Paradise Lost 2 - Revelations - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paradise Lost 2 - Revelations Reviews

April 17, 2019
This is beyond bullshit. There are so many cracks/chinks in the case against the West Memphis 3 that it would be laughable if the 3 weren't still in jail. The cops refuse to admit their shoddy police work, the worst of which was a coerced confession of a boy with 72 IQ (sound familiar... Brandon Dassey... yes I know this film/case came first). But there's still a ray of light in that the teens are holding up well and making the best of an atrocious situation. And thank god for the support for the West Memphis 3 due to the airing of part 1.
March 26, 2017
I saw the first film a long time ago and didn't recall it was this amateurish. While I have little to no doubt these 3 guys are the victims of yet another false conviction, the movie doesn't present their case as well as it seems it can be made, focussing more on things that are entertaining. Like the loose cannon step-father of one victim, whom the movie seems just as intent on framing as the justice system was intent on framing the three accused in this case. And like Damien Echols, it seems the movie is convicting the stepfather mainly for being weird. Still, these cases are invariably rivetting and tragic, and this film brings those aspects out well.
½ December 20, 2016
A bit repetitious with so many clips from the first movie, but still it is reassuring how it shows that there are supportive people willing to help the defendants prove their innocence for free, as well as the irony of assuming that someone else is guilty because of his appearance.
½ May 14, 2016
An update of the lives torn apart by the murders of three children in a small town. With a lot refusals for the documentarians to film, the focus gravitates around one of the more vocal parents of the deceased and a group supporting the three convicted as the legal process continues to unravel.
April 24, 2016
This one gave a little more information than the first, but it included a lot of flashbacks and information from the first one. It did a great job of making me dislike Mark Byers even more.
August 27, 2015
The follow up to the documentary of the Robin Hood Hill child murder case that started in 93'. This was released 4 years after the first movie covering the events between 96'- early 2000 and does a great job at answering questions as well as making yourself ask new ones. It also gives a great insight on the awareness the first movie had created and how it effected those who felt the need to act on the behalf of 3 wrongly convicted youths who have been sentenced with life in prison and then some.
½ August 16, 2015
The struggle for justice continue, providing more and more facts. Though keep banging their head against a judge not willing to risk his career. The Memphis three looking even more innocent, though stepfather Bryce looking like a benzodiazepem wreecking, which he ceartainly was back then.
May 26, 2015
Still makes for compelling viewing but revisits too much of the previous film's content and provides too little new material to justify its run time
February 14, 2015
Relies on the first film a little too much, and is a bit less objective.
½ November 22, 2014
The continuing story in a second documentary that I thought I didn't need, but arguably even more compelling with a few more extra twists thrown in for good measure
October 16, 2014
incredible, disturbing look into the mind of a complete lunatic and a sloppy judicial system allowing him to walk free while innocent teens sit on death row
September 9, 2014
Revelations documents attempts to exonerate the West Memphis Three (through appeals and public support) of the horrible child murders committed in Robin Hood Falls. One of the three, Damian Echols, is on Death Row, and his time is running out.
The implication of John Mark Byers (the adoptive father of one of the victims) as the perpetrator of the murders is shocking. This film literally made my jaw drop.
I'm going to watch the third film right now!
July 26, 2014
What a witch hunt, don't get arrested in the South. Fascinating.
January 10, 2014
This set of Documentaries is a must watch for everyone!
January 4, 2014
lived up to the title and a much more improvement than the first Paradise Lost
rating 5 / 5
October 9, 2013
These poor guys!!! That's all I can say. I'm glad I watched these documentaries after they were already released so that I know they are finally free!
September 3, 2013
Just as well done as the first one.....and truly shows how insane Mark Byers is.....
May 24, 2013
Not as strong as Part One, but then the story is now less determined and more ethereal. The growing weight of evidence against the guilt of the boys is clear, but the time spent apparently trying to implicate Byers makes for slightly uneasy viewing. I guess knowledge of the ultimate result of all these shenanigans dilutes the full impact of these films, and seeing them at the time must have been a hugely impactful (??) experience
April 1, 2013
Paradise Lost 2 picks up the story of the murder of three children in Arkansas in 1993 and the three teenagers who were convicted of the crime despite numerous problems with the case against them and an atmosphere which one, Damien Echols, described as a 'second Salem'. There is much more gripping material included in this film as the convicted killers fruitlessly appeal their sentences while further information about some of the people involved in the case comes to light.
March 7, 2013
Needs to be watched in the series, slightly longer than it needed to be, but the suspense is really building, onto number 3!