I'd say this is a hidden gem among Stallone's work, i love that its about wrestling too! :)

• May 08, 2013

If you've seen the much better and inspirational movie Rocky and are expecting an equally inspiring movie keep walking. The only way I can describe this movie is by using Sylvester Stallone's character Rocky, and sending him down the wrong path, rather than being a successful boxer Stallone's character is somewhat of the brains of this movie (Yikes...). So if you're about to watch this movie grab a thesaurus, and turn on the subtitles, because Stallone talks a lot.