Pasolini Reviews

• Apr 05, 2018

I find it to be a weak film. It makes an impression that in theory it was a good idea to make a bio about this genius. But in reality it does not do justice to Pasolini's memory.

• Jan 21, 2018

No Offence, I admire Pasolini and Accatone is definitely a fine film. But for the Pasolini here, I just wish he could be run over sooner as I can't stand Abel Ferrara's stream of consciousness.

• Mar 08, 2016

In an ideal world Abel Ferrara and Willem Dafoe would have won more plaudits for there take on the final days of controversial film director Pier Paolo Pasolini. As its stands this is one of Ferraras very best works following Dafoe as Pasolini finishing his most controversial work Salo and trying to get his next feature off the ground. Ferrara takes elements of the uncompleted script and commits them to film while also showing Pasolinis final hours befoe he is brutally murdered. Dafoe is outstanding as Pasolini a figure who was celebrated and hated in equal measure. He looks uncannily like the great director and its a performance which should be more widely seen. The film includes performances from actors who appeared in Paslolinis work and its no surprise that Ferrara feels a genuine kinship for his idol as they are both renegade filmmakers.

• Feb 26, 2016

Jó lett volna megismerni Pasolinit, de félfilmb?l ezt nem lehet.

Jó lett volna megismerni Pasolinit, de félfilmb?l ezt nem lehet.

• Sep 27, 2015

Difficult and weird but a success.

Difficult and weird but a success.

• Sep 13, 2015

Why do Italian actors speak in English ?

Why do Italian actors speak in English ?

• Jun 02, 2015

A simplistic biopic for a complex character.

A simplistic biopic for a complex character.

• Nov 15, 2014

Para todos os efeitos, é um dos filmes do Abel Ferrara que me deixou mais insatisfeito.

• Oct 02, 2014

Misguided and unengaging.

Misguided and unengaging.

• Sep 16, 2014

It saddens me that the result is a dimly lit, uninsightful, and unenlightening film that doesn't push the envelope like Pasolini's films have -- in addition to being painfully dull, this failure of a biopic chooses to take the pretentious art house trash route rather than present Pasolini as a human with a vision. The brilliant provocateur deserves a lot more than this tame, boring soap opera.